What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
What
100% absolutely not true

I was tied 2-2 against DJT 's kung lao at MLG Dallas, had the option of picking mileena, sektor, cage etc and who did i choose ???

KENSHI

Following your heart for the win !!!

Here watch this lol http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/98117-fighters-mk9-wb-round5-pig-of-the-hut-vs-djt-game5

edit: I use Kenshi for kabal, smoke, lao, freddy etc I have backups for playstyles and certain players in general . I counterpick the player not character
What a pop off!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Would you consider updating the Kung Lao match, as at the highest level, it really isn't free. It has evolved so much in the last while due to your style of play in that match, and Kung Lao can only take major advantage when you don't have meter.

In a 7-3/8-2 that would mean that your character does not have the tools to fight the match, but that isn't the case with Kenshi, he has everything he needs.

Would you consider 6-4 to Kung Lao if not 5-5. Once a Kenshi player know the match, it should be even and be very difficult for the Kung Lao player.
I believe that match is now a 5-5. That's just my personal opinion. I do not struggle in this match anymore. Having fought this match constantly, I know how to fight Kung Lao. The match is not bad at all.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
even with meter, kenshis armor is not as safe as usual against kung lao. a simple example would be a crossover, usually kenshi would have a guaranteed punish on the crossover with armor. but a crossover teleport can mess that up for 43% without meter. it will eventually become 6-4 imo because as good as kung laos mobility is in this matchup, it is never safe.
d+1. Meter saved.

Death

Noob
I believe that match is now a 5-5. That's just my personal opinion. I do not struggle in this match anymore. Having fought this match constantly, I know how to fight Kung Lao. The match is not bad at all.
You are good in the mu but you need to redeem yourself vs mine. My KL could be my best character now. If I run into you at wb I am not using Sonya lol

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
You are good in the mu but you need to redeem yourself vs mine. My KL could be my best character now. If I run into you at wb I am not using Sonya lol
Bring it on son. Bring it on. If we meet in tourney and you pick Kung Lao on me, my prediction..... I win 2-0. You heard it here first.

d+1. Meter saved.
if you try the crossover anti air its going to whiff because he is going to teleport, if you try to d1 the teleport, you can either still get hit because you can easily mess up the timing and your hitbox is big and what if he did a normal crossover? you would eat full combo if not you would at least have to block a whole string. and d1 still loses to jumpkicks and kung lao can get full combo off of crossover jumpkicks but nobody really does it, I dont have to worry about anything if you cross me over because I have a spin.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
if you try the crossover anti air its going to whiff because he is going to teleport, if you try to d1 the teleport, you can either still get hit because you can easily mess up the timing and your hitbox is big and what if he did a normal crossover? you would eat full combo if not you would at least have to block a whole string. and d1 still loses to jumpkicks and kung lao can get full combo off of crossover jumpkicks but nobody really does it, I dont have to worry about anything if you cross me over because I have a spin.
If I try to d+1 his cross up attack and he teleports instead, I will recover in time to respond to his teleport to avoid any option from it so I'm not worried about him trying to bait something by teleporting on cross up. One thing I've learned not to do in this matchup is use armor on cross ups because if he decides to teleport, then I'm screwed. Kung Lao forced me to learn how to anti cross up with d+1. And if he chooses to do a normal cross up, I'm definitely going to do my d+1. You should watch my recent vids of me fighting Kung Lao and see how many times I successfully land d+1 on cross up. Yes you can miss it if you mistime it, but lately I'm hitting it more often than not.

If I try to d+1 his cross up attack and he teleports instead, I will recover in time to respond to his teleport to avoid any option from it so I'm not worried about him trying to bait something by teleporting on cross up. One thing I've learned not to do in this matchup is use armor on cross ups because if he decides to teleport, then I'm screwed. Kung Lao forced me to learn how to anti cross up with d+1. And if he chooses to do a normal cross up, I'm definitely going to do my d+1. You should watch my recent vids of me fighting Kung Lao and see how many times I successfully land d+1 on cross up. Yes you can miss it if you mistime it, but lately I'm hitting it more often than not.
d1 is always possible, but the whole point is about kenshi not having a guaranteed crossup defence against kung lao while he does have that against the rest of the cast.

Kenshi gets destroyed by Kung Lao, Kung Lao can do whatever he wants and anything kenshi does kung lao can simply teleport for 50%....Any Kung Lao losing to Kenshi is a shame to the Kung Lao community

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
d1 is always possible, but the whole point is about kenshi not having a guaranteed crossup defence against kung lao while he does have that against the rest of the cast.
I think some good ideas to make it hard for KL are:

- If you cant escape the teleport, but you know its coming, jump away, taking the tele 3 will knock you fullscreen, give you a wakeup option if he teles again, if not he's fullscreen.
- Mash D4s during his offense, this will force him to have to spin eventually, either that or he'll have to backdash. You can option select anti cross over Ex RKs as well, but this still leaves him the option of cross over teleport.
- Play his own rushdown game against him. F22B2 is a great string to abuse if you can get your opponent to respect the armoured shoulder after it. If you think they'll respect it just do F22B2 again and hitconfirm for a F22B1. This is especially good in the corner since KL cant armour after the +7 shoulder.
- Learn how to move against KL. Always be ready to dash either way through his teleport. Both ways work.

The only KL that plays against Kenshi properly IMO is PL.
I see it as 5-5 vs any KL that isnt PL.

Kenshi gets destroyed by Kung Lao, Kung Lao can do whatever he wants and anything kenshi does kung lao can simply teleport for 50%....Any Kung Lao losing to Kenshi is a shame to the Kung Lao community
Not true. Kenshi has everything he needs to fight against KL, its just that you have to leave the Kenshi comfort zone and get stuck in. A little bit of brains in this fight make it a lot more difficult for KL than you'd think.

You cant just teleport all you want cause it's still punishable, even though the punish is relatively weak, it knocks you fullscreen, so you'll be giving Kenshi meter, which in turn gives him an incredible rushdown game.

I think some good ideas to make it hard for KL are:

- If you cant escape the teleport, but you know its coming, jump away, taking the tele 3 will knock you fullscreen, give you a wakeup option if he teles again, if not he's fullscreen.
- Mash D4s during his offense, this will force him to have to spin eventually, either that or he'll have to backdash. You can option select anti cross over Ex RKs as well, but this still leaves him the option of cross over teleport.
- Play his own rushdown game against him. F22B2 is a great string to abuse if you can get your opponent to respect the armoured shoulder after it. If you think they'll respect it just do F22B2 again and hitconfirm for a F22B1. This is especially good in the corner since KL cant armour after the +7 shoulder.
- Learn how to move against KL. Always be ready to dash either way through his teleport. Both ways work.

The only KL that plays against Kenshi properly IMO is PL.
I see it as 5-5 vs any KL that isnt PL.

Not true. Kenshi has everything he needs to fight against KL, its just that you have to leave the Kenshi comfort zone and get stuck in. A little bit of brains in this fight make it a lot more difficult for KL than you'd think.

You cant just teleport all you want cause it's still punishable, even though the punish is relatively weak, it knocks you fullscreen, so you'll be giving Kenshi meter, which in turn gives him an incredible rushdown game.
the kenshi player should definitely move back and forward, he has a good dash that can counter teleports. people should always try to d4 kung lao out of his pressure because a d4 on hit will turn the tables and pressure kung lao back. by poking kung lao he has to spin, which is always a risk for the lao player if you dont poke kung lao youre basically letting him win without havind made any guesses. kenshi players should just accept that they cant play their main game and kung lao is going to get in, kenshi isnt hopeless against kung lao upclose at all. I think it is 6-4 kung lao, but kenshi players are playing it like a 7-3 right now.

Death

Noob
Not at all. You'd get your back blown out by any top kenshi player. The mu is KL favor but not free. 7-3 at the worst but it could be just 6-4.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not at all. You'd get your back blown out by any top kenshi player. The mu is KL favor but not free. 7-3 at the worst but it could be just 6-4.
I'm almost certain there is something missing that Kenshi players can do, just not sure what it is yet. Kenshi has all he needs to start an offense against KL, and defend himself from KL at the same time and vice versa.

Lao cant win fullscreen, Kenshi can survive up close for short amounts of time. Its easier for Kenshi to knock Lao fullscreen than it is for Lao to stay in.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
GamerBlake90

Can we get this closed? Theres no use for this thread because the only useful discussion that should occur about Kenshi are the following

1. Why did I pay $2.99 for this broken OP shit DLC?

2. How can we get him banned, what authorities should we speak with?

3. Should Kenshi mains previous wins in tourney be nullified and recended ?

4. See latest thread for accurate #s

GamerBlake90

Can we get this closed? Theres no use for this thread because the only useful discussion that should occur about Kenshi are the following

If kenshi got banned, who would you play? cause milenna wont win tournaments

you need kenshi Pig! without him , who are you?

I find it easier to land the d1 if you are already crouching. I always get nailed by a cross up if I'm stand blocking and then I crouch after I see him jump over then try to press d1.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
GamerBlake90

Closing thread at author's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.