What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

Lmao, Yugioh villain xD, i'm done!

nah but hey Cossner, if he won't play you i'd be more than happy to play sektor mirrors again. I still think they could've left the rockets + enough to hitconfirm into full sreen tele while still not having anywhere near enough + to get knocked on your ass, get up and still punish it, lol. Hit advantage aside though Sektor is a great character all around. Hell its still possible to hitconfirm into tele every now and then if your watching like a hawk.

You'd have to react in less than 17 frames, which becomes problematic when you're not just fishing for a movement but a particular one at that; one that is hard to distinguish from the other option (blocked missiles) on the first frames.

Maybe it's possible, but mathematically it doesn't sound likely -- unless the frame data is inaccurate.

I don't think it should have been left the way it was since it was well over 100+ on hit, but something like 55+ would have made it powerful, yet fair.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Oh god are you like a Yu-Gi-Oh villain? You don't want to play against me because you know you're gonna get rekted and prove that whatever opinion you have on why "Sektor got nerfed to hell" is based on very average gameplay. Yes, we all know you can blow up the rockets, characters like Ermac can b1 xx tele and get ez mode punishes. But the amount of reward you got for something that's so easy to land against both knowledgable and not knowledgable opponents was way, waaayyy too high. And yes, I do doubt the length of your skill based on the fact that you think Sektor even needed that, even though Sektor has every tool he needs plus more. You also don't mention anything that'd make me think you're a high level player, and you clearly don't follow the competitive scene that much. I'm supposed to argue and take your opinion at heart but you're not willing to show that you know what you're talking about. There's nothing constructive about what you've posted since you signed up. Crying about a ridiculous tool makes you and the Sektor community look bad. How about you go make a name for yourself instead of whinning about things the community at large (and Im not talking about TYM randos) agrees was too stupid. Including Sektor players that are wayyy better than you.

As I said, keep ducking my challenge. I'm sure you'll earn everyone's respect doing that.
I died at Yu-Gi-Oh villain.

Wait, you main Sektor now? What about Lord Reptile? You're tearing me apart, Cossner!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I hate it because I can't find one character with a decent balance between all three variations that I would actually be interested to main. I don't want an OP character, just a character that i can go through all three variations with.

Once again, NRS gets it wrong #NotTournamentViable
Kano has 3 very very distinct variations. Although, arguably there's only 1 that's truly tournament viable.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
NJPs are at least punishable on the way up. JiPs though.. for fuck's sake, the most autopilot moves in the game. On hit you get a full combo, on block you jail and on whiff you're not really all that punishable.
They are yes, depending who you're fighting. It'd be better if AAs weren't such cheeks. But I feel ya on JiPs.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
They are yes, depending who you're fighting. It'd be better if AAs weren't such cheeks. But I feel ya on JiPs.
The thing that makes AAs so absurdly difficult is the dumb hitboxes and the absolutely bizarre angles you can get hit from. I can't count the number of times I got hit from 90 degrees or slightly less.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I died at Yu-Gi-Oh villain.

Wait, you main Sektor now? What about Lord Reptile? You're tearing me apart, Cossner!
I like how Sektor moves much much more. I also like that he has a lot more pressure options and better damage. He's also really cool and red. Did you know know that my first character in mk9 was actually Sektor?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I like how Sektor moves much much more. I also like that he has a lot more pressure options and better damage. He's also really cool and red. Did you know know that my first character in mk9 was actually Sektor?
Huh. Wow. You learn something new everyday.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I'd like another crack at that headache you call Sektor soon.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
FROST?! We dont need a female version of a male character that already has a cybernetic version, especially since we have a blue female ninja as well

Bringing this thread back because, yeah.

Sidenote: So far it seems every single thing from this thread was adressed in MK11, so lets hope.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Breathable hitboxes

Low profiling

50-50's everywhere!

Hard-to-Blockables

Not being able to punish a -10 move with a 10 frame normal.

"Rekkas"

Devorah being braindead.

I can't believe i'm saying this, but...Tanyer got hammered too badly. She was hella stupid back then, but man...

Tarkatan Alien being called the next "Kobu." Let's see how long that lasts...

Shinnok doing a terrible job trying to keep Bo Rai Cho out of this game.

"The great passive aggressive plague of 2015ers and onward."

People who say they can react to 18 frame overheads and say it's a "read."
Well some of these things were pretty fucking prophetic of me.