What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Can someone help me create teams with the players I want to play with? I will list them below:
Kazuya, Rufus, Sagat, Hwoarang, King, Paul

Kazuya is definitely my main but I don't know who he best works with. Also really want to play Hwoarang and King 100% so if you can suggest good partners out of the list above for them.
Rufus and king look like the go to guys from your list, however all of the characters are great in their own way.

I dont know specifics but rufus really does my head in with his dive kick pressure and the lack of consistant strong anti airs, and with a speed gem he just becomes rediculous, consider him a tier above what he was in SF4.

King is a pseudo-grappler. He has armoured moves, good normals, and a few command grabs. He has a lariat for getting in, with good mixups off it, and he has really good combos tagging in and out. The reason i say pseudo-grappler is because he doesnt have the same edge as marduk/zangief with their command throws, but he still has them, and they go high or low, and they hurt.

Paul has good normals, but slow as hell to move around without jumping, though he can hold his ground well and has decent anti air, his combos hurt your face alot, and hes pretty funny to look at.

To tell you the truth, if your playing to win, then pick a character you can play competently, and then put ryu in the back. He is rediculous, there isnt an area he cant cover, and my fucking god is he built for this game, you cant lose with ryu on your side.

You might want to hear a few words from Ketchup and Mustard, they both play this game well and competetively.(and ketchup uses king, and mustard uses paul)

If you need any raven tips i can help, but that is the only character i play. I dont have a secondary, and if you made me tag out then i already lost just through sheer inability to use anyone who isnt raven :D

NKZero

Noob
Rufus and king look like the go to guys from your list, however all of the characters are great in their own way.

I dont know specifics but rufus really does my head in with his dive kick pressure and the lack of consistant strong anti airs, and with a speed gem he just becomes rediculous, consider him a tier above what he was in SF4.

King is a pseudo-grappler. He has armoured moves, good normals, and a few command grabs. He has a lariat for getting in, with good mixups off it, and he has really good combos tagging in and out. The reason i say pseudo-grappler is because he doesnt have the same edge as marduk/zangief with their command throws, but he still has them, and they go high or low, and they hurt.

Paul has good normals, but slow as hell to move around without jumping, though he can hold his ground well and has decent anti air, his combos hurt your face alot, and hes pretty funny to look at.

To tell you the truth, if your playing to win, then pick a character you can play competently, and then put ryu in the back. He is rediculous, there isnt an area he cant cover, and my fucking god is he built for this game, you cant lose with ryu on your side.

You might want to hear a few words from Ketchup and Mustard, they both play this game well and competetively.(and ketchup uses king, and mustard uses paul)

If you need any raven tips i can help, but that is the only character i play. I dont have a secondary, and if you made me tag out then i already lost just through sheer inability to use anyone who isnt raven :D
thanks so much man. I think I'll try a Rufus and King team. Since I am so desperate to use Kazuya would you know whether Hwoarang or Sagat complement him better? Man this game is tough and so different to MK. MK mechanics are too damn good :S

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
thanks so much man. I think I'll try a Rufus and King team. Since I am so desperate to use Kazuya would you know whether Hwoarang or Sagat complement him better? Man this game is tough and so different to MK. MK mechanics are too damn good :S
I dont play or know kazuya that well, however i can say hwoarang looks to me like a good pressure/mixup character, very close in style to kazuya, just probably more technical.

Sagat has his tiger shots, which are very fast, an uppercut, strong combos, and is pretty fast on his feet (compared to some of the slow people in the game)

I dont think he changed much from street fighter 4, but i can only suggest using him over hwoarang as you have a solid option to characters that you arent going to want to rush down, and can put more into sitting on lifeleads and taking those ever glorious time over victories.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
YO YO YO,reviving this thread.

got it a few days ago,really torn on my wingman,i got kazuya as point with his huge damage and great mixups and thinking of raven or jin

Raven pros
GREAT zoning with the teleport,if you get cornered jus tele out.
teleport
fucking huge damage
amazing backdash

cons
hard bnb
easy cross dash cancels but using them in a combo to extend it looks fucking ridiculously hard

Jin pros
one of the best keepaways,with him on the field you cant jump,ever.
parry that converts projectiles to health <3
good stance,will look more to it.

cons
REALLY has to work for his damage,while kaz and raven both do 350+ of a poke,jin does 259,really low and you gotta react with special step,not the easiest thing to do.

overall i haven't studied their footsies games,pokes and mixups but they both are very technical and need decent execution for their air to air game,it's amazing how they can punish jumps.

Add me on PSN Bop_Ruby

loving the games netcode,i regularly play with a friend on 0 bars yet the lag is fucking minimal,it's AWESOME!

For the 3 people left who still care about this game...

New DLC pack announced.

• Additional Color Palette 4 – Free
  • Wild Card Booster Pack 3* – Free
  • SF Boost Gem Pack 5 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • SF Boost Gem Pack 6 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • TK Boost Gem Pack 5 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • TK Boost Gem Pack 6 – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • World Warrior Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • Iron Curtain Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • Lighting Legs Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • Cross Arts Pack Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • King of Iron Fist Gem Pack 2** – 0.99 USD/80 MSP
  • SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack – 17.99 USD/1440 MSP
*Wild Card Booster 3 will only be available June 5-19.
**Cannot be purchased through the in-game store, must be purchased through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Marketplace.​
SFXTK producer Tomoaki Ayano also announced that he will be attending E3 in the US which starts June 4 (formally dated for June 5-7). He mentioned that the SFXTK team is busy making preparations for the Capcom booth at E3, but he’s keeping what they have planned under wraps. He does say to expect some exciting information to revealed.
http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/25/new-street-fighter-x-tekken-dlc-planned-for-release-on-june-5/

Hemlock

Noob
Hello SFxT fans! I first saw this game when I watched EVO2012 online and thought it was awesome. I really love the artwork. Somehow this looks cooler to me than SF4 and MvC (but I haven't played any of those three games). The gem system looks super confusing - Oh wait, just found this explanatory video:

Ok, that actually sounds cool. I applaud fighting games trying to do something different and evolve the gameplay. I'm a huge fan of the easy to learn, difficult to master style of MK's strategy, but this could be my preferred fighter for something a lot more technical. I am a big Capcom VS SNK 2 fan and loved the options with the gameplay grooves. This is kind of like "create your own groove."

I really want to get this, but of course there is all the drama over the DLC. I was hoping they'd release something similar to the MK Komplete edition, but looks like the only thing was the one in the super duper SF 25th Anniversary edition. My only gripe is that I wanted Eagle and Haggar!!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I went ahead and picked up a cheap copy of this, in anticipation of the 2013 update at the end of next month.

Honestly, I'm not going to put an insane amount of time into leveling up in this. I'm probably just going to have my team be either Ryu / Ken or Ryu / Bison.

Anyone else still play this?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I think that I'm finally starting to get into this game now, thanks to the 2013 update.

Still trying to finalize my team, though. Definitely using Ryu on point, but I still need a partner. I would like a Tekken partner since it IS Street Fighter x TEKKEN. So far, Jin has my interest but I need to sit down and spend some time to see if I can get a hang of his bnb's.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
So I think that I'm finally starting to get into this game now, thanks to the 2013 update.

Still trying to finalize my team, though. Definitely using Ryu on point, but I still need a partner. I would like a Tekken partner since it IS Street Fighter x TEKKEN. So far, Jin has my interest but I need to sit down and spend some time to see if I can get a hang of his bnb's.
You can add me if you want on XBL, I've played it a little bit

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
YO YO YO,reviving this thread.

got it a few days ago,really torn on my wingman,i got kazuya as point with his huge damage and great mixups and thinking of raven or jin

Raven pros
GREAT zoning with the teleport,if you get cornered jus tele out.
teleport
fucking huge damage
amazing backdash

cons
hard bnb
easy cross dash cancels but using them in a combo to extend it looks fucking ridiculously hard

Jin pros
one of the best keepaways,with him on the field you cant jump,ever.
parry that converts projectiles to health <3
good stance,will look more to it.

cons
REALLY has to work for his damage,while kaz and raven both do 350+ of a poke,jin does 259,really low and you gotta react with special step,not the easiest thing to do.

overall i haven't studied their footsies games,pokes and mixups but they both are very technical and need decent execution for their air to air game,it's amazing how they can punish jumps.

Add me on PSN Bop_Ruby

loving the games netcode,i regularly play with a friend on 0 bars yet the lag is fucking minimal,it's AWESOME!
Jin can just fish for combos with anything but lights to Thrusting Uppercut. It's only -3 on block with enough pushback to make it near-unpunishable. And Jin's AA damage is fucking funny.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
So thread revival again, Im making a team with lars as anchor and I need a good point character who doesnt use a lot of meter but can still hold his own, any suggestions?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
So thread revival again, Im making a team with lars as anchor and I need a good point character who doesnt use a lot of meter but can still hold his own, any suggestions?

Haven't played SFxT in a while, but I remember Kazuya being a little dependant on meter specials to avoid the pressure.

I suggest someone like Cammy or Rolento. Both builds meter really fast and they can hold their own without spending meter.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Haven't played SFxT in a while, but I remember Kazuya being a little dependant on meter specials to avoid the pressure.

I suggest someone like Cammy or Rolento. Both builds meter really fast and they can hold their own without spending meter.
I haven't played 2013 patch but before ewgf combos required no meter but the easier ex versions did. I do kinda agree that he does need a bar a meter for armor to get out of some situations. I am gonna pick this up again this weekend I have only heard good things about the 2013 version.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I tried out cammy and rolento and wasnt really feeling it, I also tried out ryu, sagat, Guile, and bryan and didnt like playing them either...

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I haven't played 2013 patch but before ewgf combos required no meter but the easier ex versions did. I do kinda agree that he does need a bar a meter for armor to get out of some situations. I am gonna pick this up again this weekend I have only heard good things about the 2013 version.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Kazuya is one the four characters I most play and most of the time I was using the Ex ewgf just to get my opponent out of my face.

2013 version was a hard change for me, some of the zoning game (Raven's shuriken, for example) got nerfed hard, but overall I really like what they did... even if they absolutely some characters like Hugo (his pressure game is off).

I tried out cammy and rolento and wasnt really feeling it, I also tried out ryu, sagat, Guile, and bryan and didnt like playing them either...
Hum...how do you feel about Ibuki, Alissa or Jin?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
step 1: put Hwoarang on your team
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

seriously though, there is NO reason to not put Hwoarang on any team. He doesn't need meter for anything besides big solo combos. give him the meter gem set and laugh as your bar goes up while locking your opponent down in blockstrings that always leave you at + frames.