What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

Death

Noob
Should make a thread in the Sonya forum I want this character exposed. Can you also just jump out of her MS stuff on block?
You can always jump out of msf1. 312 and f22 strings you can't jump out. The sweep as the low option will always connect. But if you character has armour, X-ray, reptile dash, kl spin then you can use those moves for free vs Sonya in block strings to ms.

Anyone know if sektor can use his 1 since its 6 frames?

You can always jump out of msf1. 312 and f22 strings you can't jump out. The sweep as the low option will always connect. But if you character has armour, X-ray, reptile dash, kl spin then you can use those moves for free vs Sonya in block strings to ms.

Anyone know if sektor can use his 1 since its 6 frames?
Okay so a d4 MS cancel on block leaves a moment where you can jump out of so long as she does anything but dash cancel 312/f22 or the sweep?

Death

Noob
so d4 military stance really is the only thing she has that can start offense safely? ofcourse she has ex cartwheel but without meter she is pretty fucked, the dive kick is a fast and dangerous move but is also risky.

edit: and kl can interrupt that d4 ms on block, so shout outs to people saying Kl loses to sonya 6-4. I said it was 5-5 but it might even be in KL favor.
Deep jump kicks and d4 gets her in. Obviously good tools. But once she's in she relies on jumping and cross ups with the threat of dive kick. But dk very punishable. She can't pressure with her strings at all.

KL Sonya is even. He can spin her out if her strings. spin for free in ms block strings. he builds meter vs her very well too. Kl standing 2 works vs her as well among other things

Deep jump kicks and d4 gets her in. Obviously good tools. But once she's in she relies on jumping and cross ups with the threat of dive kick. But dk very punishable. She can't pressure with her strings at all.

KL Sonya is even. He can spin her out if her strings and his standing 2 works vs her as well among other things
she cant jumpin kick on kung lao because of spin, and the jumpin kick is a bigger threat to sonya than kung lao because she relies so much on d4, which gets beats by jumpkick. Also people keep repeating how sonya hitbox is low and stuff, that is BS, her hitbox connects decent on teleport 3, you just cant abuse it like against kenshi. and also standing 2 always connects on her crouch block , so whats so low about her hitbox?

Death

Noob
she cant jumpin kick on kung lao because of spin, and the jumpin kick is a bigger threat to sonya than kung lao because she relies so much on d4, which gets beats by jumpkick. Also people keep repeating how sonya hitbox is low and stuff, that is BS, her hitbox connects decent on teleport 3, you just cant abuse it like against kenshi. and also standing 2 always connects on her crouch block , so whats so low about her hitbox?
It's not low at all. She just has a fast uppercut which helps her out. But I agree. KL/Sonya is even

LaR

Noob
so d4 military stance really is the only thing she has that can start offense safely? ofcourse she has ex cartwheel but without meter she is pretty fucked, the dive kick is a fast and dangerous move but is also risky.

edit: and kl can interrupt that d4 ms on block, so shout outs to people saying Kl loses to sonya 6-4. I said it was 5-5 but it might even be in KL favor.
d4 msf1 isnt guaranteed??. Never new that.

Death

Noob
d4 msf1 isnt guaranteed??. Never new that.
It is. If you try and jump the msf1 will hit and Sonya can hit confirm cartwheel for a combo ending in 112~MS.

The shit that isn't guaranteed is d4 ms dash d4 ms or d4 ms dash f4. Those are just tricks ppl fall for lol

Reactions: LaR
It is. If you try and jump the msf1 will hit and Sonya can hit confirm cartwheel for a combo ending in 112~MS.

The shit that isn't guaranteed is d4 ms dash d4 ms or d4 ms dash f4. Those are just tricks ppl fall for lol
Is d4 ms f1 guaranteed on block as well?

Justice

Noob
I can't believe that Sonya is being downplayed so bad in the same thread where those same people are bitching about how tuff she is.

First off, learn your match ups. EX Kartwheel can be low-poked out of, even during armor by pokes that travel on the ground. The AI does this to me constantly. One day when Aidan was over, he was showing me some MU stuff with KL and we found that the only low poke Sonya has that gets blown up by Spin is D4. So when I say that Sonya edges out KL for 3rd place, I mean exactly that.

Now, about Riu's vid. The biggest tragedy about that vid is that it made Sonya players afraid to use strings at all. Sonya has arguably the best footsies in the game to set up favorable conditions for her strings where the opponent is forced to block or worse on a bad read. And let's be real here; the timing for walking out of Sonya's gaps isn't large. Her fists are moving fast enough that unless you are well practiced in doing so, it's a significant risk to try it on reaction. Just like how Sonya can F4 over Low hat but you never see it tournament because the timing is risky.

I have always felt that the purpose of tier lists was to give players an indication of how hard their evening is going to be compared to their own character. Nothing more, nothing less. In that respect, tier lists allow for player skill in that the character itself might be ass but lack of MU knowledge and a skilled player can most certainly make a character look better than they are.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
TF Charlie

I might create a thread explaining my design of kenshi

Ur sort of right but I should explain fully why I do something that I do

#1 thing I hear is my mismanagement of meter of no full AA punishes

I'll point out my meter building method and my way of raping my opponent of their meter/health

There's an elevated science to how I approach a MU w him and for those who disagree w it I ask they main kenshi and do what I do at a major

Sonya has F+4.. safe on block and guarantees a safe jump on hit. It hits overhead, so it punishes opponents who are committing to crouch/crouch block so they can blow up her strings. She has options and counters to you counters. actually, im making a vid now.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sonya has F+4.. safe on block and guarantees a safe jump on hit. It hits overhead, so it punishes opponents who are committing to crouch/crouch block so they can blow up her strings. She has options and counters to you counters. actually, im making a vid now.
^^^ I was just going to say this damnit. A lot of Sonya players are using the F4 a ton when I am playing them with Cage now and trying to poke or reverse the pressure game. She definitely still has options here to keep her opponents from reading/punishing her strings.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
lol why does this need a video.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Oops, sorry I missed 8 to 16 pages. Well... you still talking about Sonya so this is fine actually..

Btw, I have a stupid question. What X list represents the balanced characters ? A list ?

Death

Noob
I don't even remember the last time my f4 has hit or when I was hit by it. It's hella slow and there is no reason for the opponent to block low in open space or even in block strings. There's no way f4 will hit in a block string

Justice

Noob
Most underrated tool ever.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Sonya.........does have dirty stuff yes but you know whats fun? Getting a 1% life lead with Kitana...

....and then just backing up, neutral duck rings, ass away when she's near you so that d4 and even arc kick whiffs....

....and lo and behold you win by timeout.

Sonya is annoying yes but please people, at least attempt to be more imaginative in how you play, you might be surprised at how certain things in certain matchups work well.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Sonya.........does have dirty stuff yes but you know whats fun? Getting a 1% life lead with Kitana...

....and then just backing up, neutral duck rings, ass away when she's near you so that d4 and even arc kick whiffs....

....and lo and behold you win by timeout.

Sonya is annoying yes but please people, at least attempt to be more imaginative in how you play, you might be surprised at how certain things in certain matchups work well.
They just do arc kick at the last second for 2% chip and win. 6-4 Sonya