What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

I don't doubt the fact that we'll get a sequel down the line KI overall seemed to be successful. But yeah no more stream where they go and explain why they they did X or Y.
Hmmm. In general though, I find game developers take an insane amount of crap from a generally ungrateful, and over-entitled customer base. It's an industry that I enjoy the products of, but would never want to work in.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
They only ever seem to do YouTube videos
@Raidenwins

There's sites / apps that convert YouTube vids to mp3. I used to have to download podcasts as mp3 too and I'd link uploads here on TYM. Thanks to newer phones and better coverage I just stream video but can link a couple of converter sites though.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Yea makoto, yun, t hawk, zangeif, able and fucking el furte bitch ass
not gonnna life if I get off work and post on here im usually hella drunk. I was thinking 50/50 in mkx land which is OH/LOW. Theres hella mix in sf4. Point I was trying to make is SF4 main way to open people up is being frame perfect with pokes plinked into big damage. I mained fei long and only oh/low into combo mix he had needed a counter hit on OH. But even he had hella mix with chicken wing so ya u guys definately right. The point I was trying to make is one thing sf4 did well was if u were frame perfect all the fuckin time u would decimate noobs in godlike fashion. You didnt need 50/50s. This game's poke system is different.

well i disagree with some of your points but its also my opinion

50/50s are necessary in fighting games or els the game will be very fkn boring. nobody wants to play a game that you can react to everything and block everything.

for the random fatal blows they needs to be checked at but more on the punish side example noobsaibot and kabal fb been safe ? the speed of the fb doesnt really matter its ok its a comeback mechanic but having armor and been safe is what the issue is imo.

hitbox,anti airs and punishing that i agree. its not normal that you cant punish a -10 with a 9f after getting out of block. in KI,MC2 and even SC i can 100% punish everything without effort.
B ut noobs and kabals fb isnt safe

xKMMx

Banned
Truthfully all the issues they stated is exactly why I started to learn tekken..
IVe thought about trying to learn Tekken but it takes me so long to get decent at a new fighting game I don't know if there will be a seen left for Tekken 7 by the time im able to play matches lol

IVe thought about trying to learn Tekken but it takes me so long to get decent at a new fighting game I don't know if there will be a seen left for Tekken 7 by the time im able to play matches lol
Yeah I take long to get decent at a game as well. The learning curve is also daunting

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I will talk to REO about creating an audio file.

Street Fighter 5's basic mix up revolves around strike and throw, which cannot be teched on reaction. The mix up is very similar to Mortal Kombat 11's.

Crush counters kind of function like krushing blows. Although V-Triggers have bars unlike fatal blows, their comeback mechanics are equally prevalent in both games.

Mortal Kombat 11 has anti-aerial attacks. What Mortal Kombat 11 does not have, or has a lot less of, is Mortal Kombat 9's jab anti-aerial attacks. I also hope you realize that Capcom has been nerfing anti-aerial jabs since Street Fighter 5's release. They were very easy to use and led to left / right 50/50 resets.
I don't disagree with alot of what you say here. But the throws are not a 50/50 on their own. If you make the read on a throw you will tech it. For meaty/throw mix up you can delay tech. Jab anti airs are dumb and were toned down a lot for good reason but there are moves that are designed to be anti airs that work if you make a read on a jump in like dps.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
What in the world makes you come to that conclusion?

You talk to a lot of Top to High Level SFV Players & they’ll have the same complaint about throws & AAs that a lot of MK players do
No doubt but again you can tech a throw on a read.
It's not an unreactable 50/50.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying mk11 sux and sfv is great. Just a comparison because of the similarities. I don't mind either game to be honest.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wonder what other games the people saying MK11 is too dirty/unfair are playing. It’s literally one of the more honest fighting games on the market right now.

That doesn’t mean you have to like the game, but I wonder how these people would play games with actual ambiguous mixups, glitches far worse than fireballs whiffing, vortexes, real dirt and tricky
resets for entire lifebars, etc.

@haketh hit the nail on the head imo. I’m not sure where this warped view of ‘fairness’ is coming from in relation to other games. Every fighting game has its dirt, and most of it is far more frustrating than guessing wrong on a throw to lose 14%.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I wonder what other games the people saying MK11 is too dirty/unfair are playing. It’s literally one of the more honest fighting games on the market right now.

That doesn’t mean you have to like the game, but I wonder how these people would play games with actual ambiguous mixups, glitches far worse than fireballs whiffing, vortexes, real dirt and tricky
resets for entire lifebars, etc.

@haketh hit the nail on the head imo. I’m not sure where this warped view of ‘fairness’ is coming from in relation to other games. Every fighting game has its dirt, and most of it is far more frustrating than guessing wrong on a throw to lose 14%.
that can lead to a KB for the next one.
It's a coin flip that imo is silly. If it had different animation or something to react to i think it would be better.

Like I said I'm not bashing the game. Alot of games have silly shit in them.

xKMMx

Banned
That
Yeah I take long to get decent at a game as well. The learning curve is also daunting
That's what Ive heard. Heard that any mistake in neutral can be death. Also heard that you pretty much need a stick to move around right due to all the side stepping.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
that can lead to a KB for the next one.
It's a coin flip that imo is silly. If it had different animation or something to react to i think it would be better.

Like I said I'm not bashing the game. Alot of games have silly shit in them.
To put it in context though -- (and I'm saying this as someone who advocated a partial KB rework), a hit for 30% that can only activate once a match under certain conditions barely qualifies as "dirt" when you compare it to what can happen if you guess wrong in other fighting games.

I'm not saying to you have to like it (It's fine not to), but if you're comparing objectively it's not even in the same league as the mixups you'd have to deal with in many other games.

DeftMonk

Noob
What in the world makes you come to that conclusion?

You talk to a lot of Top to High Level SFV Players & they’ll have the same complaint about throws & AAs that a lot of MK players do
One thing sf always has had over mk is the same special can be done with three different buttons (I don’t remember if sfv is like that it’s been a long ass time but I think it is). Along with the obvious bigger motion each button gives and more damage, one button might by immune to projectiles one to normals one to air attacks etc. only mk has this prob where someone jumps at u and you anti air only to eat full combo.

DeftMonk

Noob
Lol and so will I. Your horrendous posts chock full of typo's and misspelled words will continue to get called out. IF you wanna play it out we can go best of 5 sometime and hopefully you wont "loose" the matches LMAO.

By the way I said one thing in criticism of you shit talking and nothing in support of Cherney himself so if you call that dick riding I wonder what you call it when you overtly agree with someone in a post. LMAO.

Keep up the spewing canned insults campaign.
Who gives a fuck how people spell on a mortal kombat forum? Wtf is wrong with u? Lots of posters with the most useful content aren’t even from English speaking countries... seriously bro?

haketh

Noob
One thing sf always has had over mk is the same special can be done with three different buttons (I don’t remember if sfv is like that it’s been a long ass time but I think it is). Along with the obvious bigger motion each button gives and more damage, one button might by immune to projectiles one to normals one to air attacks etc. only mk has this prob where someone jumps at u and you anti air only to eat full combo.
Street Fighter doesn’t have a lot of Air Crush properties on normals. The only time it did was in SFxT, it is a recurring complaint that AAs for the most part aren’t good in SFV.

DeftMonk

Noob
Street Fighter doesn’t have a lot of Air Crush properties on normals. The only time it did was in SFxT, it is a recurring complaint that AAs for the most part aren’t good in SFV.
Ya I suppose if ur talkin normals is different. Certain characters have decent ones but many do not. I really haven’t touched sf in years I can’t remember if certain specials had invinc frames only from wakeup or at all times. Also I remember guy’s tatsu was like mk is projectile immune lk has some other immunity hk as well. Anyway, mk doesnt really follow that kind of design but I wish it did.

Gaxkang

Banned
To put it in context though -- (and I'm saying this as someone who advocated a partial KB rework), a hit for 30% that can only activate once a match under certain conditions barely qualifies as "dirt" when you compare it to what can happen if you guess wrong in other fighting games.

I'm not saying to you have to like it (It's fine not to), but if you're comparing objectively it's not even in the same league as the mixups you'd have to deal with in many other games.
Well then you might take another KB and then a FB heh...

And like FB's...if in say Soul Calibur if people did their supers like in MK11, it would get stuffed and that'd be it. In Injustice 2 it wouldn't have worked either, because the system was different.

But sure there's dirt or cheese in other games...and in those other games if it's pointed out there will be folks who blame the player or if it's an online thing they will still blame the player or claim there is no lag or the online is perfect (I've seen that be said in Tekken for example). I remember this smurfy dude I ran into once who insisted he was not a 3 bar, but when it was clear he was he then insisted 3 bars was perfectly fine heh.

Mitigating cheese can be easier if the overall game is better. MK11 has a collection of things that holds it back from what it could be, and some of that may be the online amplifying it, but some of it just the design really. I was real intrigued when i heard supposedly that jailing was much easier after a patch, but it's not...and that's one thing that hampers the game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No doubt but again you can tech a throw on a read.
It's not an unreactable 50/50.
Teching throws on a read leaves you vulnerable to strikes and shimmies just like in Mortal Kombat 11.

Even though Street Fighter 5's throws are not 50/50 mix ups, the tech window is much smaller than Mortal Kombat 11's. You have to tech in advance, or on a read as you claim, which causes the 50/50 mix up with strikes and shimmies.

I hope you realize you are my point by literally saying what I was saying.

Gaxkang

Banned
When I really consider how the game goes especially online I think patching could mitigate issues at least...I dunno if it could fix everything since every aspect of the gameplay has got issues going on. But maybe with hard work...but I don't expect NRS to do that.
I can't recommend the PVP to folks...it's the characters, content, production values the game has going for it.

But yeah, it's a game that favors jumping but you aren't supposed to jump over projectiles, heh.

When someone teleports next to you sometimes you can do something...other times they get free damage because they decided to teleport next to you. And you're (trying) to do the same move that worked in a similar situation.

Rudimentary punishment is missing from the game...instead offensive cheese is favored.

The way hitboxes and hurtboxes work...ouch...

Injustice 2 had issues itself, there were ways around things but NRS took a step back with MK11 really.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Teching throws on a read leaves you vulnerable to strikes and shimmies just like in Mortal Kombat 11.

Even though Street Fighter 5's throws are not 50/50 mix ups, the tech window is much smaller than Mortal Kombat 11's. You have to tech in advance, or on a read as you claim, which causes the 50/50 mix up with strikes and shimmies.

I hope you realize you are my point by literally saying what I was saying.
And your point mine. The tech window is irrelevant if it's a legit 50/50. All I'm saying is if this game had legit anti airs and throws were not a guess every time it would be great imo.