What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
step 1: put Hwoarang on your team
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

seriously though, there is NO reason to not put Hwoarang on any team. He doesn't need meter for anything besides big solo combos. give him the meter gem set and laugh as your bar goes up while locking your opponent down in blockstrings that always leave you at + frames.
Scary thing is that he didnt change much from the patch, he was always this good but no one really used him

Sasuga

Noob
I tried out cammy and rolento and wasnt really feeling it, I also tried out ryu, sagat, Guile, and bryan and didnt like playing them either...
Have you tried Lili? She better as anchor but not bad as a point character either. Or that tekken droid DLC girl character who's name I keep forgetting? She's really good on point. They can both hold their own without too much meter usage.

[EDIT] Alisa, that's her.

DuskAlloy

Have you tried Lili? She better as anchor but not bad as a point character either. Or that tekken droid DLC girl character who's name I keep forgetting? She's really good on point. They can both hold their own without too much meter usage.
I might give lili a shot but I will be honest I dont like the character that much, and I really dont like alisa lol

DuskAlloy

Picky, picky! ;)

Did you try Kazuya? Or go in a different direction and try Abel or Bob
Im very picky when it comes to my mains lol, and I like abel and I am thinking about bob after he made it to the ufgt finals, I dont like the mishimas because I hate doing mist step in a match

Hemlock

Noob
Im very picky when it comes to my mains lol, and I like abel and I am thinking about bob after he made it to the ufgt finals, I dont like the mishimas because I hate doing mist step in a match
I used to be all bouty-bout Kazuya, but my Mist Step quickly became Missed Step. :-/

Abel and Bob are both great, that was my first team actually. Bob is deceptively quick and his charge move lets him get in pretty quick. Abel has a lot of nice moves that also cover distance and duck projectiles. Bob is also just an awesome character.

DuskAlloy

I used to be all bouty-bout Kazuya, but my Mist Step quickly became Missed Step. :-/

Abel and Bob are both great, that was my first team actually. Bob is deceptively quick and his charge move lets him get in pretty quick. Abel has a lot of nice moves that also cover distance and duck projectiles. Bob is also just an awesome character.
Abel seems more of an anchor character though, does bob need meter?

Hemlock

Noob
Which brings us to the cool part of the game, it depends on your strategy and gem set up! I had Bob point and Abel character. Bob can really exploit meter for his belly blast and the spiral rocky and stuff like that, but what I did is I had Bob with some defense gems and then Abel with power gems. Bob would open up the opponent, tag Abel, Abel would use the meter and THROW THROW THROW THROW KKKKK OOOOOOO

[I'm not a tournament player by any means.]

DuskAlloy

Which brings us to the cool part of the game, it depends on your strategy and gem set up! I had Bob point and Abel character. Bob can really exploit meter for his belly blast and the spiral rocky and stuff like that, but what I did is I had Bob with some defense gems and then Abel with power gems. Bob would open up the opponent, tag Abel, Abel would use the meter and THROW THROW THROW THROW KKKKK OOOOOOO

[I'm not a tournament player by any means.]
Id have to see what bob is like, Ive always loved counter hit type characters, and if it wasnt for the fact that steve is ass then I would of mained him also

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Id have to see what bob is like, Ive always loved counter hit type characters, and if it wasnt for the fact that steve is ass then I would of mained him also

Then try Steve now. Everybody says he's top notch since this last patch.

DuskAlloy

Hwoarang is good, but I don't see him as a good point. He have serious troubles getting in against some zoners.

He doesn't need meter to be absurdly good.
Hmmm... I may try out Jin also, right now it's looking like my partners will either be jin, steve, bob, or poison

DuskAlloy

Actually I got a new team and I know you guys are going to hate who I picked, I chose lars/hwoarang team, lars doesnt have a terrible time getting in imo and I like ending matches on hwo's mixups and using the meter for damage with him

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I haven't played this game at all and im going to give it a try? Does anybody know if poison/lili is a good team in terms of synergy?

ryumanjisen

I haven't played this game at all and im going to give it a try? Does anybody know if poison/lili is a good team in terms of synergy?

Not bad at all. Poison, although theorically a "low tier" char, is not a bad point at all. Her zoning game is pretty decent (for this game, of course) and she has and excelent DP to keep the pressure off her. And Lily has one of the best mixups games out there coupled with a really decent range in normals and specials.

I can assure you that team is good. In fact, my main team is pretty similar: Rolento/Lily.

DuskAlloy

So is ryu still amazing in this game? I thought he got nerfed during the patch

AZ MotherBrain

Not bad at all. Poison, although theorically a "low tier" char, is not a bad point at all. Her zoning game is pretty decent (for this game, of course) and she has and excelent DP to keep the pressure off her. And Lily has one of the best mixups games out there coupled with a really decent range in normals and specials.

I can assure you that team is good. In fact, my main team is pretty similar: Rolento/Lily.
nice, poison seems pretty fun after labbing it up with her, but it doesn't seem like she does much.

ryumanjisen

She's not a good character in terms of damage, but she fullfills perfectly her role as point: zoning your oponent until you gain meter enough to make your anchor (Lily) a true force of destruction.

Fuzzy, the guy who destroyed me at the European Street Fighter 25th Anniversary finals had one of the best Poison I've ever seen. I was like "Poison? Give me a break, she's crap"...and he almost double perfected me the first match.

DuskAlloy

I feel like picking up one of the shotos for an easy to use character that I could switch with my other two characters when I want to play someone different... who is considered the best shoto right now?

ryumanjisen

The last time I played, Ryu was the best shoto. And, if you consider him a shoto (some people do), Jin.

AZ MotherBrain

She's not a good character in terms of damage, but she fullfills perfectly her role as point: zoning your oponent until you gain meter enough to make your anchor (Lily) a true force of destruction.
Sounds good. her backflip seems really good to get out of various situations.