What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

I'm really looking forward to this game. It looks to be my kind of game. Rush down, insane combos, and quick reactions. And most importantly, FUN! All the people who think this game looks bad or don't like the idea can fuck off. I was skeptical when it was announced way back when, but after seeing high level players play and in-depth explanations, I feel this game is going to be one of the best fighters to date. I really like the nerfed throws, and how zoning isn't as prominent. Don't get me wrong, I love zoning, I just love rushing that shit down more... just more fun to me. I love the juggling system too and the gems. The gems are very interesting and they may add some crazy depth to the game that's not been seen in any fighter.

What characters do you think you're going to be using? Personally, I'm definitely maining M.Bison. I've used him in every SF game that had him, no sense in stopping now. My 2nd character will probably be a Tekken character. Possibly Hwoarang, Yoshimitsu or Jin. I'll have to get my hands on the game to see which character I like and which characters goes well with Bison.

What do you think of the game? Like it so far from what you've seen?

**I put this in the SF section because it's mostly going to be like a SF game. The TxSF will obviously be more like a Tekken game.**

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I honestly dont know who I'm going to make my team out of, so many awesome characters to choose from. I'm thinking maybe Raven and Ogre at the moment, but I'll see when the game drops. Really looking forward to it, from the footage it looks very ruishdown oriented, hopefully gems will be handled well too.

Sasuga

Noob
This game is going to be fun indeed. Did you see the 2vs2 matches?! 4 players at the same time, craaaazyyyy!

I'm using my SSF4 mains, Juri and Cammy. Further, looking forward to using Poison and Lili.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
This game is going to be fun indeed. Did you see the 2vs2 matches?! 4 players at the same time, craaaazyyyy!

I'm using my SSF4 mains, Juri and Cammy. Further, looking forward to using Poison and Lili.
Yeah even though the game isn't played like SF4, it looks a lot similar. So I expect most people to use their SF4 mains if they're in SFxT. Luckily I main a character that's usually a staple in SF games (M.Bison). My other main is Cody, and I thought he was in this game? Maybe he's gonna be DLC, idk.a

I also have always used Yoshimitsu in Tekken games. But from the gameplay I've seen he doesn't look as strong as the other Tekken characters. Then again he requires a lot of time to be good with so maybe people just haven't quite grasped him yet.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Im mad, EGP let WNF use setups for this game and I couldnt go because I couldnt get a ride (the one time I missed out on wnf). Saltyness aside, Ive got a few teams up in my nogin. Vega/Rolento(team swag) Steve Fox/Hwoarang(they just look lie they are both super good) Kazuya/Hugo(I just recently decided to pick up Kazuya and I liked hugo in 3rd strike). But nothings final, I still have to get some extensive time with the game to make a legit team

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Can't wait and think it looks great. A proper 'have mates over and have a laugh' kind of game. Think I'll be using Xiaoyu, Kazuya on the Tekken side. Not sure on SF side its been a while.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I saw the WNF stream last night...this game looks more like pure Street Fighter than SFIV. I'm loving what I see.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
I enjoy both Street Fighter and Tekken, so I will indeed be acquiring this game. I reserve my opinion until then, but it looks hella fun.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
im meh about the gem system i really wouldn't like it for tournament play heck i just dont like it, but im open minded so i'll reserve my judgement until i play it I'm gonna either play steve fox, ken or Hworang , juri im kind aupset there is no deejay ut i may learn rolento so i can be annoying somehow

I'm maining Juri for sure, she's so fun to use. :) For teamate, I might go with Rolento, Yoshimitsu, Hwoarang or Lili/Asuka/Julia... but I'm gonna try all the Tekken characters for sure.

I feel like playing rushdown but with super defensive gems but I have a feeling the meter gems are going to be the best..

NKZero

Noob
Characters I wish to try out: Akuma, Bison, King, Yoshimitsu, Zangief and Law

Those are my main favourites

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
ZAQ yes there is going to be a tournament mode for this game i like rolento but playing him is gonna be crazy hard since he plays more like a BB character in the since he has jump cancels and such i feel like if you play jin kisaragi then you might feel at home. I really wanna like it but something is just telling me i should just play it casually. Vulcan Hades I've seen your juri and she is very nice i wish i still played her like that, but that Royal Rastafarian Ganja Boy (Deejay) got to me lol

THTB

Yeah, Rolento right now looks amazing. Rekkas into sweep? Thankfully there's techrolling.

Speaking of which...the techrolling system is awesome. In SFIV, there were so many ways to ruin an opponent on an untechable knockdown. Unblockables, safejump option selects, meaty option selects, etc. Considering that focus kept this in check, but is no longer present, being able to roll on wakeup is FUCKING GENIUS!

The only thing about SFxT that I'm disliking is that the walkspeeds seem slower. I actually like the gems because they don't drastically alter the game, but the effects will be a factor for sure.

Noob
I'll prob play with the gems turned off (Final Fantasy 7 Materia doesn't belong in fighting games), but I will be trying all the characters I have preferred in each game:

SF
Ken
Ryu
Akuma
Cammy
Bison

Tekken
King
Kazuya
Jin
Nina
Julia

Tolkeen

/wrists
King and Hugo all the way, Hugo's air grab gives him advantage in a game that is a little jump happy, and King (last time I checked) has a parry move. People are going to be frustrated as all hell to play against me.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
THTB how does Steve feel inside the game if you have played it i was going to play him cause he and jin are my favorites but everyone said he is like mad slow is this true or does he have his dodges to compensate for it

Damn, I'll have to check out this footage. Rolento's my favorite character, and if he's beast mode, that's even better than expected. Was also thinking of having Steve, Yoshi, or Bison on the team.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Damn, I'll have to check out this footage. Rolento's my favorite character, and if he's beast mode, that's even better than expected. Was also thinking of having Steve, Yoshi, or Bison on the team.
well have you ever seen latif play viper think of him something like that he has those jump cancel off of normals so im guessing his mix up game is gonna be pretty nice and his knfes are gonna be like ibuki's if he can vortex hopefully he can't do something like lp super jump cancel ultra like viper or cross you up by super jump cancelling a normal into knives

THTB

THTB how does Steve feel inside the game if you have played it i was going to play him cause he and jin are my favorites but everyone said he is like mad slow is this true or does he have his dodges to compensate for it
I've never played the game lol. So I can't say how anything is outside of observance.