What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
For example Dhalsim skill is levitating and his trigger is creating a bed of fire. Nash skill is absorbing projectiles and his trigger is a teleport (something other characters can do as special power, but that's not the main point). Mika gets the mic to empower her next grab and her trigger is summoning her tag partner...

Then you have characters where it makes more sense to relate their skill and their trigger, like FANG throwing non-stuning poison as a skill and creating a poison cloud as a trigger or Zangief's trigger being a better version of his skill.
The more offense oriented Dhalsim gets even more maneuverability. Giving a character with neutral dominating tools the power to coat an area of the ground in a DoT is very fitting. Gives some more damage potential and some way to be threatening besides teleporting on knockdown.

Nash imo just has a bunch of tools he can throw at you and try to control the match. His teleport functions differently than Dhalsim (locations) and he is a much faster character. According to Daigo, Nash's V-trigger makes him play ryu as if he didn't have fireball. More fireballs thrown, means more easy V-trigger for Nash, means more teleport shenanigans to either use as an escape (his only other good reversal tool costing meter) or as a mixup (which compliments his sonic boom speeds).

It's like complaining about Ryu being able to throw a fireball when he doesn't do anything else energy wise. It's just a tool the comepletes the game style package that is Ryu. So I think you should just look at it all together instead of dissecting each V-skill/trigger independently.

Sure some of them are harder to use (Mika) or seemingly useless when trying to get V-trigger (chun). But so far I think it's balancing out because both those characters have very powerful V-triggers. The system could probably be a bit better, but I think it does of good job refreshing the whole cast while still keeping everything rooted in tradition.

The more offense oriented Dhalsim gets even more maneuverability. Giving a character with neutral dominating tools the power to coat an area of the ground in a DoT is very fitting. Gives some more damage potential and some way to be threatening besides teleporting on knockdown.

Nash imo just has a bunch of tools he can throw at you and try to control the match. His teleport functions differently than Dhalsim (locations) and he is a much faster character. According to Daigo, Nash's V-trigger makes him play ryu as if he didn't have fireball. More fireballs thrown, means more easy V-trigger for Nash, means more teleport shenanigans to either use as an escape (his only other good reversal tool costing meter) or as a mixup (which compliments his sonic boom speeds).

It's like complaining about Ryu being able to throw a fireball when he doesn't do anything else energy wise. It's just a tool the comepletes the game style package that is Ryu. So I think you should just look at it all together instead of dissecting each V-skill/trigger independently.

Sure some of them are harder to use (Mika) or seemingly useless when trying to get V-trigger (chun). But so far I think it's balancing out because both those characters have very powerful V-triggers. The system could probably be a bit better, but I think it does of good job refreshing the whole cast while still keeping everything rooted in tradition.
So Nash is a headache for Ryu generally speaking? I'm waiting until infiltration plays Daigo in a tournament. I want to see how daigo does but if I recall correctly tokido is the best Ryu player right now so infil would probably win if faced right now.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Any of you guys know a way I can reset during training mode with a fightpad? Hate to just stop and wait for the super to finish.

Any of you guys know a way I can reset during training mode with a fightpad? Hate to just stop and wait for the super to finish.
Not sure on a fightpad, but on ds4 there's the setting in training mode where you just push on the left analog stick and it resets, but I'm sure you already know but just in case bro.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Does anyone here play chun li and would be able to let me know any weaknesses she has that I could exploit my homie chun is super legit having a tough time getting consistent wins against him I know she's considered top

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So Nash is a headache for Ryu generally speaking? I'm waiting until infiltration plays Daigo in a tournament. I want to see how daigo does but if I recall correctly tokido is the best Ryu player right now so infil would probably win if faced right now.
NO MU talk was in that post. Just making a point about how I see the V system to help accentuate, compliment, and compete a character's toolset. That's all.

If you can set a button to L3 on your pad, that's the way to do it.

Does anyone here play chun li and would be able to let me know any weaknesses she has that I could exploit my homie chun is super legit having a tough time getting consistent wins against him I know she's considered top
You should always say who your character is when asking for MU help.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She doesn't have a real weakness. Without meter she doesn't have a reversal so go ham when she doesn't have meter but she is great at building meter anyways lol.

NO MU talk was in that post. Just making a point about how I see the V system to help accentuate, compliment, and compete a character's toolset. That's all.

If you can set a button to L3 on your pad, that's the way to do it.

You should always say who your character is when asking for MU help.
Yea I later figured that you were explaining the v system. And anyways Ryu>Nash.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Her overhead is slow so you can interrupt it with jabs and other normals. Or just block it. If he's doing instant air legs, find a button that anti airs it because it actually gets beat by alot of normals. It's harder to react to that though.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Like mentioned already, her overhead Sen'enshu flip kick is easily punishable, with a startup of 26 frames and 15 frames of recovery.

In addition, if she doesn't have meter, she doesn't have a good wakeup option, aside from EX Spinning Bird Kick, and that can be read fairly easily. Her fireball is also a charge, so she's not winning a zoning battle, although Chun-Li players such as myself have the option of using her C.MP to slide under projectiles.

Hopefully that helps you out a bit.

If you need a Chun to face, I've got no problem in helping out. CFN is lionheart21.

Last edited: