What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
When was the last time you were on PSN?
Yesterday, only just got more games for my PS4 this week (MKXL and DS3) otherwise ive just been playing SFV since i got it, should be online most evenings after work so if you see me online I'll usually play unless im in a set with someone.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
guess guile looks like guile.. didnt know what i really expected. Wonder whatt his alt or battle skin will look like.
From those screenshots, that new stage looks to be an updated version of the Air Force Base from Street Fighter 2.
one of the best stages - even though i wasnt really guile fan back then .

holy crap!

Critical Art: Sonic Hurricane Guile’s most devastating attack, the Sonic Hurricane! Guile powers up and hits his opponent with a massive, multi-hit Sonic Boom. This Critical Art receives a damage and range boost while his V-Trigger is active.

V-Trigger: Solid Puncher Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

V-Skill: Sonic Blade Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!

In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
holy crap!

Critical Art: Sonic Hurricane Guile’s most devastating attack, the Sonic Hurricane! Guile powers up and hits his opponent with a massive, multi-hit Sonic Boom. This Critical Art receives a damage and range boost while his V-Trigger is active.

V-Trigger: Solid Puncher Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

V-Skill: Sonic Blade Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!

In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match
WOW that sounds ridiculous!

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
so going by the GUILE reveal..

we now can confirm what Ibuki Juri and Balrog will look like. Because Guile looks like the ending drawing.

That Faultless Move mechanic sounds insane.
I imagine it comes with a caveat, such as 'you keep charge until you get hit', 'press d/f to move and you only keep down charge', or 'moves have more recovery when charged with faultless move', etc. I don't think they'll allow forward movement whilst retaining charge to not carry a degree of risk.

I imagine it comes with a caveat, such as 'you keep charge until you get hit', 'press d/f to move and you only keep down charge', or 'moves have more recovery when charged with faultless move', etc. I don't think they'll allow forward movement whilst retaining charge to not carry a degree of risk.
Agree, otherwise he'd be too powerful. Or might as well not make him a charge character.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Throws beat lights. Mediums beat lights and throws. Heavies beat mediums, lights and throws. When two moves of the same strenght hit at the same time they trade.

But yeah, if your 4F jab is losing to a throw in a neutral situation then you are doing it 1F late.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Throws beat lights. Mediums beat lights and throws. Heavies beat mediums, lights and throws. When two moves of the same strenght hit at the same time they trade.

But yeah, if your 4F jab is losing to a throw in a neutral situation then you are doing it 1F late.
If 2 cc trade does it trade normally or cc each other. Lol wut

But isn't a jab a light? Then how can throws beat lights?