What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
you can avoid getting hit by it??? :eek:
lolol yes that move's range is kinda easy to predict, has like 900000001 frames of startup and recovery, and you can throw out iaf to discourage that move and only a desperate Sonya or getting a messed up input will bring that move out.

I hate Sonya I really do so I decided to both be as lame as she is and not engage in her stupid shenanigans. Don't give her the time of day if you can afford it. That's what Sub does to Cage why can't we do it to Sonya?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
lolol yes that move's range is kinda easy to predict, has like 900000001 frames of startup and recovery, and you can throw out iaf to discourage that move and only a desperate Sonya or getting a messed up input will bring that move out.

I hate Sonya I really do so I decided to both be as lame as she is and not engage in her stupid shenanigans. Don't give her the time of day if you can afford it. That's what Sub does to Cage why can't we do it to Sonya?
I agree, but Sonya is better at laming Kitana out than the other way around. Her rings are better than fans.

GuamoKun

I agree, but Sonya is better at laming Kitana out than the other way around. Her rings are better than fans.
You seem to not get what I'm saying.

NEUTRAL DUCK THE WHOLE MATCH FROM FULLSCREEN.
DO NOT APPROACH SONYA
YOU CAN CAPITALIZE ON DAMAGE BETTER THAN HER

I'm not saying iAF the whole match I'm saying to literally play as if you're a Sub-Zero in a Sub-Zero mirror.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

DO NOT APPROACH SONYA

I'm not saying iAF the whole match I'm saying to literally play as if you're a Sub-Zero in a Sub-Zero mirror.
No, I understand what you're saying and I'm explaining to you that you're wrong.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Matchup numbers are irrelevant. X player using Y character to win Z tournament matters.

Anyone picking up the game at this stage will look at threads like this, pick up kabal or kenshi and make do with that, if they cant win they will probably just go cry to Tekken Tag 2 or something instead of coming here for a juicy argument.
Not exactly, bc they could use kabal in the entire tournament....and then win the last match with kano. Doesn't make kano top tier.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What?
No armor
Slow strings
Punishable projectiles
Big hitbox

just get outaa here lol
10 frames isn't slow.

great AAs
plenty of gimmicks
gdlk footsies
semi-viable mix-ups

the majority of projectiles are punishable, so that point isn't really valid. big hitbox doesn't stop kenshi from being the second best character in the game, and freddy sure doesn't give a fuck either.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
10 frames isn't slow.

great AAs
plenty of gimmicks
gdlk footsies
semi-viable mix-ups

the majority of projectiles are punishable, so that point isn't really valid. big hitbox doesn't stop kenshi from being the second best character in the game, and freddy sure doesn't give a fuck either.
Still going to be free to Kung Lao bro, either way, the characters you mention both have fast recovering projectiles, Noob Saibot doesn't and there is also the armor kenshi uses to escape frametraps, Noob Saibot can't do this.

Noob Saibot has a lof of gimmicks, you said it "Gimmicks" it can be easely escapable when someone knows exactly what you're doing, and against someone with good mobility, like Kung lao, Kabal, or Skarlet gdlk footsies becomes hard to use when these characters can simply get in and shut down space, use dumb blockstrings on his big ass hitbox and remain unpunishable not only because noob mids are all SLOW but also because he can't escape frame traps by armoring out of it.

Not to mention he can't deal regular damage midscreen unless you hit someone with the gimmick reset.

Reactions: RYX

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

DO NOT APPROACH SONYA

Do you go to majors? Sounds like a lot of theoryfighting and I don't recognize your name. No disrespect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GuamoKun

Do you go to majors? Sounds like a lot of theoryfighting and I don't recognize your name. No disrespect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Only Anaheim but I do go to EGP a lot. I try to not really call people out or make a spectacle of myself but....

Yes it sounds like a lot of theory fighting but it does work I know its weird trying something so outlandish but this is something I find that works more or less.

People give m2dave a lot of crap for not being open minded about different styles of playing or playing matchups differently so I'm taking everyone's advice I don't see why its such a weird thing.

SZSR

Noob
Why is everyone so loopy about tier lists and how characters are perceived? You guys take this shit waaay too seriously. Tier lists don't help anything, like, they're pretty much pointless. I honestly don't see this in any other game but MK9. This meaning all the top players going crazy over this petty non-sense.
Isn't this the same thing with what happened with Adon in Street Fighter IV? America seemed to acknowledge the tiers of SFIV but the east paid no attention to it and Adon rose with some talented and dedicated players.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Sonya has F+4.. safe on block and guarantees a safe jump on hit. It hits overhead, so it punishes opponents who are committing to crouch/crouch block so they can blow up her strings. She has options and counters to you counters. actually, im making a vid now.
Please, DO IT.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Isn't this the same thing with what happened with Adon in Street Fighter IV? America seemed to acknowledge the tiers of SFIV but the east paid no attention to it and Adon rose with some talented and dedicated players.
Indeed. Tier lists make you underestimate characters and some match-ups. When you're too focused on the numbers, they start to rule how you play the game. You didn't lose because the opponent was actually better, you lost because it was a bad match-up. Yeah, he won, but it was a 3-7 match-up so oh well. It just creates another obstacle that prevents you from improving. Instead of, "yeah, I need to work on this match-up", people say, "the match-up is 3-7 so it is what it is".

This is one of the reasons I think REO is so successful. It's hard to use him as an example since he's naturally talented in MK, but he doesn't have to worry about match-up numbers. When you factor that in with his playing to win mentality, it's no wonder his tournament record is so impressive.