What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sonya has no offense? Let's not forget about Throws in general, she has two types that fall into her spacing game.

Throws are very underrated. I swear 16Bit and REO are the two players that SPAM that 12% cheap move like no tomorrow. How many players actually escape Throws in tournament settings on reaction because they are afraid of getting poked for advantage so they hold block? If I remember correctly CD Jr was the only one I noticed that escaped Grab attempts quite often.

If your offense hits high which gets ducked, if your frames are slow.. go for a Throw if your opponent is blocking and waiting to counterpoke.

Universal 10f move for every character.

REO

Undead
LMAO, dude i'm telling you right now that you aren't rdy for what my liu brings to the table in that mu. 5-5, and I'll prove it too. I dnt need no MM to prove anything, we can run a ft10 match, long set to prove my point. You dnt even use liu kang in tournament lol, i've been using him for ages and you dnt understand him like i do, so stop with this stuff you saying about liu bcuz you aren't right. How you going to tell me liu isn't top 10 when you nvr even use him/ dnt even understand him at the highest lvl? that's like me saying i understand kabal better than you LMAO, and we all know that isn't true. 5-5, i'm done with this bs and downplay, stop with the theories. Too bad i won't be at NEC, i would've been showing you up for sure and changing your mind, you best not underestimate me with liu, it is a mistake I will gladly take advantage of. Also, mygod did very well vs you at dallas, showing how tough liu is for kabal. Liu only has like what, 5 bad mus maybe, maybe less so dnt act like he isn't top 10. I'm done with the downplay, i know what he can do and you dnt.
Hold up, let me get this straight. You're saying I'm not ready for a particular match-up, and then aren't gonna go through with a money match? It's hard to take you serious at this point. I'm sorry, but casuals don't mean shit in the end. A first to ten with nothing on the line is going to make me fall asleep if anything, and that is not an accurate way to determine a match-up anyway. Also there's a difference between "down-playing" and being realistic. I think the beating you gave PL has went to your head.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is one of the reasons I think REO is so successful. It's hard to use him as an example since he's naturally talented in MK, but he doesn't have to worry about match-up numbers. When you factor that in with his playing to win mentality, it's no wonder his tournament record is so impressive.
He kind of stated that the reason he doesn't have to worry about the MU numbers, is that he chose to play a character that has basically no bad matchups, so he wouldn't have to deal with that like other people ;)

But, that doesn't detract from the fact that he's an amazingly talented (and highly dedicated) player by any stretch.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
A bit late to the party, but I definitely feel the need to address one post specifically:

I do not believe this. People have said at several points throughout the course of the game that Cage was figured out and there will never be anything new with Cage. I never believed them and it couldn't have been further from the truth.

Maybe the gimmick well will start to run dry for Liu Kang, but there is no way he is "at his full potential". No one so far is playing any character so far in MK9 at their fullest potential. That is why tier lists change. Not just because of "flavor of the month" but people actually showcase previously untapped potential for their characters.
Well, there is his stuff people have been figuring out like you can combo off his parry in the corner, so I see what your talking about. I just think Liu Kang is one of the more basic characters you know what I mean, I don't think there is as much to find with him

Hold up, let me get this straight. You're saying I'm not ready for a particular match-up, and then aren't gonna go through with a money match? It's hard to take you serious at this point. I'm sorry, but casuals don't mean shit in the end. A first to ten with nothing on the line is going to make me fall asleep if anything, and that is not an accurate way to determine a match-up anyway. Also there's a difference between "down-playing" and being realistic. I think the beating you gave PL has went to your head.
went to my head? LMAO shut up with all that and i'm being real about that, when have you ever used liu in tournament? NEVER and what region do ppl say the most high lvl lius come from? MY REGION. also i already told your ass that i won't be at NEC, and plus a ft3/ft5 match isn't good enough and i know there'll be excuses for the loser so that isn't working. If you not willing to run a long set with me, money or not, than you just throwing words out and not willing to back your talk up. I dnt care for what you think of liu LMAO, u dnt even know him like i do. Who do you think ppl will ask when they want to know something about liu, you or me? ME. I still dnt know how beating PL leads to me just saying random stuff, i've been thinking this for a while now that liu can handle kabal very well. IDGAF about the bias you have on liu kang, do you even play high lvl liu kangs on the regular? NO. Keep up the downplaying, won't stop me from doing what i'm going to do with liu kang and other liu kangs doing what they got to do. You aren't rdy for this mu, and i already know you aren't bcuz you aren't prepared for liu at the highest lvl. You 3-0'd mygod, but it wasn't like u beat him easily or the matches weren't close. Me and my bro would play your kabal with liu to prove my point if we must, you keep saying "oh liu isn't this" and "oh he is that" and etc., yet u dnt play the char, know him as well as me, or play a liu kang regularly at home. You can say this and that, won't change my mind. You should know that underestimating ppl or characters doesn't go well. We can go at each other all day, but that won't change a thing about our opinions. So you can just respectively agree to disagree with me and call it like that, because i'm not changing your mind and your not changing mines, simple as that and dnt worry, i'll get my chance to play you.

MITDJT so, just so we're clear, you're up for a $100 ft10 MM against REO?
nah, he says "Oh a ft10 won't prove anything" which means if i win then excuses will be made. So I'll just wait until I get to play him in tournament, or he excepts something like a ft50. I probably won't be able to change his mind even if i beat him, but i will be able to change the mind of others. Like i keep telling him and others, just wait until I get a chance to play him and all will be enlightened.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
nah, he says "Oh a ft10 won't prove anything" which means if i win then excuses will be made. So I'll just wait until I get to play him in tournament, or he excepts something like a ft50. I probably won't be able to change his mind even if i beat him, but i will be able to change the mind of others. Like i keep telling him and others, just wait until I get a chance to play him and all will be enlightened.
I don't think anybody is going to want to watch or play a first to 50 lol
Just sayin

I don't think anybody is going to want to watch or play a first to 50 lol
Just sayin
lol i know haha, but I'm willing to play him to prove how good liu actually does vs kabal, some agree it is even, while others say not at all. But ppl need to remember, this game isn't going anywhere anytime soon, we dnt know the true potential of every character yet at all, just like dizzy said, no one is playing their char at the highest possible lvl bcuz this game hasn't even been out for 2 years.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
No, I understand what you're saying and I'm explaining to you that you're wrong.
Actually, GuamoKun is right. This is almost exactly how I fight Sonya. Ask Death about our matches. I don't approach Sonya AT ALL unless she DOESNT have meter. All I do is create space with iafs and dashing back and forth so I can't get hit by d4. I duck her rings everytime. If he jumps, he gets AA'd. Zoning alone is not gonna get a win against high leveled sonya And neither is rushing. Its all about spacing, timing and patience. That's also how CD fights Sonya as well.

REO

Undead
MITDJT, top players on the east coast do not main Liu Kang because they actually would like to have a shot at winning a major. If Freddy cannot keep Kabal out, what in the world makes you think Liu Kang can? I am becoming less convinced the more you display your reasons on the match-up. And I don't have to main a character to know their strengths and weaknesses, get off your high horse.

I'll play you in ten first to tens for a $100 at the next major you can make that I will be at. Since you want to play in a fashion that will accurately determine a match-up score, we're doing it like this. One first to ten is not enough. Take it or leave it. I demand it be streamed so everyone can watch Liu Kang get put in his place harder than he has in story mode.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
MITDJT, top players on the east coast do not main Liu Kang because they actually would like to have a shot at winning a major. If Freddy cannot keep Kabal out, what in the world makes you think Liu Kang can? I am becoming less convinced the more you display your reasons on the match-up. And I don't have to main a character to know their strengths and weaknesses, get off your high horse.

I'll play you in ten first to tens for a $100 at the next major you can make that I will be at. Since you want to play in a fashion that will accurately determine a match-up score, we're doing it like this. One first to ten is not enough. Take it or leave it. I demand it be streamed so everyone can watch Liu Kang get put in his place harder than he has in story mode.
What did you say kang and kabal was ? 3-7?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
lol i know haha, but I'm willing to play him to prove how good liu actually does vs kabal, some agree it is even, while others say not at all. But ppl need to remember, this game isn't going anywhere anytime soon, we dnt know the true potential of every character yet at all, just like dizzy said, no one is playing their char at the highest possible lvl bcuz this game hasn't even been out for 2 years.
I think the point is that it isn't Liu doing well vs Kabal it's MIT doing well vs Kabal with Liu. See what I'm saying?

lmao so you want to talk trash and hype things stuff? something that I'm very used to and don't mind doing. I'll decide what the money will be, but trust me it will be no less than 50 for sure. I'll run a 10 ft10s without a doubt. Also all the things i'm saying are quite effective in proving my point. No one on the EC plays liu bcuz they either dnt know how to play him at a high lvl or are following the crowd that thinks he is average. I'm on no high horse, everyone knows i know liu better than you, let's keep it real bruh. If we were talking about kabal, obviously what you say would hold way more weight than what i say. You forget freddy doesn't have a low fb as fast as lius, nor a iafb, nor the footsies tools liu has or the safe normals and long reaching normals of liu. Liu can win a major, but if not by himself then it'd only take one back up, and getting top 8 going all liu/ mostly liu has happened already. I got something to end this off with, "LORD MALOC shall be unleashed upon you, and be rdy for HARA KIRI and 2 wannnnn haha". I got nothing against you REO, but i have something against what you think of liu kang. Prepared to be enlightened in the ways of the shaolin.

I think the point is that it isn't Liu doing well vs Kabal it's MIT doing well vs Kabal with Liu. See what I'm saying?
i believe it is the player and the tools liu posseses. I dnt know if you saw my thread, but i explained in depth the things that liu has to annoy kabal and make it a problem for him doing the things he likes to do. I'm not going to go away from my opinion, as i'm not the only one who thinks liu goes even with kabal. People are split on whether or not he goes 5-5 with him.

Not starting a debate in any way but im curious if you feel kenshi is 3-7 or 4-6? I feel he has far more tools in this MU than the best kang in the world and they both have the same negatives
uncle bernie, get this kenshi nonsense out of here lmao jk, but i believe kenshi kabal is 6 4 at the highest lvl, i'm on board with you.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Excuse me? I wasn't talking to you and you don't know shit so shut up. Don't start this stupid shit.
I know u won't go and I know ur mostly talk and backstab those who help u

I'm just alerting everyone u act like u r going but definitely won't