What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
thanks delriach.

when i used up to par. it wasnt use to say she is with the other characters. i just said up to par because she is more playable now. than she was a week ago. lol

and yes i agree her normals are indeed very slow. i still wonder and debate if her normals are as slow as mileenas or sheevas. but anywhoot. so no b12 as a main way to punish. gotcha.

now how do u deal witht the negative edge for sindel sometimes. like when i block and manage to get a window to punish ill attempt my combo and out of the blue her hair whip or fireball comes out of nowhere and cuts the combo short. any word of advice to deal with that?

Delriach

Sindelly
thanks delriach.

when i used up to par. it wasnt use to say she is with the other characters. i just said up to par because she is more playable now. than she was a week ago. lol

and yes i agree her normals are indeed very slow. i still wonder and debate if her normals are as slow as mileenas or sheevas. but anywhoot. so no b12 as a main way to punish. gotcha.

now how do u deal witht the negative edge for sindel sometimes. like when i block and manage to get a window to punish ill attempt my combo and out of the blue her hair whip or fireball comes out of nowhere and cuts the combo short. any word of advice to deal with that?
Nope. Negative edge still screws me over and I've been using her since before the game came out XD. I pray my opponent doesn't punish me when I accidentally do a standing fireball. It's really the worst feeling in the world. >_<

I used to use b12 as a main way to punish before the ridiculous damage scaling. I either use 44 now or b3f2 (depending on the situation).

You can try 44, b12, 1, hair whip for some decent damage. 44, 1, db2, jip, f12, df2 works too. It's not the best damage but it's decent.

Edit: fixed the first combo. Was confusing it with another one lol.

Delriach

Sindelly
i have no clue about sindel i just thought 37% from an air to air would be pretty good lol.

If you do the jump punch that makes them bounce back to the ground, you can do scream, b3f2, dash, f12 hair whip. That does 32% damage. It's very rare though. If you knock someone out of the air with a jump punch you're not likely to hit anything depending on how they fall. You might get lucky with a dash 1 into hair whip. I dunno. It has never worked in my favor. Maybe the new EX scream will change that though. Haven't really tested it.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Nope. Negative edge still screws me over and I've been using her since before the game came out XD. I pray my opponent doesn't punish me when I accidentally do a standing fireball. It's really the worst feeling in the world. >_<

I used to use b12 as a main way to punish before the ridiculous damage scaling. I either use 44 now or b3f2 (depending on the situation).

You can try 44, b12, 1, hair whip for some decent damage. 44, 1, db2, jip, f12, df2 works too. It's not the best damage but it's decent.

Edit: fixed the first combo. Was confusing it with another one lol.
it is. i scream like how could it be. noooo!. lol
but as for the 44 i have found that doing jip 44, 1 db2 jip b3 EX fb gives me 33% damage or 44,1 db2 jip b3 step up for 31 or 33% not sure.
i normally dont do b12 in the 44 because i either drop it or b2 command comes out instead. so i stick with the combos i have used to at least get 30+ damage when im doing 44. of course i try to land a jip. without it i get maybe 27 to 29%.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
since i was compelled to explore the stunning properties of her f1 2 i realized how much more up to par she would be if f1 2 provided the same amount of hitstun as kitana's cutter for example. she could get a safe jump into jip~mix up of any choosing and possibly continue to end it with f1 2 until the opponent choses correctly (kind of like Quan Chi's shenanigans with his teleport hitstun) its basic but would be very effective since sindel has nothing (btw why oh WHY does kitana have a stunning attack like that but sindel doesnt? smh)

we should have asked for that in this patch X( i doubt we'll ever get it now

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
(btw why oh WHY does kitana have a stunning attack like that but sindel doesnt? smh) we should have asked for that in this patch X( i doubt we'll ever get it now
well we did ask for armor on her cartwheel at least. did we recieve it. negative. but they fixed her yell which was something that really needed to be fix. but now that its fixed. do people actually use it more than if it wasnt fix. i know i use it alot. but i dont do the 2,1 or 3,1 into a scream as much. doesnt anybody do that combo starter. i knows its wasting a bar that could be used for a breaker. but does it provide any real good use or damage out put if ur starting with 2,1 or 3,1 into scream?

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
well we did ask for armor on her cartwheel at least. did we recieve it. negative. but they fixed her yell which was something that really needed to be fix. but now that its fixed. do people actually use it more than if it wasnt fix. i know i use it alot. but i dont do the 2,1 or 3,1 into a scream as much. doesnt anybody do that combo starter. i knows its wasting a bar that could be used for a breaker. but does it provide any real good use or damage out put if ur starting with 2,1 or 3,1 into scream?
i am definitely thankful for she got. i am very grateful but... dare i say; its certainly not enough. it just isnt. her biggest issue goes unresolved (getting away from pressure and opponents off of her) which would have been resolved with armor. but nope. we didnt even get an easier way to safely approach people (which would have been resolved with sufficient hitstun off of f1 2 for example) to help her shitty offense. its not like she would have nearly been OP. just look at kabal. he arguably has some of the best zoning/rush down capabilities over the whole roster and people dont complain about that

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sindel being any stronger in this game would make the game very dumb. Shes already got some amazing tools, people just don't realize it yet...

I know everyone wants to be a hero with the supposed "bottom tier" characters but Sindel is not the type of character that needs to be strong up close because of how good her zoning game is. She is a huge problem for half of the cast and the other half she has to work a little.

If you guys want to be a Sindel main get comfortable with the idea that you need a back up character for her slightly more difficult matches.

The biggest complaint I see in these threads is that people want a safe way to wake up that isn't punishable on block. Or people want to get really really close to their opponent and start offense. If you aren't the type of player that is conscious about the distance between you and your opponent, stop using her.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
thanks. oh trust sir i know she is a zoning character. i blast out fireballs all day. lol
my only problem was that once a opponent got in i some how just lose it and cant get out quick enough. majority of the ppl i run into online pick teleporters and cross me up all day.
im just trying to open my mind and read as much info to see how others punish with her when the heat is on and they cant blast them with the balls.

So, you're having trouble with teleporting characters? Whenever you come across 1 don't rely on projectiles so much. Treat it like a different character. Go in, but let block be your friend. Once you get in punish them. If they teleport block it and punish with a bnb. Try to take notice of how your opponent chooses to block. Do they duck block the majority of the time? If so, go with b3f2 combos. If they are standing, go with b12 combos. Ever since the patch my game has completely leveled up. I almost feel cheap playing with her.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Sindel being any stronger in this game would make the game very dumb. Shes already got some amazing tools, people just don't realize it yet...

I know everyone wants to be a hero with the supposed "bottom tier" characters but Sindel is not the type of character that needs to be strong up close because of how good her zoning game is. She is a huge problem for half of the cast and the other half she has to work a little.

If you guys want to be a Sindel main get comfortable with the idea that you need a back up character for her slightly more difficult matches.

At 1 time that's what I was prepared to do, but I'm starting to get really comfortable with every matchup. I think it's because I've broadened my knowledge of the characters by playing through ladder with them. It helped a little, but I will agree a high level Kung Lao player will win more against a high level Sindel player.

Delriach

Sindelly

She doesn't need anything other than a way to deal with a stupid amount of pressure. The extra invincibility frames do help but it's nothing compared to the options other characters have. That's the only real problem I have with her. That's the problem I've always had. That and how her scream sucked.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
i am definitely thankful for she got. i am very grateful but... dare i say; its certainly not enough. it just isnt. her biggest issue goes unresolved (getting away from pressure and opponents off of her) which would have been resolved with armor. but nope. we didnt even get an easier way to safely approach people (which would have been resolved with sufficient hitstun off of f1 2 for example) to help her shitty offense. its not like she would have nearly been OP. just look at kabal. he arguably has some of the best zoning/rush down capabilities over the whole roster and people dont complain about that
don't be ashamed to use d4.....it's the best tool against being pressured I've learned.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Sao thats not the issue at all.

i am fully aware of my good and bad match ups on how to properly space. what almost all non-sindel players dont seem to understand is that sindel's fireball wall is not impenetrable. Any (and yes even you Baraka and sheeva) character can inch their way in and use their trusty Armored move (just LIke Johnny's EX shadow kick) and it will be done for sindel. she cant escape. her normals are abysmally slow and her fastest way of escape (step up) can be easily stuffed with a poke. honestly screw the hitstun on her f1 2. all i wanted was some damn armor like every other typical character. that would have wored so much more for her than the slow-ass b1 new low she got that has ridiculous damage scaling. i would have traded that for an armored move

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
She doesn't need anything other than a way to deal with a stupid amount of pressure. The extra invincibility frames do help but it's nothing compared to the options other characters have. That's the only real problem I have with her. That's the problem I've always had. That and how her scream sucked.
I think you just need to get offline. Sindel has a 6 frame d1 and a 7 frame d3 that is cancelable into a safe overhead which creates a neutral situation on block or resets her zoning game on hit. Poking is very important for anyone that is getting smothered by pressure.

Edit: End of game is right, d4 rocks as well.

Maybe this is known, maybe not. But here is an absolute frame trap that Sindel players should be using. 4, 4 leaves Sindel at enough advantage to land a free d1 against even spin/reptile dash. D1 should then be cancelled into cartwheel, you will be surprised at the amount of players that push buttons after 4, 4 on block resetting your zoning game.

Btw she still has a glitched fireball if your hands are fast, which makes her zoning game really dumb ;D

Delriach

Sindelly

i am fully aware of my good and bad match ups on how to properly space. what almost all non-sindel players dont seem to understand is that sindel's fireball wall is not impenetrable. Any (and yes even you Baraka and sheeva) character can inch their way in and use their trusty Armored move (just LIke Johnny's EX shadow kick) and it will be done for sindel. she cant escape. her normals are abysmally slow and her fastest way of escape (step up) can be easily stuffed with a poke

I want to say the days of getting stuffed out of a wakeup step up are no more. It hasn't happened to me post patch yet at least. She'll still get owned if they jump over it though, lol. I really do need to test it out on better players...

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

i am fully aware of my good and bad match ups on how to properly space. what almost all non-sindel players dont seem to understand is that sindel's fireball wall is not impenetrable. Any (and yes even you Baraka and sheeva) character can inch their way in and use their trusty Armored move (just LIke Johnny's EX shadow kick) and it will be done for sindel. she cant escape. her normals are abysmally slow and her fastest way of escape (step up) can be easily stuffed with a poke

ahhh I see what you're saying. While using her projectiles spacing is VERY important as you know. Her cartwheel plays a huge factor in this. If someone is inching in, give them the step up treatment. You don't need to land all hits of it, but it's vital to learn at what distance the last kick where reach.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I want to say the days of getting stuffed out of a wakeup step up are no more. It hasn't happened to me post patch yet at least. She'll still get owned if they jump over it though, lol. I really do need to test it out on better players...
if i had the patched version i wouldnt have included that part :(

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I think you just need to get offline. Sindel has a 6 frame d1 and a 7 frame d3 that is cancelable into a safe overhead which creates a neutral situation on block or resets her zoning game on hit. Poking is very important for anyone that is getting smothered by pressure.

THIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I'm under the impression lately that people believe they are utilizing her correctly when they're not. Online is garbage and can totally shit on everything.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
if your d4 is blocked sindel dies
Thats why you always buffer a safe move, aka cartwheel. If it hits, blocked or not cartwheel comes out. If it whiffs the cartwheel follow up never comes out. Don't take risks without padding yourself with absolute safety, this is something you should be thinking about with any character.

Delriach

Sindelly
I go to gatherings every week in the Chicago area. I do rather well actually. In theory her d1 should work but that's not always the case. In situations where she should beat out someone with a d1 it's not always consistent. Osu16bit was even trying it when we were at Fighter x Shooter and he was shocked at how unreliable it is. Step up isn't exactly as safe as it may seem either. If the step up whiffs then she's definitely vulnerable too. And it's a very predictable move that gets beat by lows.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery

The biggest complaint I see in these threads is that people want a safe way to wake up that isn't punishable on block. Or people want to get really really close to their opponent and start offense. If you aren't the type of player that is conscious about the distance between you and your opponent, stop using her.
good point. im do have my back up character. and as far as "bottom tier hero thing" i dont pay attention to that tier stuff. i have always like sindel rather if she is at the top or at the bottom it dont matter. my thing was is that it seems that she can be poked out in just about all her moves when someone gets close. and then when u have to deal with a teleporter u cant always blast them fireballs all match. so a little pick me up wouldnt hurt for when a really good player is really pressuring you.