What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

MITDJT
If you're going to prove that Liu Kang can go even with Kabal, please treat REO's Kabal as a great challenge and a true threat; don't expect to have things come easy and have REO be all shocked and dumbfounded at Liu's true potential. That isn't how shit works around here, do not overestimate how you might perform against him.

Reactions: RYX

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You forget freddy doesn't have a low fb as fast as lius, nor a iafb, nor the footsies tools liu has or the safe normals and long reaching normals of liu.
Freddy does not have a low fireball? Well, you are right. He has something a lot better. Spikes. Kang's low fireball has more recovery frames than the high fireball which allows the Kabal player to EX dash punish you on reaction. Spikes come out of the ground "instantly" at three different locations on the screen which means the Kabal player has to settle for EX dash rather than react. Kang's keep away game is not even half as good as Freddy's is.

Kang obviously has superior footsies and offense. But Kabal has cheap ass 2 xx NDC on big hitbox characters. Being in his face does not translate to a large advantage.

The only character that could go even or beat Kabal is a great zoning character with a low hitbox. But such character does not exist in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
GGA 16 Bit
REO
Tom Brady when deciding tier list numbers when does the character's tools end and the player's skills begin
Tiers don't factor in player skill at all. Match-up charts and tiers and made with the assumption that both characters are being played perfectly. Such as, two perfect robots are playing the characters perfectly. That's why you can't relay on tier lists/match-ups charts. Any character can win at any given time, because of the player using that character.. Precisely because the player factor isn't factored in.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I know u won't go and I know ur mostly talk and backstab those who help u

I'm just alerting everyone u act like u r going but definitely won't
First off you don't know because you obviously don't see me much on here, second of all I don't mean half the shit talk that I say towards others. Its just a little thing I do for fun and third of all WTF are you talking about backstabbing people? Who did I back stabb? Are you seriously mad about that one thing I said on that podcast during the summer? Like I said it slipped out and I didn't mean it. FYI your sponsors aren't going to be on your ass watching a stream and then believing half the troll monsters in their because if thats the case then you wouldn't have a sponsor as it is. If your still mad about what I said then you seriously got some problems. And if you think the whole community is here to shit on you its because your an asshole.

MITDJT
If you're going to prove that Liu Kang can go even with Kabal, please treat REO's Kabal as a great challenge and a true threat; don't expect to have things come easy and have REO be all shocked and dumbfounded at Liu's true potential. That isn't how shit works around here, do not overestimate how you might perform against him.
what is your ass talking about? LMAO pls just stop talking completely. I dnt underestimate anyone or overestimate how i'm going to do, i just go out and do my work like always. When did i say things will come easy? lmao putting words in my mouth. I really hate when ppl do that, very disrespectful and unnecessary. I can't even believe you just said what you said LMAO, your making me laugh bruh, just stop it. I respect REO alot and think he is a great player, why would i will beat him easy? LMAO.

what is your ass talking about? LMAO pls just stop talking completely. I dnt underestimate anyone or overestimate how i'm going to do, i just go out and do my work like always. When did i say things will come easy? lmao putting words in my mouth. I really hate when ppl do that, very disrespectful and unnecessary. I can't even believe you just said what you said LMAO, your making me laugh bruh, just stop it. I respect REO alot and think he is a great player, why would i will beat him easy? LMAO.
Your attitude towards him gave me that impression.

Oh, all is good then, I suppose.

Freddy does not have a low fireball? Well, you are right. He has something a lot better. Spikes. Kang's low fireball has more recovery frames than the high fireball which allows the Kabal player to EX dash punish you on reaction. Spikes come out of the ground "instantly" at three different locations on the screen which means the Kabal player has to settle for EX dash rather than react. Kang's keep away game is not even half as good as Freddy's is.

Kang obviously has superior footsies and offense. But Kabal has cheap ass 2 xx NDC on big hitbox characters. Being in his face does not translate to a large advantage.

The only character that could go even or beat Kabal is a great zoning character with a low hitbox. But such character does not exist in the game.
I will prove my point in good time, and 2ndc only works for a short time as proven by Doctrinedark's video. Freddy's spike are very good without a doubt though. Freddy could be a real problem for kabal as well, game only been out for one and a half years, that isn't long.

Your attitude towards him gave me that impression.

Oh, all is good then, I suppose.
yep i'm not calling him bad or an easy win, if it sounded that way then that is just me hyping things up bruh, been doing this since pre-mlg anaheim, i'm a hype man haha. Also no offense taken bruh, i thought you actually meant i was underestimating him, but you just misunderstood what i said, all is good then.

Espio

Kokomo
Actually, GuamoKun is right. This is almost exactly how I fight Sonya. Ask Death about our matches. I don't approach Sonya AT ALL unless she DOESNT have meter. All I do is create space with iafs and dashing back and forth so I can't get hit by d4. I duck her rings everytime. If he jumps, he gets AA'd. Zoning alone is not gonna get a win against high leveled sonya And neither is rushing. Its all about spacing, timing and patience. That's also how CD fights Sonya as well.

Are there any recorded matches of you guys running this match up? I'd love to check it out if so, I feel I could learn a lot from them.

I do agree with this assessment though, makes perfect sense to me.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Are there any recorded matches of you guys running this match up? I'd love to check it out if so, I feel I could learn a lot from them.

I do agree with this assessment though, makes perfect sense to me.
No :( only matches of me and death are from way back lol, And he mainly used sub.

GamerBlake90 and I will be recording a set very soon tho. Should be epic. And I'm sure someone will stream/record some kind of match between me and a Sonya player at NEC

Dizz_88

Noob
Good tier list tom brady, i agree(except i think sonya is better than cyrax)... i think its better than reo's list

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tiers don't factor in player skill at all. Match-up charts and tiers and made with the assumption that both characters are being played perfectly. Such as, two perfect robots are playing the characters perfectly. That's why you can't relay on tier lists/match-ups charts. Any character can win at any given time, because of the player using that character.. Precisely because the player factor isn't factored in.
This makes sense

I need to back to my original statements I stood sonstrongly by hen I said tier list discussions are dumb and a waste
Huge waste of time

I never think about MU numbers anymore. they nerfed sub-zero to the bottom 11 characters, more then any other character, and i still place top consistently. If they nerfed him to the worst character in MK history.. i'd still place top. Too many people blame the MU.. How to you over come the odds? MAKE FUCKING READS! people want shit handed to them. They want to fight every match taking no risk with maximum reward.

Pig Of The Hut

First off you don't know because you obviously don't see me much on here, second of all I don't mean half the shit talk that I say towards others. Its just a little thing I do for fun and third of all WTF are you talking about backstabbing people? Who did I back stabb? Are you seriously mad about that one thing I said on that podcast during the summer? Like I said it slipped out and I didn't mean it. FYI your sponsors aren't going to be on your ass watching a stream and then believing half the troll monsters in their because if thats the case then you wouldn't have a sponsor as it is. If your still mad about what I said then you seriously got some problems. And if you think the whole community is here to shit on you its because your an asshole.
I don't like little kids who say things as a means for attention

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I don't like little kids who say things as a means for attention
If you are talking about my joking around and blowing up people just for fun as trying to grab attention then your wrong. Notice how I said joking. The whole community knows I just mess around I'm not serious when I say people are free. You still didn't answer my question, please tell me who I backstabbed? Pretty damn sure that nobody except for you has a problem with me.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Only Anaheim but I do go to EGP a lot. I try to not really call people out or make a spectacle of myself but....

Yes it sounds like a lot of theory fighting but it does work I know its weird trying something so outlandish but this is something I find that works more or less.

People give m2dave a lot of crap for not being open minded about different styles of playing or playing matchups differently so I'm taking everyone's advice I don't see why its such a weird thing.
I meant it when I said no disrespect. I just didn't know if you had any experience playing high level players, that's all. If not, you would've been no better than what I've said about Skarlet in the past - even if you're correct, it's just throwing random shit out there without much to back it up :) rev0lver

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I meant it when I said no disrespect. I just didn't know if you had any experience playing high level players, that's all. If not, you would've been no better than what I've said about Skarlet in the past - even if you're correct, it's just throwing random shit out there without much to back it up :) rev0lver
No I get what you're saying I mean you don't hear me say everyday "I play with Tyrant/Xblades/whoever" when I talk since I'm not a fan of name tossing. I never take anything as disrespect because I really don't h e a legacy for myself to defend.

I mean in this case this stems from a lack of understanding but as xKhaoTikx said about my approach in the Sonya MU, it's on the right track.

If we deliberately limit ourselves matchups become skewed. This game is still vastly unexplored.

And rev0lver stop being an e-bully

Pig Of The Hut

If you are talking about my joking around and blowing up people just for fun as trying to grab attention then your wrong. Notice how I said joking. The whole community knows I just mess around I'm not serious when I say people are free. You still didn't answer my question, please tell me who I backstabbed? Pretty damn sure that nobody except for you has a problem with me.
You backstabbed me when all I have done is help you in this community and support you then you go on a stream and said "pig rigged this"

After you tried to lie your way out of a loss against Solid