What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

First, let me start off by giving props to REO and m2dave for putting the current list together. I believe this list is 98% accurate.

the only issues I have are sonya, kung lao, liu kang, mileena, nightwolf, and shang. the reasons why these characters are where they are are because of MU's that they lose. LBSH.. if it were a fact that we accurately know EVERY mu score then we wouldnt need this grouping tier list, we would have an accurate mu chart and let the numbers decide. The fact is that we dont know every mu accurately yet, so we use this group system. with that being said, there is no way to decide that a character like Liu Kang is not is A+ but better then characters in A, yet still in A. ESPECIALLY when he is considered on par with all of the characters in the A+ tier by most of the community.

My version of the tier list looks like this..

S+:
Kabal

S:
Characters that stand out above the others - Kenshi, Sonya. Other characters that are in this tier - Kung Lao, Cyrax, Freddy

A+:
H Cyrax, JAX, Cage, Kitana, Reptile, Smoke, Liu Kang, Skarlet

A:
Characters that stand out above the others - Raiden, Shang Tsung. Other characters in this tier - Ermac, Rain, Sektor, Mileena

B:
Characters that stand out above the others - Sub-Zero. Other characters in this tier - Sindel, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero.

C:
Characters that stand out above the others - Nightwolf, Jade. Other characters in this tier - Baraka, Stryker

D:
Characters that stand out - Sheeva. Others in the tier - Kano

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
That is defiantly the most accurate I have seen so far.

The only thing interests me is the TOP THREE, everything else is neither here nor there.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
That is defiantly the most accurate I have seen so far.

The only thing interests me is the TOP THREE, everything else is neither here nor there.
What's wrong with the top 3? Kabal is definitely where he needs to be lol. You think Sonya or Kenshi do not deserve those spots?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i dont think sonya should be there , kung lao has to have dat spot , sonya is a great character just dont think shes top three

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think skarlet has only 2-4 bad MU.

Potential bad MU are:
1)Kabal for sure
2)Cyrax (maybe)
3)Freddy (maybe)
4)Lao (maybe but probably even in fact i think she may beat him)

That said...I think she beats or goes even with every character you have in A+ and below. Not sure if that affects her placing at all but over all this chart is pretty solid.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
KL is for sure top 3....

in a game where everyone has a high hit box or low hat is +20 on hit again.
i wont even pretend to say i know more or have played better players than u , i just see holes in her gameplay , her low hitbox is an advantage tho:) maybe im just salty at kung lao

I also want to add that right now, smoke suffers from early cyrax syndrome..

there was a time where people downplayed cyrax.. "dude.. he is BARELY mid tier and thats with the resets.. he loses like 14 matches.. he is BARELY viable". obviously we see past that now. in time i believe smoke will find his way to S, and we'll laugh that he was ever considered lower.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

there was a time where people downplayed cyrax.. "dude.. he is BARELY mid tier and thats with the resets.. he loses like 14 matches.. he is BARELY viable". obviously we see past that now. in time i believe smoke will find his way to S, and we'll laugh that he was ever considered lower.
I think you might be right...but fast advancing specials and very mobile characters still give him trouble. Cyrax has always been fucked up though.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

I think he is going to stay where he is at. Awesome character, but the lack of armor with no type of move that occupies space on the screen for the other character to respect is probably what is holding him back from being top tier.

Any character that possesses the ability to one shot you should never be overlooked. I'm shock and appalled that it took the community this long to accept that Smoke and Cyrax have their place at the top of the food chain.

NKZero

Noob
I believe Lao is a bigger problem than Sonya. But I still think it's Kabal in a tier of his own, then Kenshi separated from the other S tier characters in the same tier. Kenshi is still better than Lao or Sonya. Then I would group Lao, Sonya, Freddy and Cyrax together.

Also I will argue this forever, but Raiden is top 10 and should be in A+ tier.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
My other question would be: is Cyber Sub tournament viable? I can't help but notice that every other B-tier character has at least one top player using him/her for tournament play. I'd argue that, if not, Cyber Sub should move back down to C.

Death

Noob
Kabal, kenshi, kl, cyrax are top 4. Sonya 5th or Freddy. I do think cyrax is better than Sonya. Sonya 3 losing mus are vs top 5 characters (kabal, kenshi,Freddy). That hurts her IMO

zaf

professor
I like this tier list.
All of the newest tier lists are shaping up to look similar to this.
I think we are all aware of who goes where now

REO

Undead
No, I am not going to move Liu Kang up just because MIT beat Perfect Legend with him. I am also not going to move Cyrax to "auto-top three" just because Maxter was raping players left and right with him at Dallas.

You guys need to stop with this flavor of the month shit. If Perfect Legend wins NEC, everyone is going to go back to saying "yeah KL is top 3", etc. While some of the match-up specific numbers aren't set in stone, they are still there in varying amounts which is why certain characters have been agreed to be where they are.