What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

Then Mk X is incomplete, as some have more skins than others
I think every game is incomplete in some form or another, depending on one's point of view.

Some people felt Mortal Kombat (2011) wasn't properly done because of cosmetic things to do with skeletal models during Fatalities and other such cosmetic stuff.

I'm not going to rip on folk if they feel that way, as it simply shows me what they value. For me, I value gameplay first, cosmetic second, so in knowing what others value, it helps me chat with them and converse with them, knowing what they'll put emphasis on.

haketh

Noob
Long term support for NRS means giving people constant DLC characters and skins. Thats what they meant. Balance wise,new mechanics,fixing overpowered moves etc. Not gonna happen.
What in the world makes you come to that conclusion?

But SFV has anti airs and teachable throws. If mk11 had this it would be a huge step forward.

50/50 throws are silly.
You talk to a lot of Top to High Level SFV Players & they’ll have the same complaint about throws & AAs that a lot of MK players do

Was such a gigantic prick he’s a huge part in why a lot of people quit playing & prolly why a lot of western devs won’t ever be as open & involved community wise like Iron Galaxy was
That's quite the shame. I missed out on the game's heyday, but it seems to me that Iron Galaxy was great with the game, community interaction, support, etc.

ruthlezz997

YOU TASK A THUNDER GOD!
What in the world makes you come to that conclusion?

You talk to a lot of Top to High Level SFV Players & they’ll have the same complaint about throws & AAs that a lot of MK players do
Maybe history of MK11 from release onwards? How broken and braindead to play are Geras,Sonya,Jacqui compared to rest AND low tier characters? Its been 8 months since game came out and in tournaments people will chain 3-4 Body Splashes with Geras and opponent wont have counterplay. If they couldnt fix that type of issue,on top of Bionic Dash being non-punishable and fucking Sonya,then nothing is indicating they will even try in the future. They are perfectly fine with current state of the game and thats final. Game is extremely boring to watch sometimes,mostly because of repetitive characters being picked,entire matches can be described as Geras does the low sand into low sand into jumpkick triple D1 into throw. The only way they will interest people back into the game are skins,DLC characters,stages etc. Something that has good exterior,that looks cool or is nostalgic. Not something practical,like fixing Sonyas damage or zoning :)

haketh

Noob
That's quite the shame. I missed out on the game's heyday, but it seems to me that Iron Galaxy was great with the game, community interaction, support, etc.
Keits & various IG Staff we’re heavily involved with the community & did literally everything FG players have ever wanted communication wise from devs. They quickly learned that yes while we want this stuff theirs a lot of people who act in bad faith & the devs couldn’t go anywhere without people like PaulB & his fans hounding them everywhere & constantly insulting them.

Even community tournaments like Eight Bit Beatdown weren’t safe & it ended partially due to how negative the community was. It’s super frustrating Paul is trying to throw the wool over peoples eyes like he loved the game & the devs.

You realize we’re in the final legs of a tour right? You don’t do a massive balance patch like what you want until that’s over. They’ve even already talked about how after the finals theirs gonna be adjustments & overhauls. God some of y’all are the most doomsaying yahoos.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Keits & various IG Staff we’re heavily involved with the community & did literally everything FG players have ever wanted communication wise from devs. They quickly learned that yes while we want this stuff theirs a lot of people who act in bad faith & the devs couldn’t go anywhere without people like PaulB & his fans hounding them everywhere & constantly insulting them.

Even community tournaments like Eight Bit Beatdown weren’t safe & it ended partially due to how negative the community was. It’s super frustrating Paul is trying to throw the wool over peoples eyes like he loved the game & the devs.
Shame people cared so much about a few guys opinions and helped kill the Majority of the game :(

Shame people cared so much about a few guys opinions and helped kill the Majority of the game :(
Learning a fighting game is a time sink so it's normal for people to look for the impressions inside the community to see If it's worth their time. but that's a mistake not to make If you know how the FGC work. When the community say the game is shit people will think "They play the game If they say it's shit why should I bother they are probably right" then they start paroting that same statement everytime someone talks about the game. It's easy to see it in games like MVCI for example people now say the gameplay was fun but people were saying everything was shit about the game.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Learning a fighting game is a time sink so it's normal for people to look for the impressions inside the community to see If it's worth their time. but that's a mistake not to make If you know how the FGC work. When the community say the game is shit people will think "They play the game If they say it's shit why should I bother they are probably right" then they start paroting that same statement everytime someone talks about the game. It's easy to see it in games like MVCI for example people now say the gameplay was fun but people were saying everything was shit about the game.
And THAT is why I don't listen too reviews. everyone has different tastes and people need to realize that.

@haketh @Ck AeroVoid @KHTC Takgillo Would that be why there doesn't seem to be any new Killer Instinct tournaments (outside of Combo Breaker?), or did the game simply run its course?

And THAT is why I don't listen too reviews. everyone has different tastes and people need to realize that.
Sadly, I find critical thinking is not common anymore, or even encouraged. People always seem to immediately latch onto the opinions of others and adopt it as their own, and we have a society filled with followers who think they know everything but actually understand very little.

Generally, people don't seem to want to think for themselves anymore, they just want to be told what to think.

It's very sad.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
@haketh @Ck AeroVoid @KHTC Takgillo Would that be why there doesn't seem to be any new Killer Instinct tournaments (outside of Combo Breaker?), or did the game simply run its course?

Sadly, I find critical thinking is not common anymore, or even encouraged. People always seem to immediately latch onto the opinions of others and adopt it as their own, and we have a society filled with followers who think they know everything but actually understand very little.

Generally, people don't seem to want to think for themselves anymore, they just want to be told what to think.

It's very sad.
welp, time to teach my future kids a lesson lol

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Then Mk X is incomplete, as some have more skins than others
If you look at it in a technical way yes you're right but that's a cosmetic. Most skins dont have any modification towards the gameplay so they dont have such an impact as to what you have to input for their ultimate

If you look at it in a technical way yes you're right but that's a cosmetic. Most skins dont have any modification towards the gameplay so they dont have such an impact as to what you have to input for their ultimate
Outside of a completely non-interactible cinematic though, Ultimates have no affect on gameplay either, save you press LP and LK to activate it.

Not ripping on you, just pointing out that Ultimates are really just cosmetic things as well.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I do agree that it is unfortunate not all have an Ultimate though, at-least that is better than only 10 or so having a HP or an Ultra combo ect

xKMMx

Banned
I'll do whatever the fuck I want 'bro'. Keep up the Cherny dick riding (how looooow can u go?) crusade :)
Lol and so will I. Your horrendous posts chock full of typo's and misspelled words will continue to get called out. IF you wanna play it out we can go best of 5 sometime and hopefully you wont "loose" the matches LMAO.

By the way I said one thing in criticism of you shit talking and nothing in support of Cherney himself so if you call that dick riding I wonder what you call it when you overtly agree with someone in a post. LMAO.

Keep up the spewing canned insults campaign.

Last edited:

It's very sad.
I think it's a little bit of A and B. If there was a bigger community the game could have gone on for longer and popped up in more places but at this point after all those years it ran its course. I think that the biggest ramifications of stuff like that is that when they do KI 2 they will not be as open as they were before or try to mix with the community anymore.

I think it's a little bit of A and B. If there was a bigger community the game could have gone on for longer and popped up in more places but at this point after all those years it ran its course. I think that the biggest ramifications of stuff like that is that when they do KI 2 they will not be as open as they were before or try to mix with the community anymore.
That's a real shame. Hopefully they do develop a sequel though. The game's production values were certainly great.

That's a real shame. Hopefully they do develop a sequel though. The game's production values were certainly great.
I don't doubt the fact that we'll get a sequel down the line KI overall seemed to be successful. But yeah no more stream where they go and explain why they they did X or Y.