What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
hugo doesnt need gems, he can get 50% off a cr.mp punish, crouching medium into clap is safe and a blockstring, he has the highest health in the game, foolproof anti airs, fantastic armour move and works well on ANY team. i dont see how hugo isnt top right now, Ryu/Hugo is a dumb team.
Hugo is such a bullshit character right now. He shouldn't require only 2 mistakes from the opponent with NO METER and be able to win because of it. He needs a damage nerf and I hate people who cry nerf especially early in a games life.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Hugo is such a bullshit character right now. He shouldn't require only 2 mistakes from the opponent with NO METER and be able to win because of it. He needs a damage nerf and I hate people who cry nerf especially early in a games life.
we'll see what capcom make of it, but really as just common sense i dont see how anyone can look at hugo right now and consider him fair lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Would anyone care to elaborate their thoughts on Yoshimitsu? Since according to PerfectMindGame, he's been given the shaft again.. (I don't have the game, just curious)

As bad as they are, I wouldn't go that far. XD
You wouldn't? Imho some of these exploits make the stuff in MKDC look LESS braindead..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Would anyone care to elaborate their thoughts on Yoshimitsu? Since according to PerfectMindGame, he's been given the shaft again.. (I don't have the game, just curious)
I think it's because Yoshi can't do much damage. I haven't really messed with him or played against him much though.

Yoshi normals suck balls. The hitbox on his moves are clunky.

Hugo does stupid dmg yes, but so do a few other character. Steve does easy 50% dmg as well. Hugo has a lot of bad matchups and I think as time goes on people will find out tech or ways to destroy him. I mean the only way he can get in is ambiguous body splash and armor lariat. Characters like Jin destroy Hugo. I think Hugo is good, but I don't think he is top tier, definite high tier though.

man i cant seem to get jins special consistently , let alone in combos. also what are his best wakeup options and anti air? I wakeup attack with median line right now.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Both hugo and relento will drop in tiers as time goes on. Hugo is pretty much getting the sentinel stardom in mvc3 vanilla.

Also my contenders atm for top tier is
Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Juri, Nina, Chun li, and Rufus.
the diagonal right, hk move is supposedly one of the best dp's

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Has any1 been doing any combo tutorials? I've been doing the trials (up to 16 with each character, then it gets hectic), but non of them seem to hot. I think i'll enjoy the game more & give it more of a chance if I learnt a few combos (like I did in mk). Im also struggling with the timing, easy (on paper anyway) combos such as cr.mp s.hp s.mp are hard for me to pull of cos im either to slow or too quick, any1 else suffer this?

I really wanna like this game but im finding it to awkward & the gems!!! blahhhh

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Has any1 been doing any combo tutorials? I've been doing the trials (up to 16 with each character, then it gets hectic), but non of them seem to hot. I think i'll enjoy the game more & give it more of a chance if I learnt a few combos (like I did in mk). Im also struggling with the timing, easy (on paper anyway) combos such as cr.mp s.hp s.mp are hard for me to pull of cos im either to slow or too quick, any1 else suffer this?

I really wanna like this game but im finding it to awkward & the gems!!! blahhhh
The way links are handled in SFxT is like baby mode compared to previous releases of the game, which is nice. If you struggle to get a combo just practice it in parts, you will notice if you input your link too fast nothing will come out, too slow and its blocked (use auto block in practice always). You will pick up the rythm for links easy enough over time, if your really struggling though the majority of tekken characters can be played around their strings and chains, which are pretty much just MK style dial a combo, the timing isnt strict atall.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah links and canceling is definitely different than AE, you don't have to be as fast. In fact, you can't be as fast for a lot of them. If you're too fast they won't even work. The "dumbed down" links and canceling is one reason I can't use Bison in this game.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I dreamt my team was Vega and Steve last night. My team is now Stevega.
Rocking that Ravuri. (raven juri)

Pretty annoying that alot of the characters i want to play dont play in the way that i want to play them, forcing me to use characters who i initially wouldnt have touched (juri) but shes really cool in this game compared to sf4, though i wish ibuki didnt change :(

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I haven't had too much time to play recently but hopefully I'll get back to grinding soon. Does anyone on here use Law? So far Guile is the best teammate I've found for him, but looking for others.

Also, again... anyone on XBL? I hate playing randoms in ranked because 99% of them are bad even the ones with really high BP. If you're bad anyway that's cool I'd rather play you guys than randoms.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I haven't had too much time to play recently but hopefully I'll get back to grinding soon. Does anyone on here use Law? So far Guile is the best teammate I've found for him, but looking for others.

Also, again... anyone on XBL? I hate playing randoms in ranked because 99% of them are bad even the ones with really high BP. If you're bad anyway that's cool I'd rather play you guys than randoms.
Yes ... there are 3-4 guys in STB that play this rather often. We aren't good, we aren't bad though.
The tier list is laughable. No one knows anything about this game yet, how can you put people above other people?

So far Cammy has been by FAR the most annoying character. Her s.lp is one of the most powerful moves in the entire game.

Yes ... there are 3-4 guys in STB that play this rather often. We aren't good, we aren't bad though.
The tier list is laughable. No one knows anything about this game yet, how can you put people above other people?

So far Cammy has been by FAR the most annoying character. Her s.lp is one of the most powerful moves in the entire game.
You can easily put people over others based on the tools they have. For instance, Asuka is in shape or form better than Rufus. She for one can't get in easily, no reliable anti-air and her normals suck outside jump HP.

Cammy/Rolento/Xiouyu all have the S.lp pressure since its like +2/3 on block. But you can alpha counter it luckily if you're good.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Every day I want to main a new character. God damnit.

I've been on such a bad losing streak fighting against nothing but tier whores, managed to lose about 700BP. might just go back to MK for now until this bullshit gets patched. :(

On second thought, if you cant beat them, join 'em.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I've been trying to use Kazuya, I can't get a combo going without a silly launcher happening. I press lk mk hk then DB lp and either nothing comes out or i'll launch lol, I can do all the moves seperately but when I try them in a combo, it doesnt work. I've just been playing MK to long I think.

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
I'm on XBL usually on the weekend. GT is EvilNonsense. I've been trying to build an online fight club and have encountered a few people I've fought regularly. I main Cammy and Kuma. Ranked has been weird for me. My points are low, but I've gone up against opponents with 700-900 more than me.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Anyone goes with Guile. Anyone that can hold down back and still be a threat in this game is a surefire winner. I have won from such tiny lifeleads in this game because stuff takes far too long and the clock is far too quick, so you just time them out.

Guile in the corner throwing out sonicbooms for 90 seconds is top tier play.

this game didn't turn out the way I expected it to be. I wish they just added yang and sakura already. Anybody here also hating on the ryu and ken bullshit?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
anyone playing this can feel free to add me, just message me as to why your adding me or i won't exept if i don't recognize your GT

STBJimmypotato on XBL

Jimmypotato on PSN

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've been trying to use Kazuya, I can't get a combo going without a silly launcher happening. I press lk mk hk then DB lp and either nothing comes out or i'll launch lol, I can do all the moves seperately but when I try them in a combo, it doesnt work. I've just been playing MK to long I think.
If you do a combo that starts as like medium (or light), heavy, and then a heavy special move, if you try to chain them together you'll get a launcher. What you need to do is after the medium(or light) attack you need to wait just a fraction of a second longer and then do heavy, heavy special, and it will work. Gotta get used to linking stuff at times. Links do more damage because they're a little harder to do. You don't cancel the animation of the last attack and move into the next. Instead you use the hitstun from the first attack to go into you're heavy, qcf/qcb heavy special. Thats just an example.