What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Spending meter to get some pressure isn't unheard of especially when antiairs are crazy good in SFV. Bait the divekick, aa it, dp, reversal, v reversal, block, those characters don't have plus on block on CCs really not a big deal. "It should always be my turn after I block a 'mixup'," Looking at things in absolutes isn't good in fgs it's about context

Did you consider every character with a plus on block CC has no true reversal besides Chun

Last edited:
Spending meter to get some pressure isn't unheard of especially when antiairs are crazy good in SFV. Bait the divekick, aa it, dp, reversal, v reversal, block, those characters don't have plus on block on CCs really not a big deal. "It should always be my turn after I block a 'mixup'," Looking at things in absolutes isn't good in fgs it's about context
ok. Who are you and what have you done with shazzy. Do I need to alert the authorities? Is he alive at least?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I was talking about + on block armored launchers, like crystaline tremor. It was definitely the + frames that made people salty.

I don't think Mika and Chun would need any compensation if they made those CC's between 0 and -2 on block. Mika can keep her charged one. Bison, I think would be fine without it. He's got plus frames all over the place.

Edit: Plus on block divekicks are Cammy and Ken. Forgot to say that.
I'll just agree to disagree on what exactly made everyone salty about + on block armor.

My other thing is if you take away the plus on block CC you start homogenizing everyone's approach. Which would make it harder to give a reason to pick a character over another. I think this would be especially noticeable with Bison. Nothing remotely scary/rewarding on block so it's even more st.MP and lights from him. I think the characters that have + CCs now are fine especially given the certain situations that they're used in.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Idk of any kds that guarantee meaty ccs that cover both techs or off resets that don't involve being conditioned. Unless we're talking off St. Jab antiairs which I already hate so. The paths to pressure with these buttons options is a risk and there options for every character afterwards > V reversal.

I don't even think it's a big deal in practice since the guaranteed followups if you block them are pretty limited plus the setup it takes to get you in that situation.
I believe command grabs can't be back teched, only regular tech or no tech.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I believe command grabs can't be back teched, only regular tech or no tech.
I already know who gets real oki after a command grab that makes her plus CC a threat and it's Mika which among other reasons is why nobody likes her. But that's it

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Did you consider every character with a plus on block CC has no true reversal besides Chun
AA's are not that good in SFV. There is a reason why my jaw dropped when I saw Dieminion aa Ken's ex divekick with FANGs cr.FP. Either you have an invincible DP or Cammy and Ken basically get a free mixup whenever they have a bar.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
AA's are not that good in SFV. There is a reason why my jaw dropped when I saw Dieminion aa Ken's ex divekick with FANGs cr.FP. Either you have an invincible DP or Cammy and Ken basically get a free mixup whenever they have a bar.
how many different buttons

ken

cammy

he has more aas too

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Anti-airing something under controlled conditions in training mode doesn't mean anything. Under controlled conditions in training mode I can react to Nashs forward dash...

Can Chun do the fireball crossup setups that Juri can? I don't know if anyone got the anti fireball game Juri has. Doesn't Juri have some target combo that launches that she can use to reset?

I only dabbled in Cammy so I can't comment on how Juri gameplan works but I don't see those 3 original characters playing alike.
Those are Juri specific but when it boils down to it can you even use them? Target combo only hits standing, you aren't charging her v-skill against fireball characters and a crush counter sweep set-up that you need to prerequisite a store for

Last edited:
Anti-airing something under controlled conditions in training mode doesn't mean anything. Under controlled conditions in training mode I can react to Nashs forward dash...
I've seen so much anti-airing in all major tournaments and everywhere else bro, this game has a super strong AA use. This is the reason why you generally have to think more to get in than say mkx.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
thats nice myles
He's right. There's no way you would get even 50% of the aa's you hit there in a real match. First of all, you did MAX height divekicks, which nobody does. Then you picked a nice distance to set up your button. Do you think that's going to happen in a real match. You can't react to jump in vs. anti air in a real match. You can only invincible DP or pick one that covers both, like mash jab.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
ur ability to antiair something doesnt make it any less possible i dont want to have another ken cr mk xx ca confirm situation

the end

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
ur ability to antiair something doesnt make it any less possible i dont want to have another ken cr mk xx ca confirm situation
the end
I just said AA's aren't that good in this game, which many people agree with. I never said that it was impossible. I could show you 50 Kazunoko, Xiao Hai, and Poongko matches that if we added up all the times an ex divekick or v-trigger divekick were anti-aired, it would be less than 5%. I bet all of them would be invincible DP's too.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
29:06 ImStillDaDaddy vs Ryan Hart: Watch the anti-airs and watch the disregard for it because they mean nothing

I've seen so much anti-airing in all major tournaments and everywhere else bro, this game has a super strong AA use. This is the reason why you generally have to think more to get in than say mkx.
There's 15,16f dashes teleporting characters halfway across the screen into plus frames or throws in this game. It isn't far off MKX, some might say it's worse

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Daigo 3-35 anti-airing divekicks. That's 8.5%. If this were baseball, he'd be a .085 hitter. Daigo the scrub.

the end
I'm a low level SF 5 player, I anti-air 95% of the time when I play all my friends at home or in activities center at work, against awful players, but the point being is that if I can do it, ANYONE can.

29:06 ImStillDaDaddy vs Ryan Hart: Watch the anti-airs and watch the disregard for it because they mean nothing

There's 15,16f dashes teleporting characters halfway across the screen into plus frames or throws in this game. It isn't far off MKX, some might say it's worse
I have told you for months how AA'ing is really strong in this game, given you examples and what not, so do you think there's no risk for jump ins? Ofcourse there is, timing is key, even with invincible DP's timing matters. As for your MK comment, honestly the only people that would agree with you is people who know which game is more a guessing 50/50 game and try to reach and defend how pretry unfair sometimes a game can be. Let's not kid ourselves man the two games are so different, I will not critic any of the two games because I love them both, but im seriously thinking you work for nrs. That's really the only thing that I think can make you critique sf5 yet compare it to an even more unbalanced game. How many times have you seen Xian switch to a stronger character in SF 5 because he was getting his ass beat?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm a low level SF 5 player, I anti-air 95% of the time when I play all my friends at home or in activities center at work, against awful players, but the point being is that if I can do it, ANYONE can.

I have told you for months how AA'ing is really strong in this game, given you examples and what not, so do you think there's no risk for jump ins? Ofcourse there is, timing is key, even with invincible DP's timing matters. As for your MK comment, honestly the only people that would agree with you is people who know which game is more a guessing 50/50 game and try to reach and defend how pretry unfair sometimes a game can be. Let's not kid ourselves man the two games are so different, I will not critic any of the two games because I love them both, but im seriously thinking you work for nrs. That's really the only thing that I think can make you critique sf5 yet compare it to an even more unbalanced game. How many times have you seen Xian switch to a stronger character in SF 5 because he was getting his ass beat?
this is why i dont choose to discuss it. it doesnt matter to me how they cant antiair, people have different standards whatever. thank god for the people who dont let "top players" decide what is possible to do and what isnt otherwise we wouldnt have rashid, fangs, and zangiefs making top 32 at evo with mentalities like that, you know?

this is why i dont choose to discuss it. it doesnt matter to me how they cant antiair, people have different standards whatever. thank god for the people who dont let "top players" decide what is possible to do and what isnt otherwise we wouldnt have rashid, fangs, and zangiefs making top 32 at evo with mentalities like that, you know?
I agree, and after reading these "no good AA in SF5" to "take away everyone's universal AA jab that works everytime" comments then it can really confuse someone who's never played sf. Jump ins aren't free here guys.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
So if anti-airs are good according to you two, is jumping bad in SFV?

When characters some can get rounds off landing a jump-in the risk that others deal to them for jumping is in no way enough.

Ken, Necalli, R.Mika etc will jump at you 2, 3x in a row until one works and then win; they'll jump at you and if you are waiting because you think they'll jump again they have already dashed across screen at you and now you are guessing. It is madness

Last edited: