What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I can never watch tournaments for too long before I just have to play . . . :/
Anyone tryna fight Mika, F.A.N.G, Ken, or Necalli (my weakest character. Just feeling him out right now)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I can never watch tournaments for too long before I just have to play . . . :/
Anyone tryna fight Mika, F.A.N.G, Ken, or Necalli (my weakest character. Just feeling him out right now)
Prolly me later. I play birdie. Thats really it lol. I touched bison but he feels weird for me lol

Lokheit

Noob
Something I want to ask to SFV players: How are you feeling about the V-Skill/V-Trigger system?

It's probably the biggest thing keeping me away from getting the game because I don't like how irregular it is from one character to the other, in some cases the skill is related to the trigger, in other cases it's completly random and unrelated and you wonder why that's the v-skill or the v-trigger then some characters have the same kind of abilities through special moves.

It might be me liking to have "structured mechanics" but I really don't like the way it changes its behaviour so much from one character to another... I guess it would be fine if there were just the V-Trigger bar with the same triggers and no V-Skill (or just any special move counting for the V-Bar) I just don't like how "randomly assigned" it looks like when you see what v-skills and v-triggers do.

So I wanted to know some opinions on it from players already playing it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Something I want to ask to SFV players: How are you feeling about the V-Skill/V-Trigger system?

It's probably the biggest thing keeping me away from getting the game because I don't like how irregular it is from one character to the other, in some cases the skill is related to the trigger, in other cases it's completly random and unrelated and you wonder why that's the v-skill or the v-trigger then some characters have the same kind of abilities through special moves.

It might be me liking to have "structured mechanics" but I really don't like the way it changes its behaviour so much from one character to another... I guess it would be fine if there were just the V-Trigger bar with the same triggers and no V-Skill (or just any special move counting for the V-Bar) I just don't like how "randomly assigned" it looks like when you see what v-skills and v-triggers do.

I feel it mostly fits each character's playstyle/personality quite well. I'm personally enjoying it. Just think of V-skills as another characters special move and V-trigger being a character's comeback mechanic (Like ultra's from SF4). I don't feel it's "random" in any way really. And it's a nice twist to further enhance each character without drastically changing a lot.

I don't know if you tried it already. But play the game for a day and really try to dive into it and pick a main. It's not as jarring and disjointed as you may think it is.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM

did you play injustice? it's basically trait -ish.

edit: in an overly simplified, gross generalization sort of way :-P

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

I like it. It feels injustice-y. And most v skills and triggers i find really useful. Like birdies skill i find really good even though they are slow. Banana is like an ice clone. Can lets me approach and make ppl react(or not) and i get pressure. V triggers are kewl. Like a less bs factor

Lokheit

Noob
did you play injustice? it's basically trait -ish.

edit: in an overly simplified, gross generalization sort of way :-P
The problem I have mostly is not that is "trait-ish" but that some characters look like theirs aren't related at all with their trigger. Is motly a "why using this skill is what fills the trigger bar when they're so different things".

For example Dhalsim skill is levitating and his trigger is creating a bed of fire. Nash skill is absorbing projectiles and his trigger is a teleport (something other characters can do as special power, but that's not the main point). Mika gets the mic to empower her next grab and her trigger is summoning her tag partner...

Then you have characters where it makes more sense to relate their skill and their trigger, like FANG throwing non-stuning poison as a skill and creating a poison cloud as a trigger or Zangief's trigger being a better version of his skill.

It's this disparity about what that bar is supposed to be for each character and why those skills were chosen to be the ones contributing to the v-bar.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The problem I have mostly is not that is "trait-ish" but that some characters look like theirs aren't related at all with their trigger. Is motly a "why using this skill is what fills the trigger bar when they're so different things".

For example Dhalsim skill is levitating and his trigger is creating a bed of fire. Nash skill is absorbing projectiles and his trigger is a teleport (something other characters can do as special power, but that's not the main point). Mika gets the mic to empower her next grab and her trigger is summoning her tag partner...

Then you have characters where it makes more sense to relate their skill and their trigger, like FANG throwing non-stuning poison as a skill and creating a poison cloud as a trigger or Zangief's trigger being a better version of his skill.

It's this disparity about what that bar is supposed to be for each character and why those skills were chosen to be the ones contributing to the v-bar.

Kinda seems like your nit picking for reasons to dislike the game.

The v trigger and v skill system works wonderfully IMO. I believe it's more about effectiveness and less about lore of the character.

Plus pretty lady leatherface throws fucking chainsaws.. Wtf is that? Lol

Well if their vskill and vTrigger were related all too much then what would be the point of having two? Diversity is good and it just adds to the game mixups play. Nash can teleport with vTrigger and dhalsim without, well, that's the point, being able to use your vskill/vtrigger how you feel is better under what circumstances. I'd really recommend you buying it, it's definetely an awesome fighter. Might be a bit too addicting lol.

Lokheit

Noob
I guess it can be borderline OCD and nitpicky on my part, just wanted to know if it felt out of place or not so thanks guys for the feedback. Still I might wait a bit until the price drops if I get it. To be honest I was really hyped about what they did with Nash even though there are many characters that I couldn't care less about (the thing about Tekken and SF franchises is there are too many characters that are completly unnecesary for the main story and lore) and I also like some of the others that made the cut from my childhood expeience with SSF2T.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
V-skill and V-trigger are the only mechanics keeping this game interesting at all. I feel it would be pretty bland without them and how different they are for each character.