What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow
Noob's tackle (8%) and slide (7%) win in trades with your telefurry (3-5%). Though telefurry is 9% total damage from 3 hits, you only get one or at most two hits of it before a shadow touches Kenshi, thus negating the rest of the move. 7-8% beats 3-5%!!
When Teleflurry trades it puts the opponent in hella hitstun so that they have to block whatever comes next so you need to add on at least 2% chip to that.

as well as armor trades to further increase the lead
Armor is a wild card. You guess right, you did damage and win the trade. Cool. You guess wrong, you burned your meter and I'm closer to you or laming you out with my zoning since now your option for more damage in trades is shot. GREAT!
You don't have to guess to armor through stuff you can just do it on reaction real easily.

Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player
LMAO! No, just no. I'll intentionally put myself in the corner just to get my opponent close to it if need be and one correct throw or cross over punch and boom, you're in my world now. It happens. You can't guess right 100% of the time.
Kenshi has a patient and safe corner game that leaves him outside of jump over range. Also he doesn't really need to guess, he can pretty much react to whatever you do at that point.

D. R.

Noob
When Teleflurry trades it puts the opponent in hella hitstun so that they have to block whatever comes next so you need to add on at least 2% chip to that.

You don't have to guess to armor through stuff you can just do it on reaction real easily.

Kenshi has a patient and safe corner game that leaves him outside of jump over range. Also he doesn't really need to guess, he can pretty much react to whatever you do at that point.
This was a conversation between the face of Kenshi and the face of Noob.

But cool story bro!

D. R.

Noob
I wouldn't call you the face of Noob if you don't think people can armor through your projectiles on reaction.
No shit? You need meter for that, right? RIGHT? Maybe you didn't read my breakdown too thoroughly. Again, thanks for jumping into a convo you weren't apart of. :D

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
No shit? You need meter for that, right? RIGHT? Maybe you didn't read my breakdown too thoroughly. Again, thanks for jumping into a convo you weren't apart of. :D
To quote you literally:

You said:
Armor is a wild card. You guess right, you did damage and win the trade. Cool. You guess wrong, you burned your meter and I'm closer to you or laming you out with my zoning since now your option for more damage in trades is shot. GREAT!

D. R.

Noob
Dir dee dir
To quote Pig

D. R.

Noob Kenshi

Not brain science - Whoever gets life lead first has huge advantage here but problem is When noob is down in this MU he has to take hella risks to gain it back where as kenshi w life lead can wins trades w stagger teleflurry trades w shadow as well as armor trades to further increase the lead. Also Noob has hella hard time getting out of the corner which he will get into when played correctly by the kenshi player.
Man, I only see ONE PERSON tagged in this ORIGINAL post by Pig...

Do you see that one person?

What's his name?

Yep, you can read!!

It's D. R.!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Here's a cookie

D. R.

Noob
Yes, the idea was to get your attention with it.

If he wanted to only speak to you then he would have sent you a PM.

Why are you even getting angry over me giving my input anyway, I gave only valid points.

I'm far from angry. lol I'm quite knowledgeable of this game and how to get around things since I play with a character outside the top 10. You have to be a little more solid if your character doesn't do all the work for you. I don't just play to play, I actually breakdown the characters and their respective exploits to see what works and what does not. Big D and I have gone over this match up. Everything I posted has been validated. The only thing missing is the human factor. Pig is not Big D. He'll play differently.

Pig Of The Hut I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what makes the Kenshi-Jax MU 6-4 to 5-5? Is it only the fact that Jax can harass Kenshi's hitbox?

My side would be that as a co-main with Cage and Jax, I agree that Cage vs Kenshi could be 8-2. Cage has to take more risks getting in on Kenshi with EX shadow kick and dashblocking/jumping, but if he finds an opening on Kenshi, midscreen or corner, he gets A LOT of damage (or Kenshi's meter). But Kenshi still zones the hell out of Cage like no tomorrow making it an overall frustrating time for Cage.

It seems Kenshi zones Jax just like he would to Cage. Kenshi shuts down Jax's zoning ability he's so known for and even if Jax gets in with his EX Dash punch w/e, he can't get good damage off Kenshi from midscreen (which is something Cage can do), or any sort of intimidating pressure due to Kenshi's armor (something Cage can somewhat do with F3 mixups. Jax just has neutral strings if you're conscious of his mixup game). Kenshi's meter building could potentially negate Jax's corner damage too. Just curious since IMO it would be a 7-3 (being generous). Its more advice I'm asking than debate since I have huge Kenshi problems as Jax, so what factor(s) would even make it 5-5 (and not even 7-3)?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what makes the Kenshi-Jax MU 6-4 to 5-5? Is it only the fact that Jax can harass Kenshi's hitbox?

My side would be that as a co-main with Cage and Jax, I agree that Cage vs Kenshi could be 8-2. Cage has to take more risks getting in on Kenshi with EX shadow kick and dashblocking/jumping, but if he finds an opening on Kenshi, midscreen or corner, he gets A LOT of damage (or Kenshi's meter). But Kenshi still zones the hell out of Cage like no tomorrow making it an overall frustrating time for Cage.

It seems Kenshi zones Jax just like he would to Cage. Kenshi shuts down Jax's zoning ability he's so known for and even if Jax gets in with his EX Dash punch w/e, he can't get good damage off Kenshi from midscreen (which is something Cage can do), or any sort of intimidating pressure due to Kenshi's armor (something Cage can somewhat do with F3 mixups. Jax just has neutral strings if you're conscious of his mixup game). Kenshi's meter building could potentially negate Jax's corner damage too. Just curious since IMO it would be a 7-3 (being generous). Its more advice I'm asking than debate since I have huge Kenshi problems as Jax, so what factor(s) would even make it 5-5 (and not even 7-3)?
I think it's 5-5 or 6-4 kenshi honestly but dash punch evades tele flurry and overhead slash under him

Jax's 8 frame starter blows up blocked SC up close and rk outside sweep distance

one combo = in corner and this is where kenshi has a hellacious time getting out especially when jax has meter

f4 1 mixups jail kenshi and there are many options past f4 1 and 12 (i think it is) that kenshi has to worry about accompanied w f3

The best Known jax to play it well against me is DAB before that I thought it was 7-3

when i get my stream equipment back on (Converter broke in 5 days :( ) then ill stream some matches w him and post it

I think it's 5-5 or 6-4 kenshi honestly but dash punch evades tele flurry and overhead slash under him

Jax's 8 frame starter blows up blocked SC up close and rk outside sweep distance

one combo = in corner and this is where kenshi has a hellacious time getting out especially when jax has meter

f4 1 mixups jail kenshi and there are many options past f4 1 and 12 (i think it is) that kenshi has to worry about accompanied w f3

The best Known jax to play it well against me is DAB before that I thought it was 7-3

when i get my stream equipment back on (Converter broke in 5 days :( ) then ill stream some matches w him and post it
I guess I just need more MU experience with top Kenshis. I'd REALLY appreciate some stream matches. Thanks for the input!

Pig Of The Hut

OP Updated
12-16-12 Noob moved from a 6-4 Kenshi Favor to a 5-5
12-16-12 Kung Lao moved from 2-8 to 3-7 Lao Favor
12-16-12 Baraka moved from a 9-1 to 8-2
12-16-12 Jax solified as 6-4 Kenshi Favor

MUs still in Question:
Is Shang 5-5 or 6-4 Kenshi
Is Reptile 4-6 disadvantage or 5-5 Kenshi
Cyrax could very well be 5-5 and not 4-6

Is Shang 5-5 or 6-4 Kenshi
six fo

kenshi whoops shang from full screen, telefury beats gskulls, teleslash can too. ex gskull can beat teleslash but the teleslash can still hit and the gskulls will drop. ex gskull can trade with telefury but telefury will still hit and the gskulls will drop. kenshi can send shang's ass back to full screen whenever he feels like it cause armor, i think even normal SC beats out gskull frame traps lol. shang's main tool in this MU is SS, and kenshi can trade telefury with that too. kenshi just shuts down a lot of shang's game imo.

Pig Of The Hut

six fo

kenshi whoops shang from full screen, telefury beats gskulls, teleslash can too. ex gskull can beat teleslash but the teleslash can still hit and the gskulls will drop. ex gskull can trade with telefury but telefury will still hit and the gskulls will drop. kenshi can send shang's ass back to full screen whenever he feels like it cause armor, i think even normal SC beats out gskull frame traps lol. shang's main tool in this MU is SS, and kenshi can trade telefury with that too. kenshi just shuts down a lot of shang's game imo.
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/events/22-fall-championship#2292/2296/1;98084

What did i do wrong in this series

a lot of times you just made bad trades with ex skull. shang does best in the MU from SS range and you stayed in SS range a whole lot. you didn't punish a lot of upskulls either (i think i saw one or two get punished), upskulls are a free telefury basically on reaction and most of the time the upskull won't even become active. when he's in RK range, you can beat SS with it but if you mistime it you're at -17 so you have to be careful with that. basically you were just playing in the range shang wanted and missed a couple of punishes. kenshi makes shang's corner game kind of iffy too since he has buckets of armor. kenshi does best from full screen, if he plays patiently with telefury and the occasional teleslash shang has a world of trouble getting anything going. on another note that match was hype as hell, 10/10 would watch again

Status
Not open for further replies.