What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
First of all, i have to say that i love mortal kombat as much as anyone else who shares the same passion, but this had to be done, besides, its meant to be funny

[Evil Craig]You know what we hate? Mortal Kombat XL, here's why.[/Evil Craig]

1. The Reset Option when you pause in training mode, why we need an option to reset in first place, its only on my way between move list and AI options when i want to practice.

2. We got a option to reset the game, but still no option to set the health to 5%, so i can actually practice Johnny's Cage Seido power's combos without having to set the AI to hit me until my health gets to 5%

3. D1 being 7 frames -5 to -6 and being a high crushing move at the same time, who though that was a good idea?

4. Jump attacks with priority over grounded normals.

5. Jump attacks that guarantee 50-50s if blocked because they're special cancelable, plus on block and guarantees mostly any kind of button pressing afterwards.

6. The punish indicator has the same color as the blood, if i had eaten carrots everyday since i were born until now, maybe sometimes i would be able to see it.

7. Some stages seems to run on a different frame rate (i'm looking at you emperor's coutyard)

8. The block stop mechanic, instead of just making sure i'm blocking, is preventing me to unblock and press buttons when i should have advantage, as result, super minus negative moves on block are super plus first before being super negative.

9. Thick throws that happen so fast and can't be neutral crouched as a defensive maneuver

10. If there is no unblocking frames, why can't my 10f normals punish a -10f move? I have to use a 10f reversal to punish it?

11. Cassie Cage a top 3 walkspeed character in the game, has a 11f mid starter string that covers half screen when both hits are used and is safe, can't be neutral crouched neither on first hit, or second, hard to stuff out, anti-airs neutral jumps, and still has a invincible restand move that grants a free jump attack, that guarantees a free 50-50 attempt with a guaranteed Overhead/Low mixup that blocking is a total guess, seriously, who though that was a good idea? Wait, did i spelled that correctly

12. Why Hatarang hitbox is disabled if Hat trick gets hit once on its way back, but Cyrax who places bomb on himself to protect from trades, gets his bombs to explode and hit anyone int after he gets hit? at no cost of meter too?

13. Sub-Zero's Ice Clone disappears if he gets hit, Hat Trick's Hat disappears if he gets hit even when its already traveling back, but Cyrax bombs doesn't disappear if he gets hit, who though that was a good idea?

14. Bo' Rai Cho only has one mid, everything else hits high, why can't he drink while in meditate?

15.[F.A.N.G] 10 seconds, your Bo' Rai Cho will vomit in 10 seconds[/F.A.N.G]

16. Different Juggle proprieties on every character Crouching

17. Even worse juggle proprieties on every character crouching while mashing d3, d4 or d1

18. Characters with very slow walkspeed and no defense to back it up

19. Characters with no armored launchers unless its a wakeup

20. Characters with one variation only and stupidly strong

21. Jump attacks that are still somewhat safe even after the trip guard window being increased.

22. Input storage so big that accidentally triggers moves you don't want to come out when trying to utilize command normals under specific situations at the right specifics times.

23. We got rid of Quan, only to meet a DLC character with the exact same thing.

24. We got rid of Tanya only to meet a DLC character with the exact same thing

25. People that breaks right away, and manage to build meter before you because character has much easier and safe way to build meter, only to break again when you catch him, again.

26. No Nightwolf, No Fujin, No Rain, No Sindel, No Sareena, No Frost, No Reiko, No Skarlet, No Shang Tsung, No Shao Kahn, No Noob Saibot, No Stryker, No Li Mei, where the hell is Ashrah?

27. KP2 being the last KP.

28. KP2 patch being the last patch.

29. Why Goro gets to MB is punchwalk to launch Johnny C gets do MB nut cracker to launch, and KL has to spend a bar in order to spend a bar to launch? Same thing can be said about "Tanyer"?

30. Not being able to combo from dust restand (I'm looking at you Pyromancer Tanyer!)

31. Buzzsaw's ex hat Grinder doesn't juggle unless it hits air bone.

REO

Undead
1.) Hard to Blockables / Pseudo Unblockables

2.) Unreactable 50/50s

3.) Safe 50/50s

4.) Vortexes / Setplay

5.) Almost half screen advancing normals

6.) Full screen advancing strings

7.) Around +8 or more Combo Launchers on block

8.) The jumping

9.) The lack of consistent anti-airs among the entire cast with no resource

10.) Auto correcting Dive Kicks / air special attacks

11.) Being able to do an air special attack in recovery after whiffing a Jump Attack

12.) Jailing / Loopable pressure

13.) Normals or melee attacks that have ZERO hurtboxes and cannot be traded with or whiff punished optimally

14.) Safe Armor Launchers

15.) Fast Half Screen Armor Launchers

16.) Massive low profiling

17.) Command Grabs that tick off fast and far advancing mids

18.) Command Grabs that are hard to punish on whiff

Last edited:

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Who are you comparing to as Tanya as the new DLC character? Alien? I am legit curious I only played Bo Rai Cho so idk who you were referring to

Goat-City

Banned
Nerf jump attacks for goodness' sake. Can't believe they added another character with a broken jump punch (Bo Rai Cho). Pokes should generally beat jump punches free and d2s should generally beat jump kicks free. Some bad uppercuts should still be bad like Sub Zero's, but he's still got s1 and frost bomb. Every character should have a great meterless anti air for jump punches at least. I don't mind jump punches being super plus too much as long as they easily get massacred by standing normals throughout the whole cast.

And can these half to full screen 12 frames or less mids be made highs like Tremor's? Dvorah, Cassie, Kotal and Predator for example all have free long range mids that can be made plus on block or staggered. Hate it.

These are my biggest gripes, but I agree with the OP mostly.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
x) Random ass frame data (like people having d1's that are 9 frame without good range / 6 frame d1's that are -10 on block and someone with 4x the range has nearly the same except -4)

x) RUN being at Satanic Speeds therefore the game having zero neutral almost. (knocks someone fullscreen, then tech rolls and runs back over before you can even shoot a fireball)

x) Braindead flowcharty play

x) Smoke doesn't have his own character with variations

x) No Kabal, Skarlet, Noob etc etc

x) Shitty ass wasted DLC slots tha noone gives a fuck about

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What REO said and i would like to add...

19.) 4 Felicia ass guest characters
20.) high reward stuff that is safe or plus on block
21.) IA NJP
22.) Command grabs do way too much damage and the recovery on whiff is not that bad on some of them, not to mention some tick off dumb ass normals. I firmly believe NRS should give up trying to make grapplers, I knew this since Bane happened to the humanity.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What REO said and i would like to add...

19.) 4 Felicia ass guest characters
20.) high reward stuff that is safe or plus on block
21.) IA NJP
22.) Command grabs do way too much damage and the recovery on whiff is not that bad on some of them, not to mention some tick off dumb ass normals. I firmly believe NRS should give up trying to make grapplers, I knew this since Bane happened to the humanity.
What command grabs are you referring to?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
1. Any far advancing string being mid...
2. D4's being almost impossible to wiff punish by the cast.
3. Lack of Anti air options across the board, including the scaled damage opposed to a jump in attack.
4. Safe 50/50's.
5. NJP's being safe and overhead on the way down. Surly it should be safe on the up because its mid, and punishable on the way down at its OH??
6. Horrific lack of mids vs everyone having an 8 frame poke somewhere.
7. Disturbing lack of defensive designed characters.
8. Health regeneration moves being in the game but being sooooo weak that they are useless.
9. Two or three characters having double or tripley good mid options while others have none.
10. Random dishing out of weak and strong uppercuts before the game could even be played. Uppercuts should be universal, same as throws.
11. Lack of X-Ray's that recapture the opponent. IMO, all X-Rays should re-stand with advantage, giving them a strong presence in the game.
12. Characters with excellent normals also having excellent armoured options.
13. Any armoured move being safe.
14. Serious amount of low profiling
15. Hard to blockable's, and lack of reward for blocking them. (Props is not enough)
16. Pokes being special cancellable.
17. Block stun on punishable moves.
18. Auto block post certain strings and specials.
19. Command grabs that cannot be crouched or NJP'd as they start up too fast for reactions.

Last edited:

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
1) Sore facial muscles from smiling too much everytime I load the game up.

2) Having to continuously get the dust off my other games since they became irrelevant after MKX came out.

3) Thinking about MKX too much and forgetting the nuances of basic human interaction.
"Crazy weather we're having eh?"

"Yeah but you can just bait the slide and punish with f412"

"...."

4) Having to wash all the cum stains out of my underwear from the multiple orgasms i get landing a 45% combo.

5) STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT 50/50'S!!!!!!11