What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
LOL Urien combo I just saw on a stream

ji.hk, cr.mp, cr. jab ex.HB , Vtrigger close reflector, far reflector, I think double dash while they bounce across them, charge ex fireball and let fly, then I think a shoulder.. I may have missed something in there, but if it works the shoulder hits them as they fall from the reflector bounces and knocks them into like two hits of the fireball and then you dash under them as they fall for a crossup or something. Im too lazy to find the exact inputs, thats just an approximation from seeing the combo. Funny shit, I know that.

EntropicByDesign

I think one of my issues is I like a lot of the characters in this damn game but I am not comfortable on any one for some weird reason. Like, I really like Karin and I have put a little time into her, but I am just super uncomfortable on her. Always nervous and never settled.. Ryu I'm probably the most comfortable on, but i just dont have a huge desire to play him. Bleh.

NERF SHOTOS.... LOL
and dang - look at Mr. F.A.N.G
That's definitely involving players it shouldn't. Uriens high cause low level players don't know the matchup and he can gimmick them super easy. Akumas low because he's hard to use etc. that's definitely not what the actual tiers/matchup numbers look like.

And as an akuma/Urien player there's no way that matchup is anything like a 6-4. It's very even, and the only thing that keeps akuma from running away with it is his low life total.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Did smug just destroy infiltration in the e-league SF 5 invitational?
Yes, yes he did.

The saddest thing about it was when Infiltration fought Balrog out of the corner then immediately backed off because there is no offence

EDIT: Also Cammy j.mp beating Juris DP clean was pretty sad

Last edited:
I have asked my training partner about this but have not received a reply yet so I am gathering more opinions. Can someone explain this to me please.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Hello again Online World Warriors!

This is a reminder that today marks the beginning of the new Capcom Fighters Network PC Beta Test.

Players will be able to help test out the new CFN servers and get a preview of the upcoming Season 2 Balance Updates. For full details on both, check out our previous blogposts here and here. Once again, this new beta test will be limited to Steam users only, but will be completely FREE to play for both current and new players.

Please note, we had previously announced that settings would carryover between Training Mode sessions. This feature is still planned for when the new CFN launches, but will be disabled during the PC Beta. Since the PC beta will only feature online modes, Training Mode will not be testable at this time. We apologize for any confusion. After the jump you will find the full beta schedule.

Several times during the beta test, there will be scheduled server maintenance to ensure everything is running smoothly and so we can apply hotfixes as needed. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we put the new CFN through its paces. Below is a full schedule of when the servers are open for play. All times are listed as Pacific Time (PT) and are subject to change.

3/28 1PM-11:59PM : PC Beta starts and servers open for play

3/29 1PM-11:59PM: Servers open for play

3/30 1PM – 4/3 12:59PM: Servers open for play

EntropicByDesign

I have asked my training partner about this but have not received a reply yet so I am gathering more opinions. Can someone explain this to me please.

Is it that she crossed you up but landed in front?

I dont know if thats a setup she has or maybe just a weird interaction with Gief's big-ass hitbox. Ibuki can do similar shit with her command dash (HK) in the corner.

That's a thing that a lot of characters can do. I know for a fact chun, ibuki, and Karin can do it and there's probably a few others. Used to do it with ryu all the time in sf4. They're usually really strict spacing requirements though so if you know the distances you can predict it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I think Kolin is decent. It's going to take time to flesh her gameplan out.

How do I get the PC Beta? Is there a link somewhere on steam?

Yes it actually crosses up to so you have to block it in reverse and then block regular if they attack after the jump in. It's not a super common SF mechanic but it's been around for ages.
Oh I know, it was just odd to see.
BTW PC users, the Beta is now available to download.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
so gief can stun you with one combo now. Braindead character def needed more comeback factor lul
Needs to have v-trigger activated and can only do it off a neutral jump possibly only on counter hit. Not saying it's fair but it's somewhat circumstantial.