What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

Afumba

Noob
You know who doesn't hate Mystic Ermac?

Beyond Toxic...
I might have chosen the wrong phrasing, i admit that but its my oppinion. Nothing to do with toxic. I dont agree with several design choices regarding Ermac, especially for Mystic. And i dont think they care about Ermac as much as for others.

You disagree... fine with me. You have your oppinion and i have mine.

You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Sektor's frame advantage was obviously way too good, and they said it was a bug that it remained after the day 1 patch.

NRS has done an incrementally good job regarding balance compared to the 2 games and I like that they're adding more and more people who do care about the competitive side of the game.

Are you seriously crying about Mystic Ermac?
Yup i am. I wouldnt state it if i wasnt serious. if you have anything to say about that say it... whats the point of quoting ppl, asking if they are serious without saying anything on the matter.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I might have chosen the wrong phrasing, i admit that but its my oppinion. Nothing to do with toxic. I dont agree with several design choices regarding Ermac, especially for Mystic. And i dont think they care about Ermac as much as for others.

Yup i am. I wouldnt state it if i wasnt serious. if you have anything to say about that say it... whats the point of quoting ppl, asking if they are serious without saying anything on the matter.
The character has all the tools in the book plus more. What is there to whine about?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

You took it as an insult? Its not; Its a heads-up, dummy. :p

Watch Beyond Toxic on Twitch. I would have never even thought up what he does with Mystic, let alone the craziness he does with Spectral.

GAV

I thought this website was about mortal kombat, not 50 year old women who can "kick everyone's ass".

Then again, Blanche :DOGE
I think this thread should be re-named, ...

"Does MK stand for Mortal Kombat or Menstrual Cramping?"

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
An online ranking system that makes zero sense and no online matchmaking. Don't get me wrong, the new online is great. But playing it starts to feel pointless pretty quickly when only 1 match in 10 is someone on the same skill level.

Afumba

Noob
Und
GA36 said:
You took it as an insult? Its not; Its a heads-up, dummy. :p

Watch Beyond Toxic on Twitch. I would have never even thought up what he does with Mystic, let alone the craziness he does with Spectral.
Woops.. my bad the.. sry :) Just read toxic and didnt even think about the guy just the meaning.

Reactions: GAV

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Not so great Krypt content as it used to be. Much better than MK9 and with perfect visual and gameplay design, but still no videos of developers talking about characters, about process of development of the game, history of Mortal Kombat (like in Deadly Alliance), interviewes and such. I want more Extra bonus videos about MK, its developers and lore.
I think i am the only one who is STILL waiting for another "Cooking with Scorpion" video....

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Wow, this thread is still going!

You would think that with the correction of the netcode, which was by far and away the single biggest complaint that everyone had with this game in 2015, we would see some more gratitude from you crazy animals

If TYMers died and went to heaven, they'd probably complain that the damn clouds are too fluffy

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
I know a 5'6 105 pound 50 year old woman who would absolutely trash you in a real fight.

In Camden, one tried to steal her handbag. When he was unsuccessful, the other two jumped in. In the end, she was unharmed - but the three assailants all had to taken to the hospital for various surgeries so they could walk again.

Now, this was about 10 years ago, but if anything she's more dangerous now. My point is, don't judge on looks. You have no idea what someone does day in and day out.

In the end, how you feel about her selection now will be usurped by how you feel watching her performance.
Part of the ability to perform successfully in such a role as an actor/actress is the visual aspect of the character. As many of us know the Hollywood method of hiring certain actors for certain roles is who you know, not what you know or what you can do, which is how she obviously landed that role as WW. You seem to think the "looks can be deceiving" idea applies very broadly, which it doesn't, which is why when someone contradicts the norm that is expect for a particular ability such as your "not so strong looking lady friend of 5'6 and 105lbs" defies the norm, that makes it special but no the norm. So if you think visual significance is insignificant, then why do comics, and movies that use real life actors and even video games like MKX make their characters look so buff and muscular looking including the women? Don't bother to answer that you'll just keep making yourself look very closed minded and culturally backward.

GAV

Part of the ability to perform successfully in such a role as an actor/actress is the visual aspect of the character. As many of us know the Hollywood method of hiring certain actors for certain roles is who you know, not what you know or what you can do, which is how she obviously landed that role as WW. You seem to think the "looks can be deceiving" idea applies very broadly, which it doesn't, which is why when someone contradicts the norm that is expect for a particular ability such as your "not so strong looking lady friend of 5'6 and 105lbs" defies the norm, that makes it special but no the norm. So if you think visual significance is insignificant, then why do comics, and movies that use real life actors and even video games like MKX make their characters look so buff and muscular looking including the women? Don't bother to answer that you'll just keep making yourself look very closed minded and culturally backward.
Arguing that Wonder Woman doesn't have to be a thick girl would make me look closed minded and culturally backward, really?

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, both in real and imagined life...

This is Wonder Woman...

I'm intrigued...

Don't be mad; enjoy a little music...
Then, watch a movie...

Last edited:

GAV

This :u is what make fatalities everlasting in the classic games, now they are too long and with "over the top" gore, that make them boring after few watches, thus "finishing them".
I have to dominate someone in order to fatality them, like win a long stretch of matches - or win a round on one combo.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You are still saying nothing really. Just a blant statement without any specific content.

Anyway i still disagree with you.
- Absurd meterless and 1 bar damage.
- Safe wake ups and armor that reaches all the way behind you.
- Safe OH and Low mixups.
- Great footsies.
- Great anti air that leads to dumb damage.
- Whack ass air normals.
- Fast teleport that can punish any projectile on reaction.
- Dumb ass jump in mix ups.
- Converts from a jump kick to a full combo.
- 6 frame poke thats safe.
- Safe pressure.
- Safe armored move that heals him and puts you full screen.
- Overhead that reaches from here to China.

I can think more.
Cuz NRS hates Mystic Ermac
You are still saying nothing really. Just a blant statement without any specific content.

GAV

- Great footsies.
- Whack ass air normals.
- Safe pressure.

I can think more.

Afumba

Noob
- Great footsies.
- Whack ass air normals.
- Safe pressure.

I can think more.

Well about me making a blabt statement... if you had bothered reading what i wrote earlier you had noticed that i said it was nore about Mystics Design than anything. How he looks is mediocre at best, his floating sucks and the way he walks backwards is beyond bad. Beside that i would have like Mystic to play differently than it does.

About how good he is and your list...
Yes he does great damage but who in this game doesnt do mid 30s? This is getting old... lots of characters do too much dmg in mkx.

As far as his strings go you are exagerating. Since XL his fastest mid is 11f and there is a gap between it and the next hit. His b1 being changed/fixed to a high hurt him in my oppinion. His safe OH Low are uncancelable strings leading to 12/17% damage (others can do this with grabs and throws and shits), if he goes for big damage he has to risk it which means he gets a combo or eats one. You make it sound like this is who knows how good. Oh... and his overhead range i think is just mediocre what reach goes considering some other overheads.

Also you cant punish all projectiles in the game on reaction with his teleport.. So i call bullshit here. Sure i could be wrong and its me just being slow... but nah i dont think so.

And just to state it again his regular telepush is almost garbage especially considering some other special moves and all those whack half screen reaching normals. Most can punish it from anywhere, -24 is just laughable beyond anything.

To bring this to an end... he has good tools but there are characters that do most of what he does better/easier. Is he garbage - no. Is he great - no. For me he is somewhere middish - low middish. And i am mad about it cuz with a good tkp he would be better, a move i see no reason why it needs to be that unsave.

Anyways you have your oppinion and i have mine. If you need to know more about why not all ppls agree with your oppinion... go to the Ermac forum, enough ppls there disagreeing with you. Just read the last 1-2 pages of the general forum

Cheers

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
let's talk about those projectiles that dont go away if you make the right read and hit the opponent only to get launched for a full combo

haketh

Noob
- Great footsies.
- Whack ass air normals.
- Safe pressure.

I can think more.

You're not gonna reach this dude man

GAV

To bring this to an end... he has good tools but there are characters that do most of what he does better/easier. Is he garbage - no. Is he great - no. For me he is somewhere middish - low middish. And i am mad about it cuz with a good tkp he would be better, a move i see no reason why it needs to be that unsave.

Anyways you have your oppinion and i have mine. If you need to know more about why not all ppls agree with your oppinion... go to the Ermac forum, enough ppls there disagreeing with you. Just read the last 1-2 pages of the general forum

Cheers
This doesn't apply to the variation now. They were talking about how he was before he was buffed. Look at it now.

I was one of the guys saying it was weak, but that was before - and this is now.