What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Hey mate!

Yeah, I know you showed me. At that moment I stuffed it every time. But I tried again later in practice and only got it down around 20% of the time, if even that. And then I didn't even have to take different wakeup timing into account.

I don't understand the part about not being an anti-air; when I attempted to jump on his wakeup I got hit.

My point isn't that we need to nerf the move, it is rather that we should leave these ****ing characters alone for a while and explore their tech and potential counters. Sektor got destroyed, and I'm just saying it makes no sense since he isn't even the strongest out of them all.

Sektor was absolutely broken before launch. Ex flamethrower + on block. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? The same incompetence that had them consider giving him such a broken tool was the reason they overnerfed him. His missiles are currently +43 on hit which is impossible to hitconfirm from with teleport uppercut. Something like 50 frames would make it possible without retaining those dumb trades into full combos he could do before. That's fair.

MKX is a fun game, but I miss the mobility of MK9. Also, I personally prefer frame trap heavy games to 50/50 dominated ones; frame traps require more knowledge to apply effectively.
Play D'Vorah then. She's the Queen of Frame Trapping.

I don't like how they nerfed chip damage across the board. It needed to be nerfed for Lao and Tanya, sure. But plenty of weak characters like Fisticuffs and Unbreakable relied on the high amount of chip in this game to be remotely viable variations.

A lot of these changes haven't actually nerfed the characters that needed to be nerfed, they just widened the gap between casual and competitive play. Quan still has absurd combos and mixups, you just need to manage your meter better. Jacqui has a good wakeup option to put her back in the neutral, but she is still trash in the neutral anyways. 4u4 was made an easier input, but it's still stupidly hard to perform for absolutely no reason, other than to warn people who want to pick this character to stay the hell away unless they enjoy putting in a ton of work for very little reward.

Kenshi got a couple issues fixed, some combos are easier, and they threw him some neat gimmicks. There's still absolutely no reason to pick that character. Same with Jason, same with Unbreakable, same with Goro, same with Ferra/Torr. They look all shiny and new, but the same issues that kept those characters from being good are still there. They're lazy fake buffs.

They nerfed Tremor and Tanya just so that KP2 would sell. No other reason. Nobody complained about Tremor. Nobody thought he was OP. Nobody thought he didn't require skill. They destroyed the character people paid money for so that people would shell out more money for Sektor. Tanya's rekka pressure was nerfed into oblivion so that people would buy Alien and use his rekka pressure. They got your money, they don't care about those characters or the people who play them. And now that everybody's bought KP2 it's time to nerf everyone in it, starting with Sektor because casual crybabies can't be patient.

I don't like how they nerfed chip damage across the board. It needed to be nerfed for Lao and Tanya, sure. But plenty of weak characters like Fisticuffs and Unbreakable relied on the high amount of chip in this game to be remotely viable variations.

A lot of these changes haven't actually nerfed the characters that needed to be nerfed, they just widened the gap between casual and competitive play. Quan still has absurd combos and mixups, you just need to manage your meter better. Jacqui has a good wakeup option to put her back in the neutral, but she is still trash in the neutral anyways. 4u4 was made an easier input, but it's still stupidly hard to perform for absolutely no reason, other than to warn people who want to pick this character to stay the hell away unless they enjoy putting in a ton of work for very little reward.

Kenshi got a couple issues fixed, some combos are easier, and they threw him some neat gimmicks. There's still absolutely no reason to pick that character. Same with Jason, same with Unbreakable, same with Goro, same with Ferra/Torr. They look all shiny and new, but the same issues that kept those characters from being good are still there. They're lazy fake buffs.

They nerfed Tremor and Tanya just so that KP2 would sell. No other reason. Nobody complained about Tremor. Nobody thought he was OP. Nobody thought he didn't require skill. They destroyed the character people paid money for so that people would shell out more money for Sektor. Tanya's rekka pressure was nerfed into oblivion so that people would buy Alien and use his rekka pressure. They got your money, they don't care about those characters or the people who play them. And now that everybody's bought KP2 it's time to nerf everyone in it, starting with Sektor because casual crybabies can't be patient.
i mean no disrespect but you have no idea of what you are talking about when you say the buffed characters had lazy fake buffed. just to let you know kenshi is a very good character now and f/t is even better than he already was. even jacqui is a better character now.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
i think they should have an option on injustice to switch in menu button settings, RT to block or back to block.

but i wouldn't change it.. that may be a reason why alot play injustice is they like the game mechanics on it better.
I don't know if that's possible to have an option to switch from a dedicated block button to back for block because then the game mechanics would contradict because of movement. Having a dedicated block button frees up the movement and gives you better control without having to constantly shift to a defensive position that automatically forces you to play a "keep away" game because of having to walk backwards to block. Back to block is the worse thing for fighting games man. But of course NRS is going to be stupid and sacrifice great movement and mobility just to make the game "feel different" from its other fighters. smh.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Worry not, Injustice 2 info will start coming out soon enough...

...and then you can have that to whine about too.
That Batman, that Wonder Woman, that Green Lantern are just....horrible looking. Now that Flash looks like the anemic version of Flash. The only ones that look decent are of course Stupidman, Cryborg, and Caquaman.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
We need a training option where all opponent combos and specials can be made to be safe on block. That way we can train against any character and never get a single hit or reversal in, so that when you play online every move and special your opponent does will be punishable on block. We also need a patch to make all D1, D2 and D4 armorable.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hey mate!

Yeah, I know you showed me. At that moment I stuffed it every time. But I tried again later in practice and only got it down around 20% of the time, if even that. And then I didn't even have to take different wakeup timing into account.

I don't understand the part about not being an anti-air; when I attempted to jump on his wakeup I got hit.

My point isn't that we need to nerf the move, it is rather that we should leave these ****ing characters alone for a while and explore their tech and potential counters. Sektor got destroyed, and I'm just saying it makes no sense since he isn't even the strongest out of them all.

Sektor was absolutely broken before launch. Ex flamethrower + on block. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? The same incompetence that had them consider giving him such a broken tool was the reason they overnerfed him. His missiles are currently +43 on hit which is impossible to hitconfirm from with teleport uppercut. Something like 50 frames would make it possible without retaining those dumb trades into full combos he could do before. That's fair.

MKX is a fun game, but I miss the mobility of MK9. Also, I personally prefer frame trap heavy games to 50/50 dominated ones; frame traps require more knowledge to apply effectively.
i get what your saying, but at the same time frame trap characters are the same as 50/50 characters, in the sense that its a guess game... you have to guess weather they hit 3-4-5 times or you have to guess low oh or throw... and if you guess wrong on either you are in full combo.

the people say that guessing isn't skill, is wrong. its apart of getting into thier head, to say guessing isn't skill is saying chess isn't skill. planning several moves ahead of them.

my point is either if it was 50/50's or whatever method every game has involved guessing.. and its apart of mk. if they want a boring game go play another one...

and on another note i get what you are saying @Guds Skyfall .

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
that wonderwoman is hot and i accept that..

if you want muscular i think your looking for something else...cus she is perfect
Hotness is not the issue or has anything to do with Wonder Woman. This model is hot yes as a model, but can never represent the fictional super hero Wonder Woman. Seeing her play such a physically strong character as Wonder Woman is like seeing skinnyass and weak looking Chris Rock as Batman.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Hotness is not the issue or has anything to do with Wonder Woman. This model is hot yes as a model, but can never represent the fictional super hero Wonder Woman. Seeing her play such a physically strong character as Wonder Woman is like seeing skinnyass and weak looking Chris Rock as Batman.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
a woman can be both hot and strong at the same time, i think you got the two confused

This! They have a very cynical and stupid approach to "balancing". NRS is a disgrace in this department compared to say Capcom. Capcom is usually very careful not to make new characters overpowered, to the point where they usually start out on the weaker side of the spectrum. And nerfs and buffs are generally just smaller overall. It shows that they attribute an intrinsic value to the balance of the game; NRS, on the other hand use lack of balance to sell DLC. Ironically enough, this approach of theirs can actually end up the bane of a DLC character, since they always end up overnerfing characters people complain about.

The huge nerf to Sektor after one damn week speaks volumes about what populistic morons they are.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
a woman can be both hot and strong at the same time, i think you got the two confused
That model is hot not strong looking. Don't confuse career ambition or mental strength for physical strength as it pertains to filling the role of a well known strong looking super hero for a film. Look beyond your hard on for runway model-types.