What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Now one has to fight Luke every match.
True. LOL.

Unsurprisingly, Tokido has already switched from Urien to Luke while many other high level players are exploring Luke as a secondary character.

What is the point of severely nerfing Cammy, Boxer, Kolin, and Urien while keeping Luke more or less the same? I understand that Capcom is trying to advertise Street Fighter 6 through Luke, but no character should dictate the meta of the current product as a result.

Bonehead decision.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Guys, I have a question, which is not directly related to SFV, but partially is. Since SRK is down (I've just noticed that last night) I thought perhaps some of you can help me here. I would like to try get back on to SFV, since we're a year at least before we get SFVI (also with the little faith I have for NRS) I dusted off my SFV TE Arcade Stick I have bought when the game was dropped. Never really got into playing it, since I never played on "home version" of Arcade sticks. for over 10 years of play at the Arcades, we had the stiff American Batt Top shipped with the machines.

Now during the SFIV era I've seen people did modification by replacing the Ball Top, and installing (if I re-call correctly Octagonal gate) to support better input direction, and add some springs to obtain that stiffness. I remember seeing this in SRK + there was some sort of vinyl to print own graphics to replace the stock one. I cant play on this factory settings as it is to soft for me. Even after such a long time not playing on Arcades, I still have that muscle memory to apply heavy move around the stick.

Do we have around here a MOD Guide, or perhaps one of you know what I am talking about and could shed some light on the matter, so that I know what to order?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Saltea Moonspell I would join the Street Fighter 5 Discord channel and ask your question in the tech section.

Street Fighter 5 is nowhere near as demanding as Street Fighter 4 was in terms of execution so I honestly believe that you do not need a stick to play the vast majority of characters, including Nash, whom you should not play, though. A standard PS4 or PS5 pad will do the job.

Saltea Moonspell

@Saltea Moonspell I would join the Street Fighter 5 Discord channel and ask your question in the tech section.

Street Fighter 5 is nowhere near as demanding as Street Fighter 4 was in terms of execution so I honestly believe that you do not need a stick to play the vast majority of characters, including Nash, whom you should not play, though. A standard PS4 or PS5 pad will do the job.
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the feedback - really appreciated.

I have set my eyes my Gill, his meta is a big interest to me. Would you be so kind and share link to the SF5 Discord I could join.
Thanks

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the feedback - really appreciated.

I have set my eyes my Gill, his meta is a big interest to me. Would you be so kind and share link to the SF5 Discord I could join.
Thanks
This link should invite you to the proper channel. I cannot double check because I have been banned for "trolling". LOL. Sensitive mods.

Saltea Moonspell

I have been banned for "trolling". LOL. Sensitive mods.
When you have a an hard object shoved deep into your anus, there is no way to Not be Sensitive - these days, either you follow the mainstream, or you are an easy target.

Thanks for the link, I'll check the discord servers, see whats what.

Saltea Moonspell

Its a common these days.

A lot of people are so strongly associated with internet/metaverse, or whatever you wanna call it, that its almost as tit ts part of their neurological system.
Not too long ago, that phenomena was recognizable as one had his head so far up his butt, he couldnt see straight.

This topic remains debatable in some social environment up till this day. With time, the definition keeps rotating, depends on the perspective.