What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Then her best tool the flight-IAF can't be used up close because it's so unsafe. They
should atleast give her air fireball if blocked some +frames on block so that shes not at such a
disadvantage.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hey dan, dude curious have you picked up Kitana in this game yet? She's really solid and I know you use her in like very MK except this one? Or do you use her as one of you mains?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hey dan, dude curious have you picked up Kitana in this game yet? She's really solid and I know you use her in like very MK except this one? Or do you use her as one of you mains?
I use kitana and Kung Lao. But I get hated on if I use anyone else but sindel in tourneys.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
kandehbar said:
Is sindel really that bad?
Sindel has some solid zoning strategies, but they are not even the best in the game. She has nothing else. She cannot start an offense because she has the slowest normal attacks in the game. She cannot defend because she has no armor moves aside from her X-Ray. She has difficult and inconsistent combos. There is no other way to say it. She is just a half-assed character. This game is partially about good special moves, so here is what I would do.

- fireball (d,f+1) needs less recovery frames
- Step up kicks need to be -5 on block, so that Kung Lao and Reptile cannot punish it on block. EX step up kicks need armor
- EX scream should be the regular scream which should fix the combos
- if the hair whip is unsafe and has 20 frames of start up, the EX version may as well have armor

I haven't played MK in a long time because they refuse to give Sindel anything.
She doesn't have much to work with especially when you figure her out. Her zoning really doesn't count because it's just not enough in this game. She just doesn't have enough tools at the moment.

Her combos are very iffy, you have to really be on point with them and you can't just pop out a combo any time for pressure. You rally have to be on your toes all the time.

It sucks so bad, you have to work real hard with Sindel to win. Yet you have characters who scratch their ass n get major damage and are easy to just do everything with.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Sucks because Sindel is IMO the best female character that MK has... I've always loved everything about her.

NRS, give her a buff. Make her scream not useless. Please. :)
I'm glad we have people like you dan in this community to speak their minds about these things. Sindel will definitly become much better...my gut tells me that 2,1 and 3,1 and 3,1,b2 will all combo into yell. The regular yell will become the enhanced or the enhanced will be sped up more. I think the hair whip and xartwheel will have armour as well...sindel was perfect imo release day minus the infinte...the infinite is gone now and the patch noted did say that some of sindelf 2 in 1's were TEMPORARILY removed...so that's good news lol...I hope she's getting these buffs cuz I miss playin sindel..I only use her offline and made kitana my main and I feel guilty lol

Delriach

Sindelly
Yeah, I'm done with Sindel. I almost made it to top 8 at FxS but I got bodied by Slips and lost to Heroic legacy in some close matches. Her damage output is so low that my punishes just weren't enough. When the guys from NetherRealm tell me to drop her you know it's time to let go lol.

As for the people that think she has good mixups. She really doesn't. You have to hope your opponent doesnt block the 50/50 or else you take a beating. Her normals are awful. She can't pressure anyone unless they simply don't know what she's doing. It has gotten to the point where high level players don't even bother with breaker because her punishes are pathetic. It doesn't always work in their favor but that mentalilty alone should tell you something. Theory fighter is annoying as it is but it's even worse when talking about Sindel. Her options are limited and she really can't keep up.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
now you know how i feel about my main lol

but im not gonna lie, it seems shes in a rougher spot, was anything confirmed for her in the patch?

Error

DF2+R2
Tier: S
Kung Lao, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kitana, Cyrax, Reptile

Tier: A
Mileena, Sub-Zero, Kano, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Sektor, Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, Smoke, Shang Tsung, Sonya

Tier: B
Cyber Sub-Zero, Ermac, Noob, Jade, Jax

Tier: C
Quan Chi, Baraka

Tier: D
Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva"
Yeah... I don't think Sindel players feel that way yet.

Error

DF2+R2
wait up, mr. incomplete hybrid is grade A? since when? who uses him in tourneys?
That one guy at EVO who beat the only Baraka player(lol). He's always been up on the tier list. Oh and don't forget about incomplete hybrids 1-9, they didn't fare as well as Kano did.

MagicMan357

That one guy at EVO who beat the only Baraka player(lol). He's always been up on the tier list. Oh and don't forget about incomplete hybrids 1-9, they didn't fare as well as Kano did.
LOL, but yea i know people are worse off it just kano is so incomplete it pisses me off, but this is about sindel so im not gonna go on further

just puzzled on tier A!

Ether

Noob
Yeah, I'm done with Sindel. I almost made it to top 8 at FxS but I got bodied by Slips and lost to Heroic legacy in some close matches. Her damage output is so low that my punishes just weren't enough. When the guys from NetherRealm tell me to drop her you know it's time to let go lol.
LMAO.

Somberness

Lights
Sindel has some solid zoning strategies, but they are not even the best in the game. She has nothing else. She cannot start an offense because she has the slowest normal attacks in the game.
Sindel's standing normals average out at 16 startup but that isn't the slowest. Sheeva's average is 20; while there isn't any official data for her yet, Mileena's average is around 20 too according to my estimations. I think Sindel's would be launcher/combo extender (scream) is the main problem, it's not fast enough. It doesn't make sense how it is currently considering the character it is attached too. I sort of understand why kiss is so slow, but not scream.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
XXZ said:
Sindel's standing normals average out at 16 startup but that isn't the slowest. Sheeva's average is 20; while there isn't any official data for her yet, Mileena's average is around 20 too according to my estimations. I think Sindel's would be launcher/combo extender (scream) is the main problem, it's not fast enough. It doesn't make sense how it is currently considering the character it is attached too. I sort of understand why kiss is so slow, but not scream.
Average speed is irrelevant. I think Sheeva's 2 must have a 12-13 frame start up. 2 punishes such things as Reptile's elbow dash very easily. 2,1,2,f+1~b,f+3 is a 30% damaging combo. And at least Mileena has other tools to make up for the slow normal attacks. She is probably a high mid tier character. My point is that Sindel must have one of the worst set of normal moves in the game. She seems one of the characters that NRS doesn't give a damn about. I wish Dan would just move on and main another character. He is wasting his time and talent with a character that has no chance to win any tournament.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
For the record, after the patch Stryker will be boss :)

He's getting some nice upgrades

Sindel will still be trash though from what ive gathered.

Anyone find it ironic how in story mode they build sindel up so much as to be "boss" like?

LOL

Wow, people would rather complain than breakdown and analyze why,when, and where every match up goes bad. Not to mention all the options available for both parties.

MagicMan357

Wow, people would rather complain than breakdown and analyze why,when, and where every match up goes bad. Not to mention all the options available for both parties.
what options, why do people like you always assume stuff like that? There are characters who are shit like sindel who need proper buffs, no ones saying god tier

DanCock

Cock Master!!
myself, dave and delraich already did that in this thread..

Anyone find it ironic how in story mode they build sindel up so much as to be "boss" like?

LOL
glad to hear that about stryker :)

yep, colt actually trolled me about that in one of these threads.. they really dislike her for some reason. so much so they (NRS) rather troll me then actually address the reasons why they wont properly buff her.. none of us are asking to make her OP but were just asking to please

take the handcuffs off her..

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel has some solid zoning strategies, but they are not even the best in the game. She has nothing else. She cannot start an offense because she has the slowest normal attacks in the game. She cannot defend because she has no armor moves aside from her X-Ray. She has difficult and inconsistent combos. There is no other way to say it. She is just a half-assed character. This game is partially about good special moves, so here is what I would do.

- fireball (d,f+1) needs less recovery frames
- Step up kicks need to be -5 on block, so that Kung Lao and Reptile cannot punish it on block. EX step up kicks need armor
- EX scream should be the regular scream which should fix the combos
- if the hair whip is unsafe and has 20 frames of start up, the EX version may as well have armor
i just started using Cage last night. its like wow night and day lol then i look at his frame info, dude has 20 different type of attacks that are 9 frames or lower LOLOL he may just be my new main :)

SZSR

Noob

LOL
Lol, I was just thinking about that today. :rofl: She killed half the cast in story, and in actual gameplay she's a pushover. I say they give her a super buff to make her S (or A+) Tier so that it'll actually be an accurate depiction of her fighting abilities in story, without giving her an infinite.

Somberness

Lights
Average speed is irrelevant. I think Sheeva's 2 must have a 12-13 frame start up. 2 punishes such things as Reptile's elbow dash very easily. 2,1,2,f+1~b,f+3 is a 30% damaging combo. And at least Mileena has other tools to make up for the slow normal attacks. She is probably a high mid tier character. My point is that Sindel must have one of the worst set of normal moves in the game. She seems one of the characters that NRS doesn't give a damn about. I wish Dan would just move on and main another character. He is wasting his time and talent with a character that has no chance to win any tournament.
I'm not going to argue about her normals not being the best, that's a given. Just saying she's not the slowest. I don't want NRS to turn her into some sort of rushdown character by making them faster though. Scream should be faster to allow for more combo links and as a better defensive tool. Yes, you could then do over 40% a lot easier but isn't that why b3 is so slow? Kitana can do 50% off a much faster attack and she can keep away/zone quite well.