What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

Could you previously do 233 23 on catwoman? I never could before but with the patch I'm able to do it. It's hard though. I'm not a ST main so maybe it's just me.

Skedar70

Noob
  • Swamp Thing - Refoliation & Trunk Punch (Hard) now have armor when executed while Swamp Thing is standing in Abigail's Garden Character Power
  • Swamp Thing - Refoliation startup is now 16 frames (down from 17), active frames increased to 8 frames (up from 4), 7 less miss recovery frames, 3 less hit / block recovery frames
  • Swamp Thing - Refoliation Meter Burn startup is now 5 frames (down from 12) and has 1 more hit recovery frame
  • Swamp Thing - Log Kick startup is now 20 frames (down from 22) and has 10 less miss / block recovery frames
  • Swamp Thing - Bayou Bash can now be held to increased its range, when then results in longer recovery on block /miss depending on held time up to an additional 7 frames
I knew his log kick was faster. His wake up is faster also. Good maybe flash, robin wonder woman etc wont stuff it so easily now.

• Swamp Thing - Refoliation & Trunk Punch (Hard) now have armor when executed while Swamp Thing is standing in Abigail's Garden Character Power
  • Swamp Thing - Refoliation startup is now 16 frames (down from 17), active frames increased to 8 frames (up from 4), 7 less miss recovery frames, 3 less hit / block recovery frames
  • Swamp Thing - Refoliation Meter Burn startup is now 5 frames (down from 12) and has 1 more hit recovery frame
  • Swamp Thing - Log Kick startup is now 20 frames (down from 22) and has 10 less miss / block recovery frames
  • Swamp Thing - Bayou Bash can now be held to increased its range, when then results in longer recovery on block /miss depending on held time up to an additional 7 frames
I knew his log kick was faster. His wake up is faster also. Good maybe flash, robin wonder woman etc wont stuff it so easily now.
I still feel the mixup is reactable cuz of the mid hit first and then the low tho.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
If you guys can't make it work with this idk what to say..

Still his armor doesn't function properly. (Not surprised with nrs)

If you get trait out and do a log kick point blank on block and you try to go for standing 3 or foliage, for some reason the armor won't come out even though you're clearly standing im the garden..

Nrs gonna nrs

If you guys can't make it work with this idk what to say..

Still his armor doesn't function properly. (Not surprised with nrs)

If you get trait out and do a log kick point blank on block and you try to go for standing 3 or foliage, for some reason the armor won't come out even though you're clearly standing im the garden..

Nrs gonna nrs
They demonstrated that on stream. The only time the armor takes effect is if Vine Grab, EX Clone, Foliage, or Standing 3 connects at the same time. Not preemptive. I'm assuming log kick is only safe, no pushback but still negative. Therefore popping any of the previously mentioned won't connect simultaneously when it's opponent's turn.

(see 4:45 mark on video)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
You can do shit like armoring out of Cyborg's 11(gap)2 with trait out.

I don't think the armor starts up from the beginning for either S3 or DB2. It can't be more then a couple frames and DB2 seems to have it longer but not during the MB portion. But it doesn't have to connect like Vine Grab for the armor to come out.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
You can do shit like armoring out of Cyborg's 11(gap)2 with trait out.

I don't think the armor starts up from the beginning for either S3 or DB2. It can't be more then a couple frames and DB2 seems to have it longer but not during the MB portion. But it doesn't have to connect like Vine Grab for the armor to come out.
Will MB B3 still beat D1-DB2 MB in the corner after a restand? I'm really hoping he'll basically have a Scarecrow style tool, any help would be appreciated.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Omg popping trait and mb roll around then is the funniest/ funnest thing I've done in this game. After the mb roll I back dash to make sure they can't walk back out or if.

It is sooooooooooo funny just watching them all confused as to why they can't jump or dash. And it's also a very good strategy.

They haaaaave to come to you and if they stay back you're guaranteed 15% damage.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Ok so after labbing the s3 armor for a second I figured it out. It turns out it DOES have armor on frame 1 BUT the trait needs to be out for about a second before you can even use the armor. So the dream of doing f23 trait s3 is dead. Still decent though.

Wavy

Block Spammer
From personal experience. However, I'm dealing with a broken controller where Right on dpad double inputs causing dashes. Need new controller. So I haven't been able to grind out much more in matches outside of labbing.

Playing against Batman, Red Hood, and Deadshot feels better generally. I still needed some work w/ starfire and fate but controller issues started happening. Easier to get in although still have to watch at full screen because if you extend bf3 you're left at closer to half distance. And still able to get hit by a 2nd/3rd projectile from time to time. Although this may be an issue on timing on my part. But overall feels much much better to get inside. I didn't have the cumbersome issue of having to hold down, walk, down, walk, down, repeat. Changes a sometimes unbearable matchup to a manageable one. But it feels really comfortable now getting in.

Superman and Catwoman are still going to be a serious problem. At least for me they still are. Does not feel good at all.

Armor in corner is fun to use. I'm sure ya'll will have setups combo --> trait activation-->green thumb 1 restand. I've had people struggle. Double hit s3 broke armors on f3/b3 mb(although sometimes it didn't 2 hit. Might be a timing issue), db2 MB for armored launcher or +6 on block(if they poke at you instantly they'll have enough time to block the 2nd tree MB part) or they were taking chip damage from s3.

bf3 extension has nice potential at mid-farish range combo. At full screen you get in about a little closer than half distance. Enough where a jump 2 can hit or regular bf3 to get in closer. Extension can be fully punished but against someone who is trying to keep their distance you can almost certain get a hit for combo from front time to time.

Log buff is a gem. I personally love it. Able to block 6f d1 right after. Feels good.