Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Rickyraws

Rickyraws This mean you don't like me?

PSN:
    Rickyraws_
    XBL:
    Rickyraws
    And here....

We......

G.........

[​IMG]

<You have been disconnected from the server>

All jokes aside, this is the place where you can discuss all things Street Fighter V related.

2. Blade4693

Blade4693 That sounds terrifying!

Anyone here willing to help me learn how to play this game? I mainly only play MK and KI and I just can't get the hang of SF games for some reason lol

3. Eldriken

Eldriken Apokoliptian Overlord
    Forum General Premium Supporter

PSN:
    Eldriken
    Ricky, you're gonna have to be my training buddy. I have no idea what I'm doing. lol

4. ADD ME ROADBLOCK36 / EMPEROR_VISION LET THE BLOOD BATH BEGIN

SoundsLikePAUSE likes this.
  5. TotteryManx

TotteryManx cr. HP Master

I'm still in training trying to find the character that fits. I'm loving Chun's speed and range. Probably gonna go with her. I haven't played online yet, but I'm hearing there are a ton of rage quits lol.

Eldriken likes this.
  6. LpeX

LpeX Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I've put in a good 2 hours but it is fairly challenging, combos are so odd in SF compared to MKX, very fast also.

But I will learn to love it.

AeWhole and Brack1sh like this.
  7. Creepy00

Creepy00 Target rich environment

PSN:
    OCreepyO
    Perfect Timing. I was about to ask why no one hasn't created a SF5 Discussion Thread as of yet.

Anyways, I see myself spending time in training this whole week. I recently got an arcade stick and I'm struggling in canceling normals into specials consistently.

8. oaoo94

oaoo94 Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming

PSN:
    oaoo94
    XBL:
    pandaiscrazy
    I <3 My Brazillian Mami Laura.

9. vcuzzo23

vcuzzo23 Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!

I will be picking this up this week. Really gonna be completely new to me. Played SFighter before but never learned. Just button mash style.
    Will be playing on controller.

Where would be a good place to do some research on Sfighter in general when it comes to competitive play?

Aramonde likes this.
  10. oaoo94

PSN:
    oaoo94
    XBL:
    pandaiscrazy
    Shoryuken.com

11. ChatterBox

ChatterBox Searching for an alt.
    Premium Supporter

Loving the game so far, I take my ten minutes of server connection at a time to do "story" mode. I'm really bummed you can't accumulate Zenny, or whatever it's called, while offline. So I'm just in training mode with everyone.

Ken could do with some better footsies, but I think he's a zoner now. Which I'm very happy about.

Mika is still disgusting once you get momentum going, reminds me a lot of johnny and grundy. She does really good damage on her mixup of grab vs strike.

Rashid feels so weird to play, but I think he's gonna end up like Hawkgirl and play mobile against zoners, zoning against rushdown, and pressure vs the uneducated.

That's all I've had time for so far, how's everyone else doing?

12. Youphemism

Youphemism Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Rashid is mid tier unviable trash

13. Zatoichi

Zatoichi Fabulous Goofball

How big is the day one patch, need to know it asap please.

14. oaoo94

PSN:
    oaoo94
    XBL:
    pandaiscrazy
    I love the spacing tools Laura has. Thunder Clap is great to settle down people who rush down. And QCF MP is nice whiff punisher. QCF HP is nice anti air so is s.MP and s.MK. Her footsies have nice range so she establishes a spacing game especially with Thunder Clap.

Her V-Skill is a pretty cool footsie tool. Has great range. In sure there's more but I only played for like 10 minutes before I went to sleep lol

15. Groove Heaven

Groove Heaven Jobber-baron

Loving it so far. I planned to main Karin but I always liked being a hipster and playing the character no one plays, so Birdie kind of has my heart right now. Hit me up for games anyone.

Also, is anyone else having trouble with CAs? I'm fine if I'm facing left but for some reason when facing right I fuck up like 80% of the time. Had this problem in the beta too... Weird cuz I played SFIV, but the input feels more strict in this one.

16. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

You might want to play someone else since Birdie's real good

aieches likes this.
  17. Infamous

Infamous Banned

These servers are annoying me to no end.

I am loving Karin. "How considerate of you but I just had dinner with the Prime Minister." Lol

She has pretty easy links, some good buttons, and a long range sweep. Her command dash seems pretty good.

Also labbed Cammy and Rashid. Cammy is basically USF4 Cammy lol. Rashid seems really good to me.

18. Invincible Salads

Invincible Salads I wanna go pro!

im gonna needa halp, am 100% streetfighting nub, show me how to streetfighter ;-;

just_2swift likes this.
  19. JJvercetti

JJvercetti Noob

just under 6 gigs

20. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

I can't wait to get home and play this.

aieches likes this.
  21. SylverRye

SylverRye Official Loop Kang Main

So guys, how about that training mode!

22. SylverRye

SylverRye Official Loop Kang Main

Btw i main ken, psn is SylverRye if anyone would like to play once the damn servers "Rise Up".

EdFig81 likes this.
  23. HOT_ DNA

HOT_ DNA UMVC/MKX Player

Marvel is my first game and MKX is my 2nd... This is my first time taking a SF game serious and its "ok".... nothing amazes me so far about it

24. Afk Skinny

Afk Skinny rabbit ears up rabbit paws in rabbit troop forever

PSN:
    Afk_Skinny
    I really wanna use f.a.n.g, but his charge moves seem so awkward to use, idk why

The PantyChrist likes this.
  25. The Death

The Death Sleeping Dragon

Steam:
    ReaayZ
    Who wants to be grappling buddies? Grapp..lli.ng Bud.

ShotgunInsanity likes this.