What's new

UMK3's Kara and Glitch Jab's

Uhm...ok, then why do people w/ slow shitty connections lag so much even though their ping is fine, but people faster high-speed internet don't lag and can still have high ping?
Sorry mate, but I am not going to sit here and type out lengthy explanations for something that can be googled in seconds. If you cannot accept facts and general opinion, or respond with more than just speculation, then I am not going to continue this discussion.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
GJ/KJ??? PSSSHHhhhhhhhh, sure, I'll start using them after I can successfully do every single bad-ass combo the game has in it on a consistent basis in a competitive match. Until then, I got more important things to work on :) 84% corner juggle with Kabal, anyone? :p

.....or do you prefer 92%?
You reminded me of a monster I pulled off not too long ago at the arcade, I was kabal and I was cornered, opponent was a nnja. I jumped back and did an air fireball but he managed to kick me in the air before the ball touches him, so I land after being kicked and all I did was spin his ass. As you can imagine, he was still in the air for the fireball and in perfect position, so I just ran in and hpx2, jk, air fireball, jk, air fireball and slk. That was around +80% oh yes :)
its not a particularly hard combo to pull off, the great part was being able to spin him after the jumping kick hit me though

As long as long/hard combos go, I've lost that patience with the years. I stopped caring about finding and practicing combos and focused on strats and mindgames. I know, combos are a big deal in the game, but I bacame lazy about them.

MKK hanzo if only I had mastered the reptile juggle when you came to Colombia :p jajja you did fall for my tactics more than once but I just fucked up the combos every single time :(

you need to come back! I think we're playing better now

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Sorry mate, but I am not going to sit here and type out lengthy explanations for something that can be googled in seconds. If you cannot accept facts and general opinion, or respond with more than just speculation, then I am not going to continue this discussion.
Ok, Fine...then what the hell do i Google and what's a Google ?? :p

You reminded me of a monster I pulled off not too long ago at the arcade, I was kabal and I was cornered, opponent was a nnja. I jumped back and did an air fireball but he managed to kick me in the air before the ball touches him, so I land after being kicked and all I did was spin his ass. As you can imagine, he was still in the air for the fireball and in perfect position, so I just ran in and hpx2, jk, air fireball, jk, air fireball and slk. That was around +80% oh yes :)
its not a particularly hard combo to pull off, the great part was being able to spin him after the jumping kick hit me though

As long as long/hard combos go, I've lost that patience with the years. I stopped caring about finding and practicing combos and focused on strats and mindgames. I know, combos are a big deal in the game, but I bacame lazy about them.
Yea aaSpin, aaHP, HP, JK/AFBx3 is 100% and it's just raw, no damage protection from aaSpin...you can get 92% on Jax/Sheeva from a grounded Spin, then SUJK, HK, LK, HP,HP,D+HP, JK/AFBx4. I 've gotten JK/AFBx3 on Kung Lao and Sonya and some characters you'd NEVER expect it possible, but as far as I can tell from pro-tips and my own practicing you can only get 4 on Jax/Sheeva, but I'm gonna keep trying it on the male ninjas anyway.

I agree that JK/AFBx2 isn't hard but 3 or 4 is taking it to the next level and I've only seen like 1 or 2 other people do it besides myself. After the 2nd one the timing becomes much stricter and it keeps getting harder and harder to keep it going, but combos are the main reason I play this game so I will never stop trying to learn new ones.

EDIT: I said 92%, but I think it's actually 82%....might be 92% w/ HK-finisher, i forget where I saw 92% but he has a 92% corner also LOL I'm 92% sure of it

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Speed and ping are two different things. You can have a beast of a connection but if you have a slow ping well then there you go it's gonna be super delayed. I talk to Chroizo on a semi regular basis. And his net is good. But I think his ping is a bit slow. I'm from Europe and hell, even I find it laggy. But idk why guys are playing Chorizo so much when you know it's going to be all delayed. Besides it's online we all know it's a bullshit rollercoaster anyway. I don't get why this online thing always get's brought up in UMK3. It was on ultimatemk, classicmk and now on TYM. We all agree online is well, online. Yet here we are 6 years later. Talking about the same old shit. Let's move along.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Speed and ping are two different things. You can have a beast of a connection but if you have a slow ping well then there you go it's gonna be super delayed. I talk to Chroizo on a semi regular basis. And his net is good. But I think his ping is a bit slow. I'm from Europe and hell, even I find it laggy. But idk why guys are playing Chorizo so much when you know it's going to be all delayed. Besides it's online we all know it's a bullshit rollercoaster anyway. I don't get why this online thing always get's brought up in UMK3. It was on ultimatemk, classicmk and now on TYM. We all agree online is well, online. Yet here we are 6 years later. Talking about the same old shit. Let's move along.
I know.....but people STILL think it matters so we have no choice but to address the issue yet AGAIN. Some people are just not very educated or stubborn as hell and take online serious as shit....

....but then they don't show up to tournaments LMAO

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I agree that JK/AFBx2 isn't hard but 3 or 4 is taking it to the next level and I've only seen like 1 or 2 other people do it besides myself. After the 2nd one the timing becomes much stricter and it keeps getting harder and harder to keep it going, but combos are the main reason I play this game so I will never stop trying to learn new ones.
I've only tried the third one a few times and it always was in a vs match. I've only gotten JK/AFBx3 maybe 2-3 times tops. I don't really bother with combos anymore but I see where you're coming from

MKK hanzo

MKK hanzo if only I had mastered the reptile juggle when you came to Colombia :p jajja you did fall for my tactics more than once but I just fucked up the combos every single time :(

you need to come back! I think we're playing better now
My friend I KNOW you guys are playing better and Im dying to go again to Colombia. Right now Im tight on money but I really want to go. Who knows maybe not for the GG tourney but after.

As you knoe Im not fond of MK9 and barely play it, but I would love to play the mk9 crew over there again.

This time I will not be so lucky and they will not get nervous. I just know it.

Oh and if you pick Reptile I will counter pick INMEDIATELY :D In fact: H Smoke will be my main if I go there again!! :cool:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Edit just for fun:

I have just finished playing a heavy glitch jabber and I am now very frustrated. The whole fight turned into a run jab match. He would block and wait for a time to crouch lk, then it would start all over again. Occasionally a combo would happen when someone miss-timed the crouch lk, but then things would reset and we would be back to either jabbing or blocking.

Due to me getting punched in the face everytime I tried to anything other than run jabs or a sweep, they won about 70% of the time.

NoDoubt

nasty
I have just finished playing a heavy glitch jabber and I am now very frustrated. The whole fight turned into a run jab match. He would block and wait for a time to crouch lk, then it would start all over again. Occasionally a combo would happen when someone miss-timed the crouch lk, but then things would reset and we would be back to either jabbing or blocking.

Due to me getting punched in the face everytime I tried to anything other than run jabs or a sweep, they won about 70% of the time.

if u dont like playin gjabbers dont play them.

If u dont mind it, keep practicin n goin at it.

Im about 2 go to my friends house one of these days on his ps3 and blow the shit out of these PSN trolls watch OUT !! : P

I don't mind playing them anymore. I have to if I want to get better, but it is still frustrating every time I get clothes lined by punches. :p
IMO if you don't have XBL you're missing out on the best active player base . There's 25 people I consistently play and only 4 of them are aggressive GJs.

IMO if you don't have XBL you're missing out on the best active player base . There's 25 people I consistently play and only 4 of them are aggressive GJs.
I have a ps3 and xbox, but the xbox controller is a nightmare. I can honestly say that I'm at least 25% better with the ps3 controller. I have a converter with a ps2 controller, but I've experienced some input delay and even stuck directional inputs with that. I would love to play more consistently on xbox, but the controller situation is just not working out.

I have a ps3 and xbox, but the xbox controller is a nightmare. I can honestly say that I'm at least 25% better with the ps3 controller. I have a converter with a ps2 controller, but I've experienced some input delay and even stuck directional inputs with that. I would love to play more consistently on xbox, but the controller situation is just not working out.
I prefer the 360 controller, the gaps in between the dpad directions really don't suit me on the ps3 controller. The flat buttons are not great either.

I prefer the 360 controller, the gaps in between the dpad directions really don't suit me on the ps3 controller. The flat buttons are not great either.
I don't hear this very often. It's unreal how many times my character does things like a straight up jump when I'm trying to jump towards while using the xbox controller.

I don't hear this very often. It's unreal how many times my character does things like a straight up jump when I'm trying to jump towards while using the xbox controller.
It happened to me too, but I got used to it. I figured out which parts of the dpad were not accurate and adjusted my inputs accordingly. I could barely do ermac's TKS or kung lao's spin on any dpad, so I moved to an arcade stick and now I do them everytime. I am starting to think glitch jabs are easier for me on a controller, but I won't go back, I will just keep practicing until I get used to it.

nwo

Noob
It happened to me too, but I got used to it. I figured out which parts of the dpad were not accurate and adjusted my inputs accordingly. I could barely do ermac's TKS or kung lao's spin on any dpad, so I moved to an arcade stick and now I do them everytime. I am starting to think glitch jabs are easier for me on a controller, but I won't go back, I will just keep practicing until I get used to it.
"Stick with the stick" believe me. I'm now 11 months in, and I'm surpassing where I left off on the ps2 controller in every way. Glitch jabbing was awkward at first on stick, just like everything else, but you won't even think about it eventually. Did you ever figure out the run jabs?

"Stick with the stick" believe me. I'm now 11 months in, and I'm surpassing where I left off on the ps2 controller in every way. Glitch jabbing was awkward at first on stick, just like everything else, but you won't even think about it eventually. Did you ever figure out the run jabs?
I did, but it is the kara jabs that I really want to get now. I need to practice pressing run+direction, let go, lp+block and then do it all again and mix it up with other things.

So can a punch be glitched from the very first press? I guess so, but it seems like I need to be punching a few times before I can hold block without the character going into the blocking animation. What does everyone do? Do you press punch, block, punch, block etc. very quickly or do you press punch, hold block, punch punch punch punch, etc. ? I am talking about glitch jabs, not single kara jabs.