What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
That model is hot not strong looking. Don't confuse career ambition or mental strength for physical strength as it pertains to filling the role of a well known strong looking super hero for a film. Look beyond your hard on for runway model-types.
dude you are so twisted with logic... its a comic book/movie... i may ask this once again, do you have to look strong to be strong in a comic book or science fiction movie?

the answer is no, Batman was no arnold, spiderman was nerdy as hell, and had power over super strong builds. in fact in real life martial arts allows a very skinny man take down a very large well built man.

the only reason she was built to look strong in those comics was the plain fact that america at that time had a fascist way of looking at Females in power roles. so she needed to look the part in narrow minded people of that time and age..

Women today are both beautiful and powerful without having to look like Men. and its insulting that you think they have to look like that, especially when its a fictional Comic and or movie, that gives her super strenght and or super powers that take away the need for her to have that build.

so in short.

She can look super Hot or feminine while still being Strong!

that's a fact Jack

Signed Jagged's Wife ;)

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
dude you are so twisted with logic... its a comic book/movie... i may ask this once again, do you have to look strong to be strong in a comic book or science fiction movie?

the answer is no, Batman was no arnold, spiderman was nerdy as hell, and had power over super strong builds. in fact in real life martial arts allows a very skinny man take down a very large well built man.

the only reason she was built to look strong in those comics was the plain fact that america at that time had a fascist way of looking at Females in power roles. so she needed to look the part in narrow minded people of that time and age..

Women today are both beautiful and powerful without having to look like Men. and its insulting that you think they have to look like that, especially when its a fictional Comic and or movie, that gives her super strenght and or super powers that take away the need for her to have that build.

so in short.

She can look super Hot or feminine while still being Strong!

that's a fact Jack

Signed Jagged's Wife ;)
Please stop trying to throw things at the wall to see what sticks. Just look at any female Olympic triathlon or MMA fighter or sprinter or weight lifter or bodybuilder or fitness competitor, all females now, and you'll see how wrong you are for thinking just because women can be muscular does not mean they are trying to look like men. That is very sexist actually to deny women of being able to maximize their muscles to greater size and strength because you think they will look like men. smh. Sorry to burst your bubble but many women athletes and actresses are buff and really look strong, not like that model you think looks strong because you think women should all be thin and frail looking with no muscle definition or size. So please let your husband do the commenting next time, because obviously you're a bit out of focus even though your his wife. Which by the way doesn't strengthen his argument just because his wife agrees with him and runs to his aid. lol If you think Holly Holm, Serena Williams, Gina Carano, or Angella Basette, (all of whom would have made a much much better Wonder Woman) look like men or are trying to look like men you are the one with the 1950's twisted logic. lol

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Please stop trying to throw things at the wall to see what sticks. Just look at any female Olympic triathlon or MMA fighter or sprinter or weight lifter or bodybuilder or fitness competitor, all females now, and you'll see how wrong you are for thinking just because women can be muscular does not mean they are trying to look like men. That is very sexist actually to deny women of being able to maximize their muscles to greater size and strength because you think they will look like men. smh. Sorry to burst your bubble but many women athletes and actresses are buff and really look strong, not like that model you think looks strong because you think women should all be thin and frail looking with no muscle definition or size. So please let your husband do the commenting next time, because obviously you're a bit out of focus even though your his wife. Which by the way doesn't strengthen his argument just because his wife agrees with him and runs to his aid. lol If you think Holly Holm, Serena Williams, Gina Carano, or Angella Basette, (all of whom would have made a much much better Wonder Woman) look like men or are trying to look like men you are the one with the 1950's twisted logic. lol
i give up trying to make you see reason.. to sick for this.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I know a 5'6 105 pound 50 year old woman who would absolutely trash you in a real fight.

In Camden, one tried to steal her handbag. When he was unsuccessful, the other two jumped in. In the end, she was unharmed - but the three assailants all had to taken to the hospital for various surgeries so they could walk again.

Now, this was about 10 years ago, but if anything she's more dangerous now. My point is, don't judge on looks. You have no idea what someone does day in and day out.

In the end, how you feel about her selection now will be usurped by how you feel watching her performance.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
I know a 5'6 105 pound 50 year old woman who would absolutely trash you in a real fight.

In Camden, one tried to steal her handbag. When he was unsuccessful, the other two jumped in. In the end, she was unharmed - but the three assailants all had to taken to the hospital for various surgeries so they could walk again.

Now, this was about 10 years ago, but if anything she's more dangerous now. My point is, don't judge on looks. You have no idea what someone does day in and day out.

In the end, how you feel about her selection now will be usurped by how you feel watching her performance.
"You have no idea what someone does day in and day out."

You say this yet you state that a 50 year old woman can kick his ass when you don't anything about what he does day in and day out. Follow your own advice bub.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
This! They have a very cynical and stupid approach to "balancing". NRS is a disgrace in this department compared to say Capcom. Capcom is usually very careful not to make new characters overpowered, to the point where they usually start out on the weaker side of the spectrum. And nerfs and buffs are generally just smaller overall. It shows that they attribute an intrinsic value to the balance of the game; NRS, on the other hand use lack of balance to sell DLC. Ironically enough, this approach of theirs can actually end up the bane of a DLC character, since they always end up overnerfing characters people complain about.

The huge nerf to Sektor after one damn week speaks volumes about what populistic morons they are.
You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Sektor's frame advantage was obviously way too good, and they said it was a bug that it remained after the day 1 patch.

NRS has done an incrementally good job regarding balance compared to the 2 games and I like that they're adding more and more people who do care about the competitive side of the game.

Cuz NRS hates Mystic Ermac
Are you seriously crying about Mystic Ermac?

Reactions: GAV

REO

Undead
So what I took in from skimming this thread after the past few days:

1.) Most people don't like unreactable 50/50 combo starters and constant setplay

2.) MKX vs MK9 for random reasons

3.) MKX vs SF5 for more random reasons

4.) Women who like to lift and are into body building are looked down upon

I'm out

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
People are talking about the casting of Wonder Woman in a thread about what you hate in MKX. Sounds like this thread is reaching the end of its life cycle.
I'm surprised it went this far, and didn't actually expected to pass 1 page honestly.

You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Sektor's frame advantage was obviously way too good, and they said it was a bug that it remained after the day 1 patch.

NRS has done an incrementally good job regarding balance compared to the 2 games and I like that they're adding more and more people who do care about the competitive side of the game.

Are you seriously crying about Mystic Ermac?

I've said countless of times that it was too good. Nice straw man, though.

It was definitely way too good since it allowed him to combo after virtually any trade. THAT was the dumb part about it. Well, and the tracking (which is still there). Those things deserved to be removed, but they took away his ability to hit confirm off of it, which is just Fisticuffs Cage all over.

NRS sucks at balancing and should adopt Capcom's philosophy on the matter.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I've said countless of times that it was too good. Nice straw man, though.

It was definitely way too good since it allowed him to combo after virtually any trade. THAT was the dumb part about it. Well, and the tracking (which is still there). Those things deserved to be removed, but they took away his ability to hit confirm off of it, which is just Fisticuffs Cage all over.

NRS sucks at balancing and should adopt Capcom's philosophy on the matter.
He can still hit confirm, just not full screen, and it's still a great pressure tool. Sektor is still fundamentally really really good.
Why are you whinning about Sektor's balance?

I hate fatalities. I used to love them back in the MK / MK2 days when you were kicking it with friends checking magazines for a new fatality input. With MKX, they got hella played around September '15 and now feel like Youtube ads in between matches.

I hate fatalities. I used to love them back in the MK / MK2 days when you were kicking it with friends checking magazines for a new fatality input. With MKX, they got hella played around September '15 and now feel like Youtube ads in between matches.
After seeing them like over 1000 times they become annoying. I do not mind the classic Fatalities, because they are short. Brutalities I really dig, especially after a combo, even if I lose the match.

He can still hit confirm, just not full screen, and it's still a great pressure tool. Sektor is still fundamentally really really good.
Why are you whinning about Sektor's balance?
Yeah, not full-screen. That's the message I'm conveying.

I'm complaining about the fact that they took away an ability he had (that wasn't broken), namely the ability to hit confirm from it into teleport uppercut.

It's way too early to remove tools like that. And it's just so ****ing dumb to do it selectively for one character and let the other variations keep their seemingly overpowered stuff.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't think unreactable 50 50 mix ups are necessarily a bad thing. I think the neutral game that leads to the 50 50s is what is bad.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yeah, not full-screen. That's the message I'm conveying.

I'm complaining about the fact that they took away an ability he had (that wasn't broken), namely the ability to hit confirm from it into teleport uppercut.

It's way too early to remove tools like that. And it's just so ****ing dumb to do it selectively for one character and let the other variations keep their seemingly overpowered stuff.
Yes, it was broken. It was really really really broken.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
"You have no idea what someone does day in and day out."

You say this yet you state that a 50 year old woman can kick his ass when you don't anything about what he does day in and day out. Follow your own advice bub.
You're right.

She can kick most peoples asses.

You don't have to be strong to be formidable though.