What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Who is the number one Guile online in America?
NoNeedToTalk

Jesus man idk how these people played the game this much. It takes 6 years to find someone and then when you do they be rage quitting, lag, long load times etc. shit you must have had to no life the shit out of this game to reach max rank o.0

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Damn there is 3 different Sanwa denshi sticks on the site and 1 is sold out which is most likely the one I need. I need to do a lil more research. I remember hearing a while ago the TE:2 were not very mode friendly with stuff like K-sticks and hope replacing the joystick wont be a hassle. I wish I would of bought one of those TxSF sticks a couple years ago they were down to like 90$ during tournaments and now I can't find a TE:2 for less then I paid 6 years ago.
I don't think you would have liked the SFxT sticks anyway. Them shits is like 90% plastic and the lever never really felt smooth rotating around the gate. The buttons and stick felt cheap, even though they were technically Sanwa. Like they were made of cheaper plastic or something...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I don't think you would have liked the SFxT sticks anyway. Them shits is like 90% plastic and the lever never really felt smooth rotating around the gate. The buttons and stick felt cheap, even though they were technically Sanwa. Like they were made of cheaper plastic or something...
oh I thought they were just slightly different TE:2 with all the same buttons and stick. Well glad I didn't buy one then, thanks for the heads up.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
oh I thought they were just slightly different TE:2 with all the same buttons and stick. Well glad I didn't buy one then, thanks for the heads up.
No problem.
I had a TE1 for 360 but then I needed a PS3 stick for tournaments. I got the SFxT stick thinking it would be similar. It really wasn't.

The nice thing was that it was lighter and smaller than the TE1, but the Sanwa joystick might have been flawed in mine. It would tend to get stuck a little when pushing left and rotating around the left side. It's come in handy for parts when one one of the buttons went out on the TE1, which I use to play KI on PC.

what about things liek whiffing normals while buffering a special in case u tag your opponents hurtbox.
I mean I don't really consider that an option select but I guess it kinda is, but you literally just described the whole process lol. It's not complicated. You just do a normal into a special, there's no trick to it other than you've gotta do it somewhat fast.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah , I don't really consider that an OS.. just hit your poke/button and so the special move.. so the motion very quickly and that's all there is to it.

I'm certainly not the poster child for it but SF is pretty lenient with confirms any way, so a lot of the time, depending on who you're playing and such, you don't even have to do that, you can hit confirm a single normal in some instances

I have put my stick away. I am now relearning on pad.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah , I don't really consider that an OS.. just hit your poke/button and so the special move.. so the motion very quickly and that's all there is to it.

I'm certainly not the poster child for it but SF is pretty lenient with confirms any way, so a lot of the time, depending on who you're playing and such, you don't even have to do that, you can hit confirm a single normal in some instances

I have put my stick away. I am now relearning on pad.
so theres nothing elselike that to learn then eh? alright,

i was watching sfv vids, and they said u can actually react in time to throw tech....im calling BS, that animation is way to fast.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You're not reacting to the animation of the throw. You react to the situation ie the opponent walking up a little or pausing.
i c, throws are still stupidly fast in this game.

and don't all 3 uppercuts have different immunities now? i know medium uppercut is your anti-air, but what do light and heavy do?

so theres nothing elselike that to learn then eh? alright,

i was watching sfv vids, and they said u can actually react in time to throw tech....im calling BS, that animation is way to fast.
Nah no ones teching throws on reaction to the animation, online or offline. You'd have to see the throw and react with a tech in 4 frames, that's not happening. You can however react to situations in which throws are common, other times it's just a pure guess. No one is teching a karins tick throws on wakeup 100% of the time.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
@FL Rushdown GGs, kinda. My first set I randomed Dhalsim which is.. not someone you can randomly play. Second set the lagg was just batshit so i dipped. My patience for SF is limited right now, so when it pisses me off I have to step away immediately. I dont know why out connection is so fucking wonky. Its super solid about half the time, and total shit the other half./

Anyone else want games?

NHDR

Noob
I do believe Guile is top 5, he single-handedly changes the meta. Which I'm thankful as hell for because the game lacks a true projectile zoner. Also, this character more than any other wrecks the shit out of scrubby play. He will still be very good with the patch, you'll just have to manage bar better.

However, he's definitely not broken or anything. He's just OP for any player who lacks fundamentals and patience.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Can anyone explain the Ken Vs. Bison MU please? Im having a really tough time against Bison since s2, I'd rather fight a Balrog than a Bison atm..

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
thought I'd revisit he Juri matchup with a ft3 against Hsien chang, the only Juri alive

once they give Guile the invincible aa flashkick i won't have to spend meter to aa fast airborne specials like juri's ex flip. the last piece of making the character what he should've been on release

thought I'd revisit he Juri matchup with a ft3 against Hsien chang, the only Juri alive

once they give Guile the invincible aa flashkick i won't have to spend meter to aa fast airborne specials like juri's ex flip. the last piece of making the character what he should've been on release
Juris flip isn't airborne on its active frames. That probably won't help you.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Guile isn't affected by the Shoryuken buffs. Only Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Cammy, and Juri. So, I guess Ibuki, Necalli, and Guile will have the same properties they have now.