What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
We'll do it tonight when my bf passes out :) ill text you maybe around 11pm?? Midnight.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Yay, time to glow :). Yeah, just text me and I'll hop on, I don't have to get up too early for school tomorrow :D. My Stryker is hella rusty, I've been playing mostly Jade and Kitana for some reason, Jade main till the gauntlet is over (first time Stryker's a secondary for me lol).

u feel confident w jade vs kenshi?

Im impressed like really E-impressed
I play Sheeva, Stryker, Jade, Kano, Sindel, Noob etc. I'm used to tough match ups at this point, it doesn't phase me too much lol. I know enough to hold my own and let my fundamentals do the rest, I'm using my prior time as a Kenshi player to help me out too, I feel that gives me more insight on how to beat him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
21 beats all frame traps (1 frame faster, leads to 40%)

teleport in general is huge kenshi has to make a read/guess for int 3, delayed 3, 2, 1, ex tele options as well as when he does it. Each option has a different optimal way to deal w it and you have .5 sec to make that decision and theres no reason for him to ever stop doing it so you repeat this 1/6 guessing game for every round

You cant ex tele half of the teleports and you cant d3 his teleports because its random and when he delays or instant 3 changes your evade
The "tech" I use you don't have to guess which method of teleport 3 Kung Lao uses. So far as I've tested it, it beats teleport anything out clean. It doesn't beat ex tele but you won't get punished if it is ex tele. I even tested it in laggy ass online and it works there too. My tech makes it so I don't have to guess, I just have to have good reactions. I'm not trying to hide what it is I just don't want to throw it out there until I know I can't make NEC or until after NEC. I will show you it before hand though regardless.

Aside from the teleport, what other reasons is the MU so bad?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The "tech" I use you don't have to guess which method of teleport 3 Kung Lao uses. So far as I've tested it, it beats teleport anything out clean. It doesn't beat ex tele but you won't get punished if it is ex tele. I even tested it in laggy ass online and it works there too. My tech makes it so I don't have to guess, I just have to have good reactions. I'm not trying to hide what it is I just don't want to throw it out there until I know I can't make NEC or until after NEC. I will show you it before hand though regardless.

Aside from the teleport, what other reasons is the MU so bad?
this is dumb, just say the tech

Flagg

Noob
I think the MU is atrocious

just disgusting
Now I will take your word for it on those match ups, but im sure you can punish a blocked shoulder at close range with a Raiden superman? I hope im not wrong on that....but if im right, couldn't Jade and Kano punish with shadow kick/horizontal ball (providing they get that close to begin with).

Is reptile the only character with a charge move that can punish that on block?

Pig Of The Hut

Now I will take your word for it on those match ups, but im sure you can punish a blocked shoulder at close range with a Raiden superman? I hope im not wrong on that....but if im right, couldn't Jade and Kano punish with shadow kick/horizontal ball (providing they get that close to begin with).

Is reptile the only character with a charge move that can punish that on block?
8 frame advancing specials at close distance

also I would never even need to shoulder jade

I rush her down and still 9-1 - She has 0 tools for his rush down or anything I can do w him

kenshi isnt all bf2

Pig Of The Hut

There is no way Baraka-Kenshi is 9-1. It's 8-2 at the worst...

(Bane voice): ...for you.
Theres no way or chance in hell with both players at highest levels of using their characters tools its better than 9-1

Im giving all barakas props if you guys can beat a kenshi you should rub it in their face

D. R. ill write up tonight and answer

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
lol I honestly just don't feel like playing jose every tournament first round every single time. but I'll be serious here last time we played casuals at bud's house I remember someone saying they wanted to switch it to street fighter. Also noob as a 5-5 seams pretty legit D. R.

Pig Of The Hut

D. R.

Noob Kenshi

Not brain science - Whoever gets life lead first has huge advantage here but problem is When noob is down in this MU he has to take hella risks to gain it back where as kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow as well as armor trades to further increase the lead. Also Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player.

D. R.

Noob
D. R.

Noob Kenshi

Not brain science - Whoever gets life lead first has huge advantage here but problem is When noob is down in this MU he has to take hella risks to gain it back where as kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow as well as armor trades to further increase the lead. Also Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player.

Man, there's so much wrong with this post. Lets break it down:

Whoever gets life lead first has huge advantage
Not necessarily...

When noob is down in this MU he has to take hella risks to gain it back
What risk does he have to take? Portals are very safe to set up for potential combos since your characters specials are stationary, so you better hope you guess right and use armor properly, otherwise Noob's on your ass and Kenshi without meter, is NOT scary to Noob. Characters without meter to access armor are fodder to Noob.

kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow
Noob's tackle (8%) and slide (7%) win in trades with your telefurry (3-5%). Though telefurry is 9% total damage from 3 hits, you only get one or at most two hits of it before a shadow touches Kenshi, thus negating the rest of the move. 7-8% beats 3-5%!!

as well as armor trades to further increase the lead
Armor is a wild card. You guess right, you did damage and win the trade. Cool. You guess wrong, you burned your meter and I'm closer to you or laming you out with my zoning since now your option for more damage in trades is shot. GREAT!

Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player
LMAO! No, just no. I'll intentionally put myself in the corner just to get my opponent close to it if need be and one correct throw or cross over punch and boom, you're in my world now. It happens. You can't guess right 100% of the time. BTW, I will come at you to corner you as well. I play aggressive. You act like Noob can't contain you in the corner. In actuality, Noob's corner game is hell for Kenshi because none of your wake up options will beat out a committed portal reset after a full combo (50% w/ 1 meter ending in a portal reset), thus you have to just stand up and guess if I'm gonna force you into the portal with block stun pokes or back up and catch your jump out attempt. If you DO wake up special, you fucked yourself because your character has stationary specials, which will make the portal connecting all that much easier. Sure, I'll take 2-3% chip off your wake up to reset you into a 30% portal combo ending in another portal reset attempt.

You all gotta stop downplaying this character and actually learn the match up or

PLAY BETTER NOOBS!!!!

Pig Of The Hut

Man, there's so much wrong with this post. Lets break it down:

Whoever gets life lead first has huge advantage
Not necessarily...

When noob is down in this MU he has to take hella risks to gain it back
What risk does he have to take? Portals are very safe to set up for potential combos since your characters specials are stationary, so you better hope you guess right and use armor properly, otherwise Noob's on your ass and Kenshi without meter, is NOT scary to Noob. Characters without meter to access armor are fodder to Noob.

kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow
Noob's tackle (8%) and slide (7%) win in trades with your telefurry (3-5%). Though telefurry is 9% total damage from 3 hits, you only get one or at most two hits of it before a shadow touches Kenshi, thus negating the rest of the move. 7-8% beats 3-5%!!

as well as armor trades to further increase the lead
Armor is a wild card. You guess right, you did damage and win the trade. Cool. You guess wrong, you burned your meter and I'm closer to you or laming you out with my zoning since now your option for more damage in trades is shot. GREAT!

Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player
LMAO! No, just no. I'll intentionally put myself in the corner just to get my opponent close to it if need be and one correct throw or cross over punch and boom, you're in my world now. It happens. You can't guess right 100% of the time. BTW, I will come at you to corner you as well. I play aggressive. You act like Noob can't contain you in the corner. In actuality, Noob's corner game is hell for Kenshi because none of your wake up options will beat out a committed portal reset after a full combo (50% w/ 1 meter ending in a portal reset), thus you have to just stand up and guess if I'm gonna force you into the portal with block stun pokes or back up and catch your jump out attempt. If you DO wake up special, you fucked yourself because your character has stationary specials, which will make the portal connecting all that much easier. Sure, I'll take 2-3% chip off your wake up to reset you into a 30% portal combo ending in another portal reset attempt.

You all gotta stop downplaying this character and actually learn the match up or

PLAY BETTER NOOBS!!!!
I would if they got off the internet where they act like they've godlike and into the tourney scene to actually show people whats up

D. R.

Noob
I would if they got off the internet where they act like they've godlike and into the tourney scene to actually show people whats up
Tell these TOs to stop scheduling tourneys on my Air Force UTAs and I'll be there. lol I serve so you all can go to tourneys.

'MURIKA

There's always Final Round though man. That looks like a GO for me at the moment. Thinking ahead, hopefully MK10 has a legit netcode so the world can witness corner swag from a black hoody ninja and tier charts can properly represent him. :D

Pig Of The Hut

Tell these TOs to stop scheduling tourneys on my Air Force UTAs and I'll be there. lol I serve so you all can go to tourneys.

'MURIKA

There's always Final Round though man. That looks like a GO for me at the moment. Thinking ahead, hopefully MK10 has a legit netcode so the world can witness corner swag from a black hoody ninja and tier charts can properly represent him. :D
see you at FR

Status
Not open for further replies.