What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm still in training trying to find the character that fits. I'm loving Chun's speed and range. Probably gonna go with her. I haven't played online yet, but I'm hearing there are a ton of rage quits lol.

Creepy00

Noob
Perfect Timing. I was about to ask why no one hasn't created a SF5 Discussion Thread as of yet.

Anyways, I see myself spending time in training this whole week. I recently got an arcade stick and I'm struggling in canceling normals into specials consistently.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
I will be picking this up this week. Really gonna be completely new to me. Played SFighter before but never learned. Just button mash style.
Will be playing on controller.

Where would be a good place to do some research on Sfighter in general when it comes to competitive play?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Loving the game so far, I take my ten minutes of server connection at a time to do "story" mode. I'm really bummed you can't accumulate Zenny, or whatever it's called, while offline. So I'm just in training mode with everyone.

Ken could do with some better footsies, but I think he's a zoner now. Which I'm very happy about.

Mika is still disgusting once you get momentum going, reminds me a lot of johnny and grundy. She does really good damage on her mixup of grab vs strike.

Rashid feels so weird to play, but I think he's gonna end up like Hawkgirl and play mobile against zoners, zoning against rushdown, and pressure vs the uneducated.

That's all I've had time for so far, how's everyone else doing?

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I love the spacing tools Laura has. Thunder Clap is great to settle down people who rush down. And QCF MP is nice whiff punisher. QCF HP is nice anti air so is s.MP and s.MK. Her footsies have nice range so she establishes a spacing game especially with Thunder Clap.

Her V-Skill is a pretty cool footsie tool. Has great range. In sure there's more but I only played for like 10 minutes before I went to sleep lol

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Loving it so far. I planned to main Karin but I always liked being a hipster and playing the character no one plays, so Birdie kind of has my heart right now. Hit me up for games anyone.

Also, is anyone else having trouble with CAs? I'm fine if I'm facing left but for some reason when facing right I fuck up like 80% of the time. Had this problem in the beta too... Weird cuz I played SFIV, but the input feels more strict in this one.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Loving it so far. I planned to main Karin but I always liked being a hipster and playing the character no one plays, so Birdie kind of has my heart right now. Hit me up for games anyone.

Also, is anyone else having trouble with CAs? I'm fine if I'm facing left but for some reason when facing right I fuck up like 80% of the time. Had this problem in the beta too... Weird cuz I played SFIV, but the input feels more strict in this one.[/QUOTE
You might want to play someone else since Birdie's real good

Infamous

Banned
These servers are annoying me to no end.

I am loving Karin. "How considerate of you but I just had dinner with the Prime Minister." Lol

She has pretty easy links, some good buttons, and a long range sweep. Her command dash seems pretty good.

Also labbed Cammy and Rashid. Cammy is basically USF4 Cammy lol. Rashid seems really good to me.

HOT_ DNA

UMVC/MKX Player
Marvel is my first game and MKX is my 2nd... This is my first time taking a SF game serious and its "ok".... nothing amazes me so far about it