What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

Afumba

Noob
This doesn't apply to the variation now. They were talking about how he was before he was buffed. Look at it now.

I was one of the guys saying it was weak, but that was before - and this is now.
GAV i know what you are saying to me i just dont agree. He is better than he was but he isnt more than okayish in my book. I can have an oppinion without it having to agree with everybody. I never said i am right or wrong... just my oppinion and how i see ir. If it should change along the way and it would turn out i was wrong than i was wrong, if i stick to my oppinion than it is what it is.

And btw... it still wouldnt change the fact that it doesnt play like i want it to be. ;) Ofc this is my personal issue but i am still allowed to say that i hate that in a thred like this.

You're not gonna reach this dude man
Well... if there is somene who would never reach me about anything its probably you.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Fine. You keep telling yourself that Sektor with the ability to hit confirm into teleport uppercut is stronger than anything else this game has to offer then.
Yes, it was. It was a dead sentence for anyone who guessed wrong. You just didn't know how to use it correctly. What's your PSN/GT, I want to play with you because the way you talk about Sektor you must be a really high level player.

Because it's not like you can run past it or anything. Nope. And you can't teleport it on reaction consistently if the tracking I suggest is removed disappears. Nope. Nor can you uppercut it on reaction for a very favourable trade every time up close. Nah, not at all. Completely risk free, broken move, just like you're saying.

(Protip:

Sorry, I don't play with petty keyboard warriors. But I'm sure your behind must be aching from all the losses to Sektors considering your passionate defense of his nerf on here.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Because it's not like you can run past it or anything. Nope. And you can't teleport it on reaction consistently if the tracking I suggest is removed disappears. Nope. Nor can you uppercut it on reaction for a very favourable trade every time up close. Nah, not at all. Completely risk free, broken move, just like you're saying.

(Protip:

Sorry, I don't play with petty keyboard warriors. But I'm sure your behind must be aching from all the losses to Sektors considering your passionate defense of his nerf on here.
You cant run past it after b2 or f21, no you cannot make it whiff on teleport unless they do it late and theyre full screen, uppercut on reaction would lose the trade and get 30%+.

I have never seen you or heard about you in any tournament. If anything the keyboard warrior is yourself. I main Sektor, FYI. Why are you scared to play me?

Last edited:
You cant run past it after b2 or f21, no you cannot make it whiff on teleport unless they do it late and theyre full screen, uppercut on reaction would lose the trade and get 30%+.

I have never seen you or heard about you in any tournament. If anything the keyboard warrior is yourself. I main Sektor, FYI. Why are you scared to play me?
Nope. Just not interested in playing with you. I don't know you and I don't like you, so why would I? It's obvious at this point that this is nothing more than a pissing contest to you. Nothing in the slightest bit interested in participating in, at all.

As for my skill I've held my own against some of the highest caliber of players Europe has to offer in fighters where I've been truly devoted. MKX is not one of those games -- even though I've only met around two people online considerably better, but that says more about the level of online players. If you've analyzed this game properly and followed the meta since its inception I would hope for your sake that you'd be able to put up a fight.

Been watching a few tournament videos though and your name doesn't ring a bell. Are you suggesting you're special?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Nope. Just not interested in playing with you. I don't know you and I don't like you, so why would I? It's obvious at this point that this is nothing more than a pissing contest to you. Nothing in the slightest bit interested in participating in, at all.

As for my skill I've held my own against some of the highest caliber of players Europe has to offer in fighters where I've been truly devoted. MKX is not one of those games -- even though I've only met around two people online considerably better, but that says more about the level of online players. If you've analyzed this game properly and followed the meta since its inception I would hope for your sake that you'd be able to put up a fight.

Been watching a few tournament videos though and your name doesn't ring a bell. Are you suggesting you're special?
1) Makes dumb statements about Sektor. Feels like he's the authority on Sektor.
2) Gets challenged to see credentials. Nothing is found when name is googled.
3) Refuses to fight, we should just blindly trust his opinion.
4) Says he has 'held his own against some of the highest caliber in Europe', doesn't mention names, tournaments, or gameplay videos.
5) Calls a regular tournament player a keyboard warrior.

Mkay. TYM 2016

Last edited:
I know what I hear -- disinformation and lack of knowledge on how to counter his up rockets. Bad arguments are bad arguments regardless of who uses them. False information is false information regardless of who spouts it.

Do I think I would beat you? No idea. Don't know your skill level. Does it matter? Nope. All I know is that you're calling a full-screen hitconfirmable broken when a large portion of the cast has one. The only two reasons I can see for such a statement are lack of knowledge or populism, of which neither is particularly flattering.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I know what I hear -- disinformation and lack of knowledge on how to counter his up rockets. Bad arguments are bad arguments regardless of who uses them. False information is false information regardless of who spouts it.

Do I think I would beat you? No idea. Don't know your skill level. Does it matter? Nope. All I know is that you're calling a full-screen hitconfirmable broken when a large portion of the cast has one. The only two reasons I can see for such a statement are lack of knowledge or populism, of which neither is particularly flattering.
I can't hear you over the sound of you ducking. You have no idea how to use the rockets if you're making yourself punishable. You have yet to mention any names or show any gameplay footage. Are you MuffinMuggers?

Last edited:
I already told you I have literally no reason to play you. You can go ahead and believe I'm bad for all I care. It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'm just interested in the balance aspect here, and your reasoning is flawed.

As for being bad if I get punished for using up missile:

I never said I got punished; I was addressing the uses people attribute to the move. You can't just throw it out recklessly up close. You have to use strings/moves that push them away if that's what you're aiming for. b+2 or 2,1,2 for instance. From afar anyone with a good teleport should be able to punish you quite easily, though.

I personally use up missiles mostly on downed opponents, but it depends on the matchup.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I already told you I have literally no reason to play you. You can go ahead and believe I'm bad for all I care. It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I'm just interested in the balance aspect here, and your reasoning is flawed.

As for being bad if I get punished for using up missile:

I never said I got punished; I was addressing the uses people attribute to the move. You can't just throw it out recklessly up close. You have to use strings/moves that push them away if that's what you're aiming for. b+2 or 2,1,2 for instance. From afar anyone with a good teleport should be able to punish you quite easily, though.

I personally use up missiles mostly on downed opponents, but it depends on the matchup.
Them keyboard warriors.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
That's a cute chicken. Don't know what it has to do with the nerf to Sektor's up rocket, though. Your inclination for fallacies reveals a petty nature. Keep swingin' 'em ad hominem!
Oh god are you like a Yu-Gi-Oh villain? You don't want to play against me because you know you're gonna get rekted and prove that whatever opinion you have on why "Sektor got nerfed to hell" is based on very average gameplay. Yes, we all know you can blow up the rockets, characters like Ermac can b1 xx tele and get ez mode punishes. But the amount of reward you got for something that's so easy to land against both knowledgable and not knowledgable opponents was way, waaayyy too high. And yes, I do doubt the length of your skill based on the fact that you think Sektor even needed that, even though Sektor has every tool he needs plus more. You also don't mention anything that'd make me think you're a high level player, and you clearly don't follow the competitive scene that much. I'm supposed to argue and take your opinion at heart but you're not willing to show that you know what you're talking about. There's nothing constructive about what you've posted since you signed up. Crying about a ridiculous tool makes you and the Sektor community look bad. How about you go make a name for yourself instead of whinning about things the community at large (and Im not talking about TYM randos) agrees was too stupid. Including Sektor players that are wayyy better than you.

As I said, keep ducking my challenge. I'm sure you'll earn everyone's respect doing that.

Last edited:
I'm not here to earn respect though. I'm here to discuss gameplay. It's perfectly fine if you believe whatever about me. I don't care.

It's not so much that I think Sektor needs anything as it is that i dislike NRS's nerfing philosophy and think it was too early to make such drastic changes.

Also, since the cyborgs are just variations and thus have so much in common, it should be easy to balance them. Yet the nerf to Sektor evidently put him quite far behind Cyrax and CSZ.

I just don't see how his tools are comparable to theirs. The good qualities he has are mostly universal, except for like f2,1,2,bb and teleport against some match ups.

I don't mind playing your Sektor by the way; I'm just heavily opposed to the fallacious implied idea that it has anything to do with this discussion.

If you're an even better player than myself it could be educational. Pretty sure it can't be convincing to the point where his tools come off as balanced visavi CSZ and Cyrax, though.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I hate it because I can't find one character with a decent balance between all three variations that I would actually be interested to main. I don't want an OP character, just a character that i can go through all three variations with.

Once again, NRS gets it wrong #NotTournamentViable

The run jump vs run up strings thing is why i keep playing buzzsaw. It makes playing the game so much different with low hat. Plus buzzsaw is just fun except for the baby damage.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Oh god are you like a Yu-Gi-Oh villain? You don't want to play against me because you know you're gonna get rekted and prove that whatever opinion you have on why "Sektor got nerfed to hell" is based on very average gameplay. Yes, we all know you can blow up the rockets, characters like Ermac can b1 xx tele and get ez mode punishes. But the amount of reward you got for something that's so easy to land against both knowledgable and not knowledgable opponents was way, waaayyy too high. And yes, I do doubt the length of your skill based on the fact that you think Sektor even needed that, even though Sektor has every tool he needs plus more. You also don't mention anything that'd make me think you're a high level player, and you clearly don't follow the competitive scene that much. I'm supposed to argue and take your opinion at heart but you're not willing to show that you know what you're talking about. There's nothing constructive about what you've posted since you signed up. Crying about a ridiculous tool makes you and the Sektor community look bad. How about you go make a name for yourself instead of whinning about things the community at large (and Im not talking about TYM randos) agrees was too stupid. Including Sektor players that are wayyy better than you.

As I said, keep ducking my challenge. I'm sure you'll earn everyone's respect doing that.
Lmao, Yugioh villain xD, i'm done!

nah but hey Cossner, if he won't play you i'd be more than happy to play sektor mirrors again. I still think they could've left the rockets + enough to hitconfirm into full sreen tele while still not having anywhere near enough + to get knocked on your ass, get up and still punish it, lol. Hit advantage aside though Sektor is a great character all around. Hell its still possible to hitconfirm into tele every now and then if your watching like a hawk.