What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

I don't have a problem with the v-skill / v-trigger system. It's basically an X factor cancel with properties for movesets that aren't universal.

At first I thought I'd rather have FADC for cancel options to make specials safe, but this is pretty good in leiu of that. Your use of v gauge varying from character to character isn't a bad thing imo. Like characters without good reversal options tend to use it more for V-reversals instead of the trigger as an example. V gauge having the same use for everyone would feel kinda lazy I guess. Since it has multiple uses: reversals, hit confirming into big damage, reducing recovery frames, random popping it in neutral, etc... I feel like it adds layers to the game, which is well received from me since this game is so basic otherwise.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Zangief players are masochists.
You'll body them in the most humiliating, disrespectful way and they'll always rematch.
Well yeah, what other reason would someone play Zangief other than they love getting their ass kicked?

Alex players are also masochists too haha.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So I got a sort of rant, who knows. It's about NASH.

So I've been facing @B. Shazzy Nash a lot recently and right now it feels like a character where I don't play Street Fighter, I play the NASH game. Meaning that I've switched to 3 different characters and it feels like I'm just dealing with whatever NASH does in 3 different ways. Like when I face some other characters, it feels like there are moments where I'm sending signals and my opponent tries to decode it and deal with it. Then there are moments where my opponent sends signals and I try to decode it then deal with. But with NASH it feels like he is always sending the signals. Of course it changes if I happen to have the life lead and now NASH has to try whatever it takes to take it back. Does anyone have some tips for fighting NASH (universal or using Mika, F.A.N.G, or Ken)? And I mean more than "AA jaguar kick", like maybe some technical actual MU type stuff. I think I fair the best with Ken but I feel like F.A.N.G might be capable just to got to really flesh out what to do when in ever possible situation. Sucks cause I'm still learning the flow of the character itself.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Started playing Mika, she's so fun but I feel getting good with her takes a lot of time and a lot of practice.
Jump or dropkick. That's pretty much her mix up, then command grab or go for a combo into a setup. Easy execution, but I feel like only Marn can do work with her despite her ease of use.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The thing with Mika is that you have to be really patient getting in but once you have V-trigger or manage to get in it turns heavily in her favor.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

So I've been facing @B. Shazzy Nash a lot recently and right now it feels like a character where I don't play Street Fighter, I play the NASH game. Meaning that I've switched to 3 different characters and it feels like I'm just dealing with whatever NASH does in 3 different ways. Like when I face some other characters, it feels like there are moments where I'm sending signals and my opponent tries to decode it and deal with it. Then there are moments where my opponent sends signals and I try to decode it then deal with. But with NASH it feels like he is always sending the signals. Of course it changes if I happen to have the life lead and now NASH has to try whatever it takes to take it back. Does anyone have some tips for fighting NASH (universal or using Mika, F.A.N.G, or Ken)? And I mean more than "AA jaguar kick", like maybe some technical actual MU type stuff. I think I fair the best with Ken but I feel like F.A.N.G might be capable just to got to really flesh out what to do when in ever possible situation. Sucks cause I'm still learning the flow of the character itself.
Can you give examples?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
look in that mika video Karin doesn't start with full health, she has the lowest hp in the game and her stun is worse than average. that damage looks like an average necali combo to me

Aramonde

Noob
OMG I HATE THE THROW SYSTEM IN THIS FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!
LOL I was salty when i posted this because i get thrown all the time in so many situations and i can never throw or tech anyone myself. For me it seems i have to be humping the opponent to throw them. I can never throw anybody on their wake up, they either hit me out or i whiff. But its the exact opposite of all that when they try and throw me. When I try to tech nope to slow, seems like its 1 frame in this game. Try to hit them out never works with any type of hit.

Idk im just getting really frustrated trying to play SFV. The highest i got in ranked was barely getting into bronze but now im around 500ish LP. I haven't played the game in a while and have just been playing MKX. I like this game but want to throw my controller at the wall everytime when i play online.

In my best Tom Brady impersonation -ITS FRUSTRATING! PLAYING STREET FIGHTER 5! XD

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
LOL I was salty when i posted this because i get thrown all the time in so many situations and i can never throw or tech anyone myself. For me it seems i have to be humping the opponent to throw them. I can never throw anybody on their wake up, they either hit me out or i whiff. But its the exact opposite of all that when they try and throw me. When I try to tech nope to slow, seems like its 1 frame in this game. Try to hit them out never works with any type of hit.

Idk im just getting really frustrated trying to play SFV. The highest i got in ranked was barely getting into bronze but now im around 500ish LP. I haven't played the game in a while and have just been playing MKX. I like this game but want to throw my controller at the wall everytime when i play online.

In my best Tom Brady impersonation -ITS FRUSTRATING! PLAYING STREET FIGHTER 5! XD
Have you ever tried deleting SFV from your PS4 just to re-download it like 2 hours later, after you get bored of Diablo? I heard it works for Tom Brady. Also you can try hitting your monitor and screaming while cursing everyone.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

Take a look at our last few matches. see what worked and what you struggled with and lab the sitaution for options . Check Nash's frame data and yes antiair me more

There is no secret tech

Last edited:

You cant really play defensive or neutral vs Nash because he wins in those areas. You just have to make a read, then knock him down and kill him to death because hes only bad when hes laying on the ground.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@buyacushun use your resources more for things like ex air tatsu, don't let Nash do moves into moonsault and don't throw fireballs at Nash for a start. Also maybe you normally do but you weren't getting combos out of your hits.