What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

Delriach

Sindelly
There's not much to say on the matter. You're pretty much screwed if your opponent is at the same level as you or better. It's such an uphill battle every single match. It's not just bad, but it's really draining and demanding. I don't really mind playing this game like it's a shmup but the reward is so minimal. You have to pray your opponent does something unsafe that's easy to punish.

If you're fighting someone like Reptile or Cage you'll get destroyed by just one little mistake. Kitana is the same way. Sindel can outzone her if you're really smart about it but if she manages to get one combo in all your hard work would be for nothing. Since Sindel has one of the worst comeback potentials out of any character in the game, if you're at the life disadvantage you can't really do anything significant.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Honestly, I don't see why they're so resistant to the idea of making her regular (non-EX) scream a solid all around stun move in the vein of spear, ice ball, trance, etc like it was in MK3.

Why is this idea verboten?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
it's extremely frustrating. im there with you..

it makes absolutely no sense why she cant 2,1 scream.
no sense why her d,f,1 fireball is so unsafe
no sense why 4 into a special move isnt allowed
no sense why she has 2 chargeable moves and they are block-able. at summer jam tom and i were talking and i was talking about how when you charge the 2 in the 2,1,2 combo, i was saying that the 2 if charged should allow the sindel player to cancel into a special move. he was like whats the damage if the 2 is charged, i said 5% he just laughed, LOL it is funny because all of the other chargeable moves in the game do like 2-3x's more damage and are unblock-able. yet hers cant be WTF :confused:

everything would make sense if any of these attacks lead into some sort of frame trap in her advantage, but she doesnt even have that. NO safe jump opportunities like almost the whole cast not her.

if she randomly connects a 2nd scream in 2 separate combos (like b,1,2,scream, uppercut, they wake up and jump at her she screams, that scream will knocked them to the ground as if 2 screams connected in a combo when its clearly a new combo) because her opponent fucks up.

then lets not discuss her xray, sindels Xray is low poke and cross up~able?? meaning she is the only character in the game that has to guess to have her xray connect.. the rest of the cast have the mid range xray where x rays counters every attack. then theres the other 4 --> jade + quan theres counters cross ups but not lows and kano and jax theres counters lows but not cross ups (and theirs are unblockable..

sindels xray in combos scales so much so that in some combos she dishes out less damage then a naked xray.. in high level play sindels xray is trash.. whats the point of it having armor???????? theres so much more crap with sindel and glitchy stupid shit..

her cartwheel and hair whip enhance versions only dish out 2% more damage nothing else special about them THANKFULLY the cartwheel enhanced version will have that "something else" to it.

i can go on and on.. bleh.

Delriach

Sindelly
It's not just the attitude. I use Sindel in tournaments and somehow manage to do well. The only reason for that is because players don't have experience against her. I won a local in June. Since then I've placed within the top 4. I always lose to reptile, cage. In one case Cyrax. Osu's amazing Kitana put me into losers on Thursday. Kitana is rewarded for landing a projectile unless mine trades. She has a much better rushdown.
Her pokes are better. She can escape from danger.

What does Sindel have? A fireball that doesn't let you follow up with anything. Her pokes are horrible. All her normals are slow. Her combos do very little damage and require stupid timing if you utilize scream. She has no real good way to escape corner pressure. Even if you knock an opponent out of the air she cant do anything. If I get hit by Cage in the same situation I not only take a combo but I have to deal with a mixup. If I block I take massive chip damage. If I get hit the match is over. If I jump I can get hit into the situation all over again. If I do a down 1 to get out, cage is more likely to succeed for some reason. It's awful.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
It also makes no sense why B3,F2 after an air to air jump punch forces a hard knockdown instead of allowing a combo.

DanCock, after playing Sindel for a while, I can really understand your frustration with her bizarre and seemingly arbitrary limitations. She is definitely a character that needs a revision to be competitive.

That said, Sindel is not useless in her current state and can be dangerous with certain techniques (especially online). 2,1 into flight cancel is an amazing mixup. She can grab, 2,1->flight cancel again, or if they start attempting to poke her out of flight, just 2,1->Step Up. Being able to throw out so many lows and overheads makes her blockstrings scary. She's also the zoner anti-zoner, being able to usually outzone other dedicated zoners. Trouble is, if she loses momentum, she's never getting it back because she can't wake-up with anything decent and can't deal with cross-up pressure.

Anyway, while spitting fireballs and flight cancelling blockstrings is her strength, that's really all she has... and it's not enough. I really hope someone from NRS has been keeping tabs on all the problems people have pointed out for her, so maybe we'll have some pleasant surprises in the next patch. :)

Somberness

Lights
Yell needs to be more effective, I mean it's almost as bad as Sonya's kiss as far as comboing into it and effectiveness. She does not need it as much as Sindel though. I wonder if people would prefer cutting the frames in half but instead making it like -15 on block? More and better combos and a good anti air option. You could say that would be too good, but look at something like spin.

Delriach

Sindelly
It would be nice if I didn't take a full combo for even attempting scream lol. If I don't get hit out if the start up animaation they'll just block and blow me up lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel only anti zones herself lolol. Every other zoning character has a teleport lolol
except Stryker the other stupid zoning character. At least he has a strong uppercut, and safe jump opportunities.

2,1 mix ups are nice problem is 2 is so slow that the mix ups can be fuzzy blocked
and you can't really frame trap them. They can just fuzzy block and punish/jump away.
not to mention you have to be in there faces to even attempt this mix up. Something like 4 into special would make her very good like the a tiers in the game cause it'll then give her a decent mix up.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Her mix up game is not sick. Both the low fireball and step up pushes her foe away
from her and doesn't allow for follow up mix ups. In her combo strings her mid attack
and low attack are the second attack of the string making it easy to fuzzy block.
Her mix up game doesn't allow for decent combo opportunities like the rest of the cast.
If 2,1 into scream was possible then her mix up game would be decent.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Well im guessing shes like that because she can zone, low and high fireball and fly. I dont know but thats the answers i get for kano's incompleteness

But i do agree she should definitely have more tools

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm gonna be honest, in the little experience I've had using her and playing against her I've found her cancels to be of upmost importance. Her damage is similar tO mileena.

Do you guys ever try using her as a rushdown and zoner? U find her rush down to be more effective w her cancels. Also post patch she will have a ex cartwheel w armor.

I agree she needs to be able to scream out of her strings and connect 4 into scream. If they fixed this one thing shed be hella good IMO

kandehbar

The Gryphon
the only tools she accually needs is some of her move become mids and others low the most i see people complaining about is high lows

Safe strings would be nice to i guess but i dont really play sindel so i couldn't make that call

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Is sindel really that bad?
When you go to tournaments with high level players. Players with equal skill, you find out that everything sindel does is a guess. Even her punishment game is a 50/50 guess. When she can't anti rush down. If IF 4 into special were possible shed be able to anti rush down characters.

When her scream is so slow and you get a pop up and you want to do a full combo your stuck thinking umm if I scream after this pop up if I scream will it connect... So what you have to resort to is doing 3 or 1 into scream which then lowers the damage output WTF???? No other character has this issue.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Piggy her rush down is trash because her strings can be poked out of. She doesn't
have a low starter string Like possibly the whole cast. B1 should be this.
The second hit of the 2 string can be poked put of the second 4 of the 44 combo
can be interrupted with fast uppercuts and low pokes.
I don't even care for 4 into scream but 4 into the cartwheel and low fireball would be a
good rush down/anti rush down tool ..

And a certain some one we know said her enhanced armor cartwheel is as trashy as
sonyas enhanced cartwheel. So crossups into combos will still own it. Atleast it makes
sense for sonyas not to have super armor because hers pops up but sindels should have
super armor because there's no follow up after it hits like raidens torpedo.
So it will be good if it had super armor

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Is her levitation any good?
Only when it's being cancelled out with block or a fireball instantly. Other then that no it's another useless move she has.

Her hair whip on block should cause a push back like reptiles acid hand.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
IMO sindel is probably the worst character in the game, or at the very least tied with stryker for it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sucks because Sindel is IMO the best female character that MK has... I've always loved everything about her.

NRS, give her a buff. Make her scream not useless. Please. :)