What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I played Ibuki in 3s and the sf4 series. she doesn't feel right in sfxt. tech rolling kills her vortex set ups.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Isnt she one of the worst characters in the game?
umm, I don't know, im only two days into this game haha. people tell me I should play poison, apparently shes ass tier. which I could see, she doesn't do much. im still going to stick with her and lili.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
umm, I don't know, im only two days into this game haha. people tell me I should play poison, apparently shes ass tier. which I could see, she doesn't do much. im still going to stick with her and lili.
I know that poison is good at building meter but I dont know how good she is all together, but I could of sworn that ibuki isnt great but I might be wrong lol

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
agreed, I was hoping for Karin too.

Me too (she was my main in Alpha 3), but apparently Capcom doesn't own the rights of the character anymore, as she's property of the mangaka that created her, Masahiko Nakahira.

I don't know for sure if this is true, but that would explain why she hasn't appeared again since Capcom Fighting Evolution.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I watched some of his videos, tbh I didnt notice anything that great about him that would make me reconsider steve as anchor

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Taking a break from Injustice for a bit to give this game a try. My fighting game experience is limited to SF2, MK2, MK9, and Injustice. Although I won't be taking this game very seriously, I'm hoping that I can use it to improve my fundamentals.

I'm looking for suggestions on two very different types of characters:
1. A fast rush-down style character with high-low mix-ups (Ex: Nightwing, Flash)
2. A character that brings the pace of the match, slowing the battle down a bit (Ex: Sub-Zero)

I'd greatly appreciate multiple suggestions for each type. Cheers!

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Let's see, these are the ones that come to mind at first.

1. Kazuya, Hwoarang, Lily, Cody, Nina
2. Rolento, Raven, Poison, Guile, Dhalsim

I am mainly an MK/Injustice guy (though I used to play TTT). I was looking for a new game to get into. Would you guys recommend SFxT or AE?

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
i may be the worst street fighter player ever im sitting on a grand total of 70pp what can i do to get better iv never played a game like this before?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
i may be the worst street fighter player ever im sitting on a grand total of 70pp what can i do to get better iv never played a game like this before?
Step 1 : DONT JUMP! Everyone and their brother either knows their AntiAir normals, or at least are chomping at the bit to let their Shoryuken loose. Keep it on the ground 99% of the time.

Step 2 : Learn your best pokes. Learn your footsies. If you're going to keep it grounded, you need to be able to hold your position as well as pressure, safely.

Step 3 : Know your Anti-Airs. Whether its a couple of solid situational normals, or a shoryuken you want to be able to knock them out of the sky so you can start to mount offense. Just like I said before about not jumping, if they crack first and jump, be ready to punish them for it.

Step 4 : Learn your combos. You'll likely need to go to SRK or a simillar site for this. Learn the best damaging combos so you can take advantage of any opening.

Beyond that, its learning frame data and matchup knowledge. Knowing that situational punish that will net you x extra damage against 4 specific characters. But basically, play as safe as possible.

Give them nothing.
Take from them everything.