What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Not sure about AMD, but nVidia has Shadowplay as part of its GeForce Experience software.

If you want a specific player to see the replay, you could just message them the replay ID.
Yeah i thought about using shadow play but it seemed like a pain and I have never used it before. I did not know you could watch replays by a ID#. I mainly wanted to start uploading some matches for in certain situations in match ups.

Anyone up for some games tonight?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah i thought about using shadow play but it seemed like a pain and I have never used it before. I did not know you could watch replays by a ID#. I mainly wanted to start uploading some matches for in certain situations in match ups.

Anyone up for some games tonight?
m8 are you on

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm beginning to doubt Juri. Outside of liking the character I don't know why anyone would use her and purposely make their life more difficult over Cammy, Karin or Chun-Li because they are basically just straight upgrades

Her neutral is weaker than those 3 characters yet her offense is weaker as well. It makes no sense Combofiend. This character can't pressure you after a throw in the corner but Chun-Li is pressuring after a throw midscreen?

Last edited:
I'm beginning to doubt Juri. Outside of liking the character I don't know why anyone would use her and purposely make their life more difficult over Cammy, Karin or Chun-Li because they are basically just straight upgrades

Her neutral is weaker than those 3 characters yet her offense is weaker as well. It makes no sense Combofiend. This character can't pressure you after a throw in the corner but Chun-Li is pressuring after a throw midscreen?
hah. I said a week. Look what fucking day it is.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
hah. I said a week. Look what fucking day it is.
It's the SFV dc curse. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about a dlc character coming in and thinking they can contest with the broken characters Capcom put in this game that play by their own rules

Juri isn't a bad character, neither is Ibuki or F.A.N.G but either they aren't good enough or the top tier is too good

It's the SFV dc curse. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about a dlc character coming in and thinking they can contest with the broken characters Capcom put in this game that play by their own rules

Juri isn't a bad character, neither is Ibuki or F.A.N.G but either they aren't good enough or the top tier is too good
Myles, quit playing man. You'd complain about this kinda stuff no matter what character you play. I'm just glad you didn't decide to main chun so I don't have to hear you whine about how your damage is low and how you have to work hard to win.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Myles, quit playing man. You'd complain about this kinda stuff no matter what character you play. I'm just glad you didn't decide to main chun so I don't have to hear you whine about how your damage is low and how you have to work hard to win.
I'm complaining because it is unfair. There's a double standard with this games balancing and I can't wait for it be completely revamped in season 2

I'm complaining because it is unfair. There's a double standard with this games balancing and I can't wait for it be completely revamped in season 2
what isn't fair? The concept of tiers? The game is pretty well balanced and pretty much every character is making top 8s. The good players are winning with whatever character they choose.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
EU CPT Ranking Event https://www.twitch.tv/electronicdojo

what isn't fair? The concept of tiers? The game is pretty well balanced and pretty much every character is making top 8s. The good players are winning with whatever character they choose.
The fact that my reads are worth less than my opponents is what makes it unfair. My reads are worth less because the combos aren't giving me looping meaty pressure on knockdown and the reads are harder because I don't have a command grab or meaty pressure after a throw

Last edited:
EU CPT Ranking Event https://www.twitch.tv/electronicdojo

The fact that my reads are worth less than my opponents is what makes it unfair. My reads are worth less because the combos aren't giving me looping meaty pressure on knockdown and the reads are harder because I don't have a command grab or meaty pressure after a throw
no character has guaranteed pressure and meaties in every matchup, and not all characters are supposed to be played the same way. If you're losing games it's because of YOUR limitations not your characters. People are out there winning majors and beating professionals with every character.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You can't help watching Chun-Li and thinking about why she has sooo much and why Juri has so little.

Where is Juris active for 5 frames plus on block crush counter?
Where is Juris plus on block meterless divekick?
Where is Juris pressure after a throw 'midscreen'?
Where is Juris instant V-reversal?
Where is Juris...

The list could go on forever. Her 2 bar V-trigger is better than Feng shui engine smh

no character has guaranteed pressure and meaties in every matchup, and not all characters are supposed to be played the same way. If you're losing games it's because of YOUR limitations not your characters. People are out there winning majors and beating professionals with every character.
You can choose to believe that. In reality you get hit, guess wrong twice and lose; how did you get hit? Likely a random jump or dash

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can't help watching Chun-Li and thinking about why she has sooo much and why Juri has so little.

Where is Juris pressure after a throw 'midscreen'?
Where is Juris instant V-reversal?
Where is Juris...

The list could go on forever. Her 2 bar V-trigger is better than Feng shui engine smh

You can choose to believe that. In reality you get hit, guess wrong twice and lose; how did you get hit? Likely a random jump or dash
Why do you keep playing SFV?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Plus on block divekicks and Crush Counters are the equivalent of plus on block armored launchers in MKX. I have to agree with you on these points.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Plus on block divekicks and Crush Counters are the equivalent of plus on block armored launchers in MKX. I have to agree with you on these points.
Plus on block armor = being able to go throw any attack/throw as long as there isn't a quick second second hit. Then being able pressure with the risk of your opponent using an armor move. It's more like having SRK FADC. Unless the startup is really long they're all used with the same general purpose.

Plus on block crush counters don't have armor nor are invincible so they can't be used to blow through you're opponents offense, they actually have differing properties and different uses.
  • Mika's F+HP is +2 but is used really close.
  • Bison's df+HP (+1) has range and st.HK (+3) has a quick startup but with his slow walkspeed those take proper spacing or a knockdown.
I don't see how those two are the same.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
All I want is equality and things to make sense. Chun-Li has no business eating all the cake when Juri is sitting at the end of the table hungry

Plus on block armor = being able to go throw any attack/throw as long as there isn't a quick second second hit. Then being able pressure with the risk of your opponent using an armor move. It's more like having SRK FADC. Unless the startup is really long they're all used with the same general purpose.

Plus on block crush counters don't have armor nor are invincible so they can't be used to blow through you're opponents offense, they actually have differing properties and different uses.
  • Mika's F+HP is +2 but is used really close.
  • Bison's df+HP (+1) has range and st.HK (+3) has a quick startup but with his slow walkspeed those take proper spacing or a knockdown.
I don't see how those two are the same.
srk fade were all punishable though.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Hasn't Chun been a top character in SF besides 4?
It isn't about Chun-Li being good and I remember her being one of the best in SFxT. If Juri sucked but was unique I could only complain about her being a bad character; right now I'm complaining about her not being a good enough character and her gameplay being uninspired

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It isn't about Chun-Li being good and I remember her being one of the best in SFxT. If Juri sucked but was unique I could only complain about her being a bad character; right now I'm complaining about her not being a good enough character and her gameplay being uninspired
I meant to type more to that question but got distracted and lost my train of thought. Something about how "Capcom always making SF a certain way" but forget it.

What's all the cake chun is eating and why do you find Juri uninspired?