What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

DanCock

Cock Master!!
sindels and Noob saibots uppercuts should BOTH be faster then cage and Kung lao.. thats where this game makes no sense to me what so ever..

Past

Noob
sindels and Noob saibots uppercuts should BOTH be faster then cage and Kung lao.. thats where this game makes no sense to me what so ever..
It does make sense. Cage and Kung Lao are top tier. They should have tools that they don't really need to complete (flip kick and spin). This forces cage and lao to actually think when the opponent is jumping at them. (Do I use flip kick? Uppercut? Shadow Kick to avoid crossover punches? D+1? B3?)

Noob, Sindel, and Stryker are all in the same boat. Well, I guess Noob turned out the best overall but not by that much. Seems like they were all designed for keepaway/zoning primarily, and were given terrible normals/combos (whether it be startup frames, range, hit level, damge...) as a result. It's too bad that none of them have the best zoning game (although I think Sindel has the best of the 3). It's also harder to be a range/projectile based character when half the cast can teleport...

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Yeah I've been lurking this board since the game came out for strategies and what not. I've played thousands of games with her, but whenever I had to fight good competition she falls apart under pressure, or is just altogether outclassed. It makes no sense that so many fighters can trade with you at a distance and do pretty well, and then get close and rape you there too.
Dropped her for my old second CSZ and I'm picking up Jade now.

It was fun using her, but until she gets some serious attention, I don't think I can play as her much anymore.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Yeah it's kind of hard to zone in this game period, when your zoning is beat by teleports, armored moves, or damn, even other projectiles! lol I hope zoning becomes improved by the next mk.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Dan, Delriach gave you a shoutout in the Fighter x Shooter stream, him and Digi were doing commentary and he said "shoutout to DanCock since we're the only two Sindel players fighting for her."

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
While i agree with everything said. I still don't think she is worthless. She truly is a chess players style char, in that you have to guess and out think your opponant. While this is hard and in some matches it does not matter due to the opponants options. I Still consider Sindel my main though i have worked hard on having Mileena and Jax as my go tos for the most part. There are some matchups that i would rather use Sindel then any other char i play. Online is way different than tourneys but i have played some high level players online that i bodied based on reads. She is basically a one dimensional character that has small options if the opportunity rises. I find that if i try to do to much with her and not stick to her fireball zoning i die. She cannot get out of any pressure. However i see many Sindels players that do not utilize her zoning like she should be used. She needs buffs to be fully viable at the Tourney level but even without she still has uses. Just my thought on the matter and as Dan knows i play Sindel very different from basically all Sin players. Maybe thats why i still feel she is strong in ways. Though if NRS wants to be nice they really just need to make her standard scream as fast as the EN and i would be happy.

TrembleGoose

Aww, damn!!
Noob, Sindel, and Stryker are all in the same boat. Well, I guess Noob turned out the best overall but not by that much. Seems like they were all designed for keepaway/zoning primarily, and were given terrible normals/combos (whether it be startup frames, range, hit level, damge...) as a result. It's too bad that none of them have the best zoning game (although I think Sindel has the best of the 3). It's also harder to be a range/projectile based character when half the cast can teleport...
This. Traditional zoners dont work in this game.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
So I guess what I'm hearing she isn't gonna get any type of buff like everyone else is :'(
Yep sounds like jade and Stryker are being helped. But the buffs for quan and sindel won't be that great. Bleh

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I think they should give zoners anti armor properties on their ex projectiles, like in street fighter. In SF, an ex fireball will beat armor on focus moves; something like that could help the zoners quite a bit imo

M2Dave

Zoning Master
TrembleGoose said:
This. Traditional zoners dont work in this game.
I also agree. Too many teleport special moves. Too many anti-projectile special moves like Nightwolf's and Kenshi's reflect, Smoke's shake, and Jade's green glow. Too many full screen armor moves. How does NRS expect characters like Sindel to be successful in this game? I could put together five posts to explain how half-assed some of these zoning characters are. The engine has problems too. Stuff like full screen enhanced attacks with "super armor" should not exist. It is not present in Street Fighter for a reason, NRS. Boxer's EX dash punches can only absorb one hit. That is how armor attacks should function in MK as well. The game is fun, but it is very sloppy in certain aspects. Again, I could write pages on the subject.

I also agree. Too many teleport special moves. Too many anti-projectile special moves like Nightwolf's and Kenshi's reflect, Smoke's shake, and Jade's green glow. Too many full screen armor moves. How does NRS expect characters like Sindel to be successful in this game? I could put together five posts to explain how half-assed some of these zoning characters are. The engine has problems too. Stuff like full screen enhanced attacks with "super armor" should not exist. It is not present in Street Fighter for a reason, NRS. Boxer's EX dash punches can only absorb one hit. That is how armor attacks should function in MK as well. The game is fun, but it is very sloppy in certain aspects. Again, I could write pages on the subject.
Exactly this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so true.

It's funny man, so many matchups like Smoke, Jade, Noob, Kabal, Kenshi, Freddy etc. force me to play more aggressively as Stryker. Funny thing is, lately I've developed a rushdown playstyle with Stryker and I actually have more success with it than my old zoning/counter-zoning playstyle. It's kinda sad that you can't even main a zoner in this game and zone properly. You're forced to adapt to the aggressive nature of the game and play aggro even if your character was primarily designed to be a control character.

Even Sub-Zero has often more success when he starts rushing down people.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana and Ermac prove zoning/keep away works in MK9. Sindel is just shitty.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Kitana and Ermac prove zoning/keep away works in MK9. Sindel is just shitty.
kitana was given safe rush down attacks to go with her zoning and a teleport.. ermacs zoning tools have huge hit boxes to go along with his teleport and fast fireball..

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
kitana was given safe rush down attacks to go with her zoning and a teleport.. ermacs zoning tools have huge hit boxes to go along with his teleport and fast fireball..
To further elaborate on that, If Sindel had an escape tactic like Square Boost, she would be much better at zoning herself. Furthermore, Kitana's D+1, xxCutting Fan is a great GTFO string, and the D+1 clocks in at 6f.

I see what 16 Bit is saying, though. Ermac and Kitana are Zoning Characters that do well they are just given the tools needed to get out of sticky situations, which Sindel lacks.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Vulcan Hades said:
That's so true.

It's funny man, so many matchups like Smoke, Jade, Noob, Kabal, Kenshi, Freddy etc. force me to play more aggressively as Stryker. Funny thing is, lately I've developed a rushdown playstyle with Stryker and I actually have more success with it than my old zoning/counter-zoning playstyle. It's kinda sad that you can't even main a zoner in this game and zone properly. You're forced to adapt to the aggressive nature of the game and play aggro even if your character was primarily designed to be a control character.

Even Sub-Zero has often more success when he starts rushing down people.
The game definitely favors rush down strategies over zoning strategies, but above all it favors versatility. Top tier characters like Kung Lao, Kabal, and Reptile can rush down and zone. That is important because depending on the opponent they have access to tools to adapt to the match up and perform well. What are Stryker, Sindel, and Noob going to do against Raiden? They are one dimensional characters who can only play one way. To be fair to both sides of the gameplay spectrum, Baraka has opposite problems. He has solid offensive strategies, but he has problems getting close. You may as well pick Johnny Cage instead who has even more solid offensive strategies and who can get close a lot easier.

My point is that Stryker, Sindel, and Noob do not work well in the current engine. Their zoning ability would have to be improved, and I can tell you right now NRS is not doing it. NRS dislikes strong zoning characters because the community starts whining when it sees fast fireballs. The other option is to improve their offense, combos, and mix ups which NRS will do, but do not expect much. For example, if Sindel only gets armor on enhanced step up kicks, she will still be a low tier character. If Stryker only gets more armor on enhanced roll, he will still be a low tier character. These zoning characters need more versatility and I am not sure whether NRS will give it to them to make them solid characters.

Edit: Osu, Kitana has the second best damage output in the game. That means something. She also has access to other good non-zoning strategies. And albeit Ermac has his share of problems, a properly spaced TKP is superior to a fireball, depending on the match up, of course.

Past

Noob
NRS dislikes strong zoning characters because the community starts whining when it sees fast fireballs.
If anyone needs proof of this, then look at Kano and his development. Then in the future look at freddy when they nerf his glove toss.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
MK is clearly not meant to be for zoners anyway, why else would normal moves do chip damage? But it doesnt mean that they dont work. Give Ketchup any zoning character and he will show you what to do.

Delriach

Sindelly
I forgot to mention this. I asked Paulo about some Sindel buffs and it doesn't sound like she's getting much. Her glitchy EX fireball thing is being fixed. Her EX scream will come out a lot faster now. Doesn't sound like the normal one has been touched, which is a shame since you'll have to use meter to make the move useful. She currently does not have armor on her cartwheel kick, so it's not exactly clear if she's getting in once the patch actually comes out.

ETA on the patch is anywhere between two weeks and two months.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Past said:
If anyone needs proof of this, then look at Kano and his development. Then in the future look at freddy when they nerf his glove toss.
Correct.

According to NRS, Kano tossing knives is not OK. Kung Lao bullying people in the corner for the entire round is OK.

A F0xy Grampa said:
MK is clearly not meant to be for zoners anyway, why else would normal moves do chip damage?
Honestly, it has nothing to do with chip damage. It has to do with everything that I have mentioned in my previous two posts.