What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Lel good one

You know defending is a lot harder without a scrub-trigger/reversal that flies you right out of there

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
listen all im gonna say is if you thought that azz beating i gave you was real in that connection....

see me at evo where online can't save you from playing on the ground mate

HeroesNZ

Look at Shaz acting like I didn't win before he lag-switched me and rage quitted

At one point it was like you had Chun's V-Trigger the way everything was hitting twice

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
look at this point mods should really consider renaming this thread " i got my azz beat by shazzy survivor stories"

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yea Deejay was fun even in ssf2, but I disagree about charging characters winning over motion characters, maybe after ssf2 since I stopped after that but before that I don't recall any charge character being too strong, Guile though was strong as hell but even he was second to Ryu and Sagat, Sagat used to kill Guile because of the low fast fireballs I recall. But yea I would love sagat, Akuma and fei long to be brought back.
By "win" I meant more that that charge would have more control in the fireball game. And I was talking about SF4 and mostly about guile. But I forgot about Sagat and his nasty fireball game. I don't know too much about how SF4 MUs played out to really talk about it.

Indeed lol im not home anymore buut whats your bedtime? If you can we can play later.
I can play most of the time later on in the evenings. I've been on a lot recently and it'll increase once the semester is over.

@usedcarsalesmang We really posting ultra bronze highlights my dude?

@B. Shazzy Everyone knows NASH is one of the easiest characters to use in the game. Guile level projectiles with easy offense and a teleport? Baby mode.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
When Guile comes out i'll show you the meaning of charge with a good old fashion ass woopin! need to play again Scott sort it out.
Oh it's on my friend, mirror match it is lmao. We do need to play again Jim, I'll message you next time I see you online and you can get back to me if you're not playing anybody :)

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
By "win" I meant more that that charge would have more control in the fireball game. And I was talking about SF4 and mostly about guile. But I forgot about Sagat and his nasty fireball game. I don't know too much about how SF4 MUs played out to really talk about it.

I can play most of the time later on in the evenings. I've been on a lot recently and it'll increase once the semester is over.

@usedcarsalesmang We really posting ultra bronze highlights my dude?

@B. Shazzy Everyone knows NASH is one of the easiest characters to use in the game. Guile level projectiles with easy offense and a teleport? Baby mode.
more like get babied when you fight my god mode nash you mean

if we're talking about easy characters to play there's way more characters on the top of that list before you get to nash including ken and mika

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Anyone struggling with Nash go learn to time your meaties for frame 1, and then just tick throw him to death on wakeup. Once its established that he cant use V trigger or get off the ground they will probably resort to wake up super at which point you have like 10 seconds worth of animation to pull your ethernet cable out or open the disk tray and escape without losing points.

Take a look at our last few matches. see what worked and what you struggled with and lab the sitaution for options . Check Nash's frame data and yes antiair me more

There is no secret tech

Nash frame data.

Everything is plus. Done.

We're really debating which characters are hard to use in this game? spoiler alert. NO ONE is hard to use in this game. Although, the suggestion that Nash is harder to play than anyone is pretty hilarious. Wish I had 6 plus on block normals and safe on block specials. that'd be neat.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Take a look at our last few matches. see what worked and what you struggled with and lab the sitaution for options . Check Nash's frame data and yes antiair me more

There is no secret tech

no footsies

lots of dashsies

no anti air

no counterhits

no baiting

no meaties

wakeup hadouken vs meaty booms

no blocking

no hit confirming

no empty jumping

nothing

HeroesNZ

Guise if you want to know how to beat Nash just look at me and Shaz's games

I didn't even know the MU tbh

Woah Qwark with the blow-up, dayum

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Guise if you want to know how to beat Nash just look at me and Shaz's games

I didn't even know the MU tbh

Woah Qwark with the blow-up, dayum
If I don't judge based on what should be done then how will anyone ever learn? It's pretty much a large list of what to learn.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Keep dipping in and out of ultra gold with alex. I have a really bad habit of running back all matches just because I want to play. Losing once vs an ultra silver is like 160 points or some shit.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah a runback on a lower rank is not worth it imo, if you win you won't even get all your points back and if they win you'll lose like 140+ points..

Also, all this about what character is baby mode is pretty dumb considering how every character in this game is stupidly simple.
Nash is simple, compared to who? Who's complex in this game I'm curious, coz imo outside of Mika's crazy corner nonsense everyone is more or less in the same complexity level with maybe Fang as an outlier (coz he sucks).

I always run back when I get blown up. I feel like one match against good competition and getting stomped isn't enough to let me try to figure out what I did wrong. I almost always do better the 2nd time around.

I wish I had enough LP to always play against good players though. Seems like every time I log in, it just goes down by like 600 from when I stopped last time for no reason. Then I have to play against 10 mashy Kens before I get back enough LP to play someone who is actually trying.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you lose to a lower rank, outside of lag, it means that you can work on whatever got you killed.

I lost 250 pts from 5,9 to 5,6k LP to a laura because I wasn't doing sonic boom feints and got punished with armour on reaction. Now I know.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I have nothing positive to say about this game so I don't say anything. When Juri comes out hopefully she functions properly and has the most basic things incorporated into her gameplay like actually being able to hurt people...
You better stay away from Juribae. SHE WON'T BE DOWNPLAYED BY YOU, YOU HEARD ME?

Last edited: