What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
a lot of times you just made bad trades with ex skull. shang does best in the MU from SS range and you stayed in SS range a whole lot. you didn't punish a lot of upskulls either (i think i saw one or two get punished), upskulls are a free telefury basically on reaction and most of the time the upskull won't even become active. when he's in RK range, you can beat SS with it but if you mistime it you're at -17 so you have to be careful with that. basically you were just playing in the range shang wanted and missed a couple of punishes. kenshi makes shang's corner game kind of iffy too since he has buckets of armor. kenshi does best from full screen, if he plays patiently with telefury and the occasional teleslash shang has a world of trouble getting anything going. on another note that match was hype as hell, 10/10 would watch again
So you're saying teleflurry on reaction? If you block an upskull can you tele?

So you're saying teleflurry on reaction? If you block an upskull can you tele?
upskull has like 54 startup frames so it's really easy to react to. not many if any shangs use behind skull either so if you have breathing room behind you (i think there's a sweet spot outside SS range where ex SC connects), you could dash back and telefury. to answer your question, no, upskulls are +30.. something on block, so a groundskull is guaranteed if it connects on block, but you can beat the next gs if they decide to do one with telefury (not ex gs doe cuz mindgames) since it's still faster. upskull on hit is a full combo + upskull/groundskull gimmicks anywhere on screen. or SS.. and the SS kenshi mirror goes shang's way lol.

Pig Of The Hut

If Kenshi-Lao is 3-7 now, should Kitana and Cage be moved down to 3-7 as well?
Nope those are 8-2. I changed Lao to 3-7 cause I see blind man an Blackula doing some things in the MU I've yet to incorporate

Plus after discussing this w PL and forever king

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Something I've noticed that I'd like to point out that will make sc full combo punishable by any character with a move that is faster than 10 frames. There is a certain way when a sc is blocked that rather than the opponent being pushed back they are put point blank with kenshi where he can be full combo punished because he is at -10. People need to learn to react to this and punish kenshi. I've had my sc on block get punished by Laos 2. This situation happens more often than you'd think and I'm not 100% sure what triggers it. Soooo fuck people who bitch about sc. It's full combo punishable in the right situation and if you want to beat kenshi you need to learn how to punish sc.

Pig Of The Hut

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Really... After saying Sub-Zero has it better than Jade because he can at least trade a projectile you put him at same numbers (and I still think it's worse than vs Jade) aaand you put Baraka at 8-2 and Kano at 9-1? Man, lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As far as the Reptile-Kenshi matchup goes, I'm not sure, but a lot of things lead to slight advantage Reptile. Kenshi's zoning requires a lot of precision that Reptile can outright disrupt. Because Reptile can easily bypass TF and improperly placed TKSs (and even punish said options), Kenshi is forced to do stuff like SC at random intervals to stuff the dash to get you to stop this. This opens up FB placement, and because of EXFB cancelling normal FBs, reflects aren't a guaranteed stop to Reptile getting one on screen. Reptile is also one of the couple characters that does not fear b2 mixups as much as the rest of the cast because he can stop them and even has the most reliable point-blank SC punish in the game.

Still, Kenshi's armor can put a damper to some of Reptile's pressure, and SC = Reptile is not going to be abusing options such as d4 and whatnot.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Pig Of The Hut, Ermac -Kenshi is probably 6 - 4 Kenshi, not 7 - 3. I ll let you know soon, i just need to test some stuff i came up with first. I ll send you a pm by the end of the next week.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
About fucking time the community got real and put in some fucking 9-1's Some characters are so bull no one can contend with a shitty chracter vs a Extraordinary one.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut, Ermac -Kenshi is probably 6 - 4 Kenshi, not 7 - 3. I ll let you know soon, i just need to test some stuff i came up with first. I ll send you a pm by the end of the next week.
I've played ALL the best ermacs

I don't think this has anything to do w skill, but the MU

I think I've seen an ermac win pose 1 time when using kenshi

For kenshi to lose he basically has to have terrible spacing, no regards to random teleports and just overall play poorly

Idk man, I can't imagine less than 7/3

Pig Of The Hut

As far as the Reptile-Kenshi matchup goes, I'm not sure, but a lot of things lead to slight advantage Reptile. Kenshi's zoning requires a lot of precision that Reptile can outright disrupt. Because Reptile can easily bypass TF and improperly placed TKSs (and even punish said options), Kenshi is forced to do stuff like SC at random intervals to stuff the dash to get you to stop this. This opens up FB placement, and because of EXFB cancelling normal FBs, reflects aren't a guaranteed stop to Reptile getting one on screen. Reptile is also one of the couple characters that does not fear b2 mixups as much as the rest of the cast because he can stop them and even has the most reliable point-blank SC punish in the game.

Still, Kenshi's armor can put a damper to some of Reptile's pressure, and SC = Reptile is not going to be abusing options such as d4 and whatnot.
Pretty much nailed it

Reptile has mobility options vs kenshi telekinetic options most do not have

Pig Of The Hut

sounds right to me ntohing really seems off to me but i think your kenshi vs a kabal is a 5-5 pig
Kabal strikes zero fear into me

The tools per character scream 4-6 reo thinks 3-7

I think when all said is done reo and I will get together and decide for once and for all

The smoke MU is way more difficult than kabal IMO for reasons smoke players don't fully understand yet and honestly I don't think Lao is his worst MU anymore

I think I found something w another character ill be sure to use on any other kenshi at scr

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I've played ALL the best ermacs in the US.

I don't think this has anything to do w skill, but the MU

I think I've seen an ermac win pose 1 time when using kenshi

For kenshi to lose he basically has to have terrible spacing, no regards to random teleports and just overall play poorly

Idk man, I can't imagine less than 7/3
Fixed it for you :). Yeah, but with proper spacing TKP has way more range than the regular SC, and Kenshi can only punish max ranged TKP when he has bars with EX SC. Its not like Freddy. Also you should take into consideration Ermac's positioning as well. Max range TKP is the place Ermac wants to be in the particular MU. As i said though, i ll let you know by the end of the next week. I need to do some testing first.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Kabal strikes zero fear into me

The tools per character scream 4-6 reo thinks 3-7

I think when all said is done reo and I will get together and decide for once and for all

The smoke MU is way more difficult than kabal IMO for reasons smoke players don't fully understand yet and honestly I don't think Lao is his worst MU anymore

I think I found something w another character ill be sure to use on any other kenshi at scr
the smoke MU to me is easy i main smoke and i can beat kenshi's but never fought a offline one but another thing pig the Sub Zero MU i know its hard for sub to get it but i got to ask atleast why is it not a 8-2 sub has so much stuff he can do with unblockables and i dont know if anyone has found it out but the air to ground ice freeze still works on the wall but from what i found only against a few characters but it works really good if you can prison them and do the unblockables sub has i know the MU is hard but the things i found out with sub have made it atleast a 8-2 if you can get them to the wall of the screen and hold them there i played this MU alot and i lost alot but i feel its kinda easy when you have them in the wall but like i said i still feel like sub zero if done right and gets in on kenshi sub might be able to win but its still a really bad MU just trying to make it where its not a 9-1 i know im going to get blown up for this comment but i'm just going to say it because sub can do better then a 9-1 atleast

Pig Of The Hut

Fixed it for you :). Yeah, but with proper spacing TKP has way more range than the regular SC, and Kenshi can only punish max ranged TKP when he has bars with EX SC. Its not like Freddy. Also you should take into consideration Ermac's positioning as well. Max range TKP is the place Ermac wants to be in the particular MU. As i said though, i ll let you know by the end of the next week. I need to do some testing first.
Metzos u r going to need to just come to america until then man ill listen what you have to say but 7-3 from exp of the worlds best players

Status
Not open for further replies.