What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
the lp mp hp *chain* doesn't allow you to cancel into a special move. You can cancel into an exSpecial... but not a normal one. Now some characters can *link* mp mp~special... which does a significant amount more damage.
The chains were made for noobs like me who can't grasp the tag cancel's as well. So I stick with the lp mp hp launcher combo's, which usually get me killed !!! :)

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
chains can be cancelled into EX moves and launchers.

links can cancel into regular specials, super moves, cross arts.

chains are good for quickly tagging your partner in for a quick hitconfirm, or in some characters cases quickly chaining into an EX move for good damage, king for example can easily chain anything into EX convict kick and then cary on from there.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
the lp mp hp *chain* doesn't allow you to cancel into a special move. You can cancel into an exSpecial... but not a normal one. Now some characters can *link* mp mp~special... which does a significant amount more damage.
The chains were made for noobs like me who can't grasp the tag cancel's as well. So I stick with the lp mp hp launcher combo's, which usually get me killed !!! :)
Damn, thanks for clearing that up, I was just thinking of the trial I was doing with ryu and it was indeed his EX donkey kick that was cancelled into.

Yeah, don't rely on ABCC chains as a combo. Its a decent option for a whiff punish or to tag but that is about it.

Like for lili some of my bnb are
f. mk-mp-lp-f.mp-lk xx angel knee xx angel knee - cr. hp xx sunflower lance lk (if opponent is standing)
f. mk-mp-lp-f.mp-lk xx qcf+pp, j. lk xx j. mk- land cr. mk xx sunflower lance lk
f. hk-lp-f.mp-lk xx angel knee xx angel knee - cr. hp xx sunflower lance lk (overhead)
None of them are the ABCC chain because
1) chains do less dmg
2) you can't cancel chains into normal special moves and only ex or supers
3) scaling is heavier on chains
4) chains also generate more grey life for your opponent, meaning they can recover more if they tag out.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
In the trials, the trials that ask you to press cr.lp x 2 cr.mp cr.mk (example), even those are hard for me to do, i've tried it so many times but im just useless with the timing. If they'd have just made it like MK, were if you hit the buttons fast then the moves/combos come out. Im losing the bap here lol.

They is a pretty bad example I think, I don't know anybody that has a combo-able link like that.

maybe something like

cr. lk-cr. lk-s. lp-cr. mk

note that "-" and "," tend to mean link while "xx" is cancel.
You just need to have some execution for links. The general rule is if the move came out but they blocked you did it to late, if it didn't come out at all you did it to early. So just go from there.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
This is an excellent game, but all those Capcom fanboys must be emberassed for hating on the infinites and glitches in MK9

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, tbh, SFxT suffers from some of the same problems MK9 did...bad testing for bugs. TTT2 isn't immune to this either, as Hwoarang currently is like Cyrax and has his own unblockable reset. It leads to 100% LMAO.

Even the good games aren't immune to issues like this.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
lol does no one remember SF4 Vanilla?? lol I love talking to lots of the scene here and there like "SFxT is broke man" blah blah blah, SF4 Vanilla was Brooooooooke. SFxT will work itself out man, game is still fun as hell

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
lol does no one remember SF4 Vanilla?? lol I love talking to lots of the scene here and there like "SFxT is broke man" blah blah blah, SF4 Vanilla was Brooooooooke. SFxT will work itself out man, game is still fun as hell
We all remember (and love Street Fighter) and thats the point. I haven't played MK in like a week and a half because of this game, but I still laugh at all these anti-MK9 hysteria that happened when the game came out.

Has anyone seen the patch list for SCV? Most of the characters have been changed dramatically

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I just bought this game and have only played through training and arcade. So far it's fun, but hopefully they resolve those issues soon. I'm really bored of SCv atm.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
someone halp.

is sfxt like MK?Harder to play?Tough inputs?

all i see in vids is jump punch poke to combo and repeat till dead.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Here is footage for our recent tournament in London.

I made it out of my groups in winners, but dawgtanian beat me pretty convincingly. I'm still pretty new to this game. I had a very exciting set after that with Oli, was also on stream. I'm running Yoshimitsu and King right now.

Mustard's in this stream too, he's running Vega and Paul.

http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject/b/312949909

shoutouts to all UK players, if you want to improve your game locally. You can't go wrong with Crossup.

NKZero

Noob
Here is footage for our recent tournament in London.

I made it out of my groups in winners, but dawgtanian beat me pretty convincingly. I'm still pretty new to this game. I had a very exciting set after that with Oli, was also on stream. I'm running Yoshimitsu and King right now.

Mustard's in this stream too, he's running Vega and Paul.

http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject/b/312949909

shoutouts to all UK players, if you want to improve your game locally. You can't go wrong with Crossup.
Is this in Gamerbase? When I was there for MK last week I saw an SF x T tournament being run in the main room.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Is this in Gamerbase? When I was there for MK last week I saw an SF x T tournament being run in the main room.
It was a casual that week. Dawgtanian wanted people to get comfortable with the game before holding a tournament for it. He wants it there every week now.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
someone halp.

is sfxt like MK?Harder to play?Tough inputs?

all i see in vids is jump punch poke to combo and repeat till dead.

It really depends. I know Kazuya has his f-n-df moves which are very nice and there are dial a combo's like in MK. I'm still learning and have a long way to go though. I'm not gonna take it seriously until the game is patched and infinite's and such are removed.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
It really depends. I know Kazuya has his f-n-df moves which are very nice and there are dial a combo's like in MK. I'm still learning and have a long way to go though. I'm not gonna take it seriously until the game is patched and infinite's and such are removed.
dont bet on it man, the infinites will go for sure, but im not gonna expect a single balance change.

NKZero

Noob
Can someone help me create teams with the players I want to play with? I will list them below:
Kazuya, Rufus, Sagat, Hwoarang, King, Paul

Kazuya is definitely my main but I don't know who he best works with. Also really want to play Hwoarang and King 100% so if you can suggest good partners out of the list above for them.