What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

everyone needs to give up ranked at the current state, after seeing this I bet 90% of all current gold-platinum players are cheaters - either RQtters or doing this method to never lose any points
this is sad and Ive no clue how this works
backdash_luffy with his 400+ win streak did the same, he lost so many times, but none of the losses were counted on his profile, his points remained the same even if he loses without any RQ
plus gaining LP of course when he wins

this guy in the vid is a well known RQtter, he got reseted back then, now he is back, he didn't RQ this time around to gain 10k+ LP because he and backdash luffy seem to figured out this new way on how to never lose any LP. Im glad some ppl out there are actually checking their replay history
ffs capcom

So I got a sort of rant, who knows. It's about NASH.

So I've been facing @B. Shazzy Nash a lot recently and right now it feels like a character where I don't play Street Fighter, I play the NASH game. Meaning that I've switched to 3 different characters and it feels like I'm just dealing with whatever NASH does in 3 different ways. Like when I face some other characters, it feels like there are moments where I'm sending signals and my opponent tries to decode it and deal with it. Then there are moments where my opponent sends signals and I try to decode it then deal with. But with NASH it feels like he is always sending the signals. Of course it changes if I happen to have the life lead and now NASH has to try whatever it takes to take it back. Does anyone have some tips for fighting NASH (universal or using Mika, F.A.N.G, or Ken)? And I mean more than "AA jaguar kick", like maybe some technical actual MU type stuff. I think I fair the best with Ken but I feel like F.A.N.G might be capable just to got to really flesh out what to do when in ever possible situation. Sucks cause I'm still learning the flow of the character itself.
I saw the first video Shazzy posted and I also agree with what he mentioned to you, you have to anti-air him/everyone way more, I mean he AA you more and you're the one with the DP. Also as another user said you either weren't planning on following up or you dropped them but you had a couple of chances to combo and didn't. In the first round of the first video if you had combo'd into say an ex DP I think you would have made the round a toss up, both of them, because you had like 2 chances were you didn't follow up. But Now having said that I want to say that I don't want to take anything away from Shazzy because he's done his homework with Nash too. But that's what I noticed that you could improve in the future matches.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Probably should've prefaced that with Ken being my least strongest character. . .

@buyacushun git gud or when that fails main cammy
Take a look at our last few matches. see what worked and what you struggled with and lab the sitaution for options . Check Nash's frame data and yes antiair me more

There is no secret tech

Amazingly both these posts do me the same amount of good. :rolleyes:
And according to Art there is a whole gathering for secret tech so you're wrong.

@buyacushun use your resources more for things like ex air tatsu, don't let Nash do moves into moonsault and don't throw fireballs at Nash for a start. Also maybe you normally do but you weren't getting combos out of your hits.
Yeah it's a bit hard for me to keep all my tools in my head atm. I don't like the idea of not throwing fireballs at Nash. I tried to regulate them to around HK distance though.

I saw the first video Shazzy posted and I also agree with what he mentioned to you, you have to anti-air him/everyone way more, I mean he AA you more and you're the one with the DP. Also as another user said you either weren't planning on following up or you dropped them but you had a couple of chances to combo and didn't. In the first round of the first video if you had combo'd into say an ex DP I think you would have made the round a toss up, both of them, because you had like 2 chances were you didn't follow up. But Now having said that I want to say that I don't want to take anything away from Shazzy because he's done his homework with Nash too. But that's what I noticed that you could improve in the future matches.
As for my AAs and combos I haven't really been focusing Ken and for my other characters (F.A.N.G and Mika) I have to be a little more selective of what I try AA.

You cant really play defensive or neutral vs Nash because he wins in those areas. You just have to make a read, then knock him down and kill him to death because hes only bad when hes laying on the ground.
Yeah your post kind of echoes my feelings that Nash is just a swiss army good character.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like I'll just stick with Ken, maybe a try F.A.N.G a bit more and figure it out.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I just don't 'get' charge characters. So I'm going to play Guile when he's released, as a quest for knowledge type thing. He seems like THE character to learn how to play charge. Thoughts anybody?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Probably should've prefaced that with Ken being my least strongest character. . .

Amazingly both these posts do me the same amount of good. :rolleyes:
And according to Art there is a whole gathering for secret tech so you're wrong.

Yeah it's a bit hard for me to keep all my tools in my head atm. I don't like the idea of not throwing fireballs at Nash. I tried to regulate them to around HK distance though.

As for my AAs and combos I haven't really been focusing Ken and for my other characters (F.A.N.G and Mika) I have to be a little more selective of what I try AA.

Yeah your post kind of echoes my feelings that Nash is just a swiss army good character.

Thanks for the responses. Seems like I'll just stick with Ken, maybe a try F.A.N.G a bit more and figure it out.
just jump over nash's boom it's not even good trust me u guise

Last edited:
I just don't 'get' charge characters. So I'm going to play Guile when he's released, as a quest for knowledge type thing. He seems like THE character to learn how to play charge. Thoughts anybody?
Yep, Guile's your man if you want a charge character. Being a charge character means you'll most likely play defensively, so if you manage to have a lead on health bar then you'll most likely wait for opponents mistakes. Don't know how strong he'll be in V but he's always been a top tier character since the birth of SF 2, pretty confident in saying only Ryu has been stronger.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Great normals. Probably some move that gives them horizontal movement. I think if they have a projectile they usually win over motion fireball characters. My favorite one was Deejay (in SF4). Hope I get another character like him.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Great normals. Probably some move that gives them horizontal movement. I think if they have a projectile they usually win over motion fireball characters. My favorite one was Deejay (in SF4). Hope I get another character like him.
Good to know, thanks! Do you think there's a chance of Deejay coming back?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Good to know, thanks! Do you think there's a chance of Deejay coming back?
I'd think he'd fit right in with the aggressive footsie style of SFV. But I have no clue since he stayed forever low tier in SF4 and even though he is SF2 character he doesn't seem to be that popular. I really hope he comes back. Sagat, Honda, T. Hawk, Deejay Blanka, Fei Long are all that's left from SF2. Nevermind Alpha and 3S characters they could pull. But I REEAALLLYYY hope Deejay is in the second batch of DLC.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
When Guile comes out i'll show you the meaning of charge with a good old fashion ass woopin! need to play again Scott sort it out.

I'd think he'd fit right in with the aggressive footsie style of SFV. But I have no clue since he stayed forever low tier in SF4 and even though he is SF2 character he doesn't seem to be that popular. I really hope he comes back. Sagat, Honda, T. Hawk, Deejay Blanka, Fei Long are all that's left from SF2. Nevermind Alpha and 3S characters they could pull. But I REEAALLLYYY hope Deejay is in the second batch of DLC.
Yea Deejay was fun even in ssf2, but I disagree about charging characters winning over motion characters, maybe after ssf2 since I stopped after that but before that I don't recall any charge character being too strong, Guile though was strong as hell but even he was second to Ryu and Sagat, Sagat used to kill Guile because of the low fast fireballs I recall. But yea I would love sagat, Akuma and fei long to be brought back.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Don't listen to him I've got the footage. He was in the corner getting that work when all of a sudden he stops playing and connection is lost.

I just feel violated and betrayed tbh