What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

Skedar70

Noob
Whaaaat? Maybe he had this all along and we just didn't know. Cool I will test to see how effective it is. Ohhh and it spreads the garden even more, great.

D. R.

Noob
LOL! Just tested it and it's really so!

12th level intellect tactic guys
I figured more people knew about this. Lol Any character that can put dot damage on the map benefits from this such as Ivy, Fate, and Captain Cold.

This is also why Red Hood's hard to blockables in the corner are so busted. His low mine gets the 50% damage buff along with the MB f3 making his combos do stupid damage. If only Swamp Thing did stupid damage. :(

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I figured more people knew about this. Lol Any character that can put dot damage on the map benefits from this such as Ivy, Fate, and Captain Cold.

This is also why Red Hood's hard to blockables in the corner are so busted. His low mine gets the 50% damage buff along with the MB f3 making his combos do stupid damage. If only Swamp Thing did stupid damage. :(
#AverageDamageUnlessYouWannaThrowAwayAllYourHitAdvantageInThatCaseYouCanGetOnlySlightlyAboveAverageAndLoseAllYourPressureBoys

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
It was in patch notes:
  • Swamp Thing - If Swamp Thing has Abigail's Garden character power active, hitting an opponent with Vine Grab or Green Thumb causes Swamp Thing to gain armor for a short duration
No comments :)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Does the sword have a smaller hitbox than the club? I used to be able to consistently link F233 F2 against big body characters like Darkseid, but with the sword it feels jankier.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Joey is kinda fun.... But man.. scrolling down his combo/move lists and looking at the startup frames is just.. well its very sad, lol. And no, before someone yells at me, Im not switching mains or anything. Just had some time to dork about and spent it fiddling with Swampthing some.. He seems like he has a fun neutral, minus the glacial startup of his shit.

Nice find @CrazyFingers . I'm late to the party (just picked the game back up) and been playing ST exclusively. Activating Abigail's garden mid combo, then meterburn rolling leaves trait on both sides of the opponent preventing jumping/back-forward dashing.

Really useful against jump happy characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Superman/Supergirl (if you can get close enough). Teleport characters still get out of this for free, but are unsafe (Supergirl/Black Manta) & full combo punishable. Depending on if the opponent has a forward advancing string, as ST you can generally hit standing 3 and keep them from advancing forward. It's a 2 hitting (-1 on block) button which builds much needed meter. For those trying to work their way backwards, ST can back dash to keep them within it & threaten with vine grab. Or apply pressure to build more meter/combo.

He's a fun character, but I'll say playing his made my reaction time & blocking a lot better online.

D. R.

Noob
The buffs NRS showcased for Swamp Thing so far look incredible:

• Swamp Thing can hold his bf3 to go nearly fullscreen but it's punishable.
• When trait is active, s3 and db2 have FULL ARMOR
• Log kick is SAFE

Corner meta is going to change slightly to accommodate ST needing to be in trait now however having free armor is sick. Along with some potential frame data changes coming in the patch notes, he seems "viable."

#shittiernomore

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
I listened to the stream again in regards to ST. I hate theory fighting but going off 16 Bit verbiage of how he explained ST trait buffs last time compared to this time, it's basically the same. Bear with me here. Last patch, Swamp Thing gained armor on certain moves on trade as long as trait was active. He didn't have to stand in it for it to proc. 16 Bit used basically the same exact words to describe the new buffs, i.e. "when trait is active." If I'm reading into this right then as long as trait is active rather ST is standing in it or not, he has access to an armored s3 or db2.

That is seriously fucking nuts. What a hell of a buff.