What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

D. R.

Noob
That will work. Its the same way Banes oki in 1 worked. Do any meaty normal cancelled into armor to ghetto OS single hitting wake ups
I assumed it would but I'm trying to lead up to something bigger and possibly better.

Baby steps for people I'm putting this on until I can test it first hand. All I can do is theory fight at the moment. :-/

D. R.

Noob
One more test for now @Wavy if you could. Do the following combo against Firestorm in the corner with him set to Wake Up Fusion Charge:

b232xxdb2(MB), d2xx4, 1xx4, 11xxdf2(3)

After you knock him down, mash s3. Basically I want to know if s3 gets armor from ST stepping into garden with the move versus him already being in it.

Wavy

Block Spammer
b232xxdb2(MB), d2xx4, 1xx4, 11xxdf2(3) = when I do that I'm only getting a small patch and when I do the 3 after green thumb I'm not in the patch. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It leaves firestorm in the patch though.

However if I do b232 db2MB d2 4 11 df2 3 4 (again to cancel growth) standing 3. I get the armor.

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
b232xxdb2(MB), d2xx4, 1xx4, 11xxdf2(3) = when I do that I'm only getting a small patch and when I do the 3 after green thumb I'm not in the patch. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It leaves firestorm in the patch though.

However if I do b232 db2MB d2 4 11 df2 3 4 (again to cancel growth) standing 3. I get the armor.
You did it right. The goal was to see if Swamp Thing could step in trait using s3 and get the armor still. Guess not. Thanks for testing.

... But, one more test. Can you do the first combo here and then mash s3 after the df2(2) to see if maybe the armor will prompt?

Wavy

Block Spammer
I haven't tried it but I don't think it would if you're not standing in trait. My controller is pretty bad atm. Gotta get a new one.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Ok so after labbing the s3 armor for a second I figured it out. It turns out it DOES have armor on frame 1 BUT the trait needs to be out for about a second before you can even use the armor. So the dream of doing f23 trait s3 is dead. Still decent though.
Bummer. Do you know if you'll be able to end corner combos in 11 4 and have the armor available in time for their wakeup?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
One more test for now @Wavy if you could. Do the following combo against Firestorm in the corner with him set to Wake Up Fusion Charge:

b232xxdb2(MB), d2xx4, 1xx4, 11xxdf2(3)

After you knock him down, mash s3. Basically I want to know if s3 gets armor from ST stepping into garden with the move versus him already being in it.
Doesn't work. Not in the patch.
@Wavy Can you replicate this set up but instead of doing a bounce cancel just use db2 while in trait?

https://twitter.com/_acm1013/status/928778208299929601
This does though

D. R.

Noob
http://xboxclips.com/Freerf/07c4eb7f-0043-4ea8-b8e7-eabf185e9138
Don't feel like downloading and uploading it so enjoy the link intead. Like a 2 frame link on smaller characters but way easier on bigger characters.
I get the feeling NRS increased the hitbox on f2. Try this combo if you can and tell us how easy it is for you to hit:

F23xxbf3(MB), f2xxbb(MB), trait, b23, f23xxdf2(2)

I'm mainly concerned with if it's easier to hit f2xxbb(MB) mid juggle or not after bf3(MB) so if anything just test that.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I get the feeling NRS increased the hitbox on f2. Try this combo if you can and tell us how easy it is for you to hit:

I'm mainly concerned with if it's easier to hit f2xxbb(MB) mid juggle or not after bf3(MB) so if anything just test that.
Yea cuz apparently F233, F23 is an easier link now. I'm hyped.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea cuz apparently F233, F23 is an easier link now. I'm hyped.
It is really easy to hit now if they block the first hit and are opened up by the overhead follow ups, which happens more often now due to log being a threat.

F2 bounce cancel is definitely way easier.
And
http://xboxclips.com/Freerf/c25dc6e8-b88c-4258-91ce-40724370766f
Its possible but really hard. Took me like a 100 tries. Make sure you watch till the end.