What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

Your losing so there has to be no other reason then the game being flawed that makes you lose or not get top 8. Sounds right
Im an average player and I know when I fuck up and when there is some shit going on.
When I played SF4 I was kicked out by a lot of people better than me in the game and the gap for excuses were waaaaaaaay lower. And you could se by the reactions, spacing, reads, anti airs....you could see that the guy you fought is in a better shape than you. You recognized that and move on....

But in mkx and 11....dude....hahaha...man come on. Play the game....just play it. The bullshit is there.

I honestly have an aneurysm reading people say that the best players being consistently the best at a game doesn't mean it's competitively... consistent.
This is r/ihadastroke levels of mindfuckery to me
I think is waaaayyy more difficult to assume that the game is unfair (as life). It gives hope and sense of meaning. Is a mindset related to religion and meritocracy....
I can imagine that, some people here who a big chunk of their lifes are dedicated to a game, if you say that with evidences they are going to resist. "LOOK AT THE RESULTSS!!!!!"....yeah yeah. Give an IQ test to sonic fox and for you....and you will see why he is consistent.
If you think that the game is sooo fair....say to him win with raiden againt all top gerasess and cetrions and jaquis....he is gonna have some trouble....
If you play a game that the answer of an situation is a character and not you....this means everything you need to know.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Even though this a hyperbole there are professional poker players but there is no way you are going to tell me that poker is not random or an inconsistent game. People can learn how put the odds in their favor and there overall skill should win a majority of the time. But that's not the game being consistent that is them. I'm not saying Mk11 is random my only stance is consistent players does not equal a consistent game. Mk11 is a fighting game and at it's core it will be pretty hard to make it completely random or inconsistent but some mechanics or factors about the game can impact how consistent it truly can be.
You missed Dave’s point entirely, which wasn’t just that good players will win; it’s that when they lose, they’re not losing to inconsistentcy or randomness.

If you think they are, I’d like you to point out at which tournament the top player lost to ‘randomness’ and who it was.

Along those lines, comparing this game to poker is ridiculous.

Some of you guys are now reaching super hard and grasping at straws because you can’t make a detailed logical argument to support these points. Blanket statements like ‘the game is random’ don’t actually describe what’s happening in high-level play.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I think is waaaayyy more difficult to assume that the game is unfair (as life). It gives hope and sense of meaning. Is a mindset related to religion and meritocracy....
I can imagine that, some people here who a big chunk of their lifes are dedicated to a game, if you say that with evidences they are going to resist. "LOOK AT THE RESULTSS!!!!!"....yeah yeah. Give an IQ test to sonic fox and for you....and you will see why he is consistent.
If you think that the game is sooo fair....say to him win with raiden againt all top gerasess and cetrions and jaquis....he is gonna have some trouble....
If you play a game that the answer of an situation is a character and not you....this means everything you need to know.
So you're just proposing a game where everyone can compete with the best no matter how bad they are? Because that's how your post sounds.

So you're just proposing a game where everyone can compete with the best no matter how bad they are? Because that's how your post sounds.
I want a game that when randomness comes, i have the tools to deal with, whatever the fucking character im playing.
A game with anti airs and fair and coherent frame data is a good start.
I listed the problems that I have with the game....just stop saying that "youre saying that because you loooose"....ramdom shit is ramdom shit.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
You missed Dave’s point entirely, which wasn’t just that good players will win; it’s that when they lose, they’re not losing to inconsistentcy or randomness.

If you think they are, I’d like you to point out at which tournament the top player lost to ‘randomness’ and who it was.

Along those lines, comparing this game to poker is ridiculous.

Some of you guys are now reaching super hard and grasping at straws because you can’t make a detailed logical argument to support these points. Blanket statements like ‘the game is random’ don’t actually describe what’s happening in high-level play.
As someone who plays a lot of Poker, MK11 is not even close. Yeah there’s a lot of skill involved in Poker to be consistently good, but in Poker, an actual complete new player can get lucky and beat a pro. In fact they can get lucky and beat a pro a bunch. That is impossible in really any fighting game. There’s way more luck in poker than ANY competitive video game. That’s why Poker is so popular tbh, one of the reasons at least. The casuals can beat the pros in any given hand, tournament, or otherwise.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
As someone who plays a lot of Poker, MK11 is not even close. Yeah there’s a lot of skill involved in Poker to be consistently good, but in Poker, an actual complete new player can get lucky and beat a pro. In fact they can get lucky and beat a pro a bunch. That is impossible in really any fighting game. There’s way more luck in poker than ANY competitive video game. That’s why Poker is so popular tbh, one of the reasons at least. The casuals can beat the pros in any given hand, tournament, or otherwise.
Is this really true? not trying to be a gerk, I'm genuinely curious. I don't know much about high-level poker, but wouldn't a pro's mindgames and bluffing be leagues above what a new player can manage? Isn't that what would let the pro consistently come out on top?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Stop talking about sfv and comparing it to mk11. Every time its false equivalence. SFV and mk11 are only comparable in one way. Their predecessors had more options in character’s tools which are now limited by design to be more accessible. Everyone knows that’s just the modern fighting game. SFV may be trash compared to its own franchises’ quality but it’s 10/10 compared to NRS quality lately. Dont flatter yourself, MK11 players, this game has more in common with a game of rock, paper scissors. Or Divekick.

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ive been a professional pokerplayer for 7 years and what you say is true, but thats only on small samplesize. The more hands a pro play against a casual, the more edge he gets. Even just how pocket aces is played can be a big difference in winrate.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I've read this a bit on this forum, can someone please explain what makes MK more RPS than any other fighting game? Are they not all based around block beats attacks, throw beats block, attacks beat throws?
See what you have to understand is most of the MK haters are just bad at fighting games but they try so hard to posture that they arent. They really dont know what theyre talking about, they just repeat whatever they hear from the majority like NPC's.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
See what you have to understand is most of the MK haters are just bad at fighting games but they try so hard to posture that they arent. They really dont know what theyre talking about, they just repeat whatever they hear from the majority like NPC's.
You don't see any significance between the fact that alot of top mk9 and mkx players think mk11 is shit? Let's face it, this game had everyone playing every character in the 1st two weeks.... mainly out of boredom

MagicMan357

You don't see any significance between the fact that alot of top mk9 and mkx players think mk11 is shit? Let's face it, this game had everyone playing every character in the 1st two weeks.... mainly out of boredom
Its the same cycle over and over that ive completely exposed. You guys only like the last games because its easier to play when all the tech has been found already, you can not fool me. I actually know how to play mk11 and most of the complaints show how fraudulent these players are who didnt even do the tutorial.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Its the same cycle over and over that ive completely exposed. You guys only like the last games because its easier to play when all the tech has been found already, you can not fool me. I actually know how to play mk11 and most of the complaints show how fraudulent these players are who didnt even do the tutorial.
Step aside top player coming through

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Personally I couldn't stand mkx and didn't force myself to learn it however i don't think anyone would consider spending months or longer learning a character in mk9 then learning 33 matchups to be "easy". I can clearly see you like MK11 but I can't even force myself to WATCH tournament matches because even at the highest level ... The lack of hype is pure desolation and I can't help but feel like MK11 is simply people trying to make the best of a bad situation, just my opinion.

Also, you kinda really didn't even address or answer my post, honestly...like is REO not a top player because he doesn't have good execution or what? (snickers )

MagicMan357

BTW REO trolls you guys so bad and you dont even know it, ive been here since mk9 and im dying laughing. It never changes.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
youre shocked i enjoy the game that people literally asked for? Youre surprised i actually like a game thats mk9 but competent? This community is so weird.
I think it's more like half the people, watering down worse was the exact opposite of what many wanted but feel free to go ahead and educate me ... How can a game where the entire cast is learned so quickly be "good"? Where's the grind, the replay value that inspires you to excel, the DEATH COMBOS lol, the frustrating broken shit that made depth AND was fun to try dealing with?? MK is defined by that horseshit haha

MagicMan357

@AREZ God of War LMFAO you guys always admit that mk11 is better and then try to convince me its not. They fix the horseshit and now it lacks depth, you guys will say anything at this point.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
@AREZ God of War LMFAO you guys always admit that mk11 is better and then try to convince me its not. They fix the horseshit and now it lacks depth, you guys will say anything at this point.
Easy now, I'm not part of "you guys" nonsense... This is my brain alone missing the hype of what used to be an exciting franchise even if i simply like to lay back and watch in my old age