What's new

Raiden Video: Blowing up the invincible teleport and interrupting strings

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
CSZ can punish the teleport with 1 since its 9 frames. no need for instant dive kick that is punishable if done late.

but....Pig probably already knew that. CSZ is the Raiden-Destroyer!
true

csz gives raiden a hard time

cant u just d1 with kitana? why not get your advantage of d1 on hit and pressure him? or can he escape the presur with teleport?

BTW What if the raiden player does the teleport between strings and waits for you to commit to something and teleports on reaction. for example 334 at the end of the string he waits for you to do something and then teleports?

Anyways good stuff, putting that out there

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Pig Of The Hut with raidens kick block string you can punish it with kabal with his ex dash but if the raiden dials in the tele you take the damage but the dash goes thru the tele only happened to me once but that was when i was playing kabal i dont know if it changes anything but try dialing in the tele and see what happens

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut with raidens kick block string you can punish it with kabal with his ex dash but if the raiden dials in the tele you take the damage but the dash goes thru the tele only happened to me once but that was when i was playing kabal i dont know if it changes anything but try dialing in the tele and see what happens
Oh I know and agree

I'm not telling anyone what raiden players will always do , I'm just letting everyone know their options

Reading your opponent is up to u

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Pig, I love you man, and your working hard to help the kommunity, but Raiden is top tier when he's not played like a Teleporting idiot.

The reason why Me, F0xy, Mustard and Ketchup believe Raiden is a great character with so much potential, is because we have fought against it.

Go to 2:54, and watch Nivek's Raiden in action, he plays the character like it is suppose to be, and these guys know, the teleport is not the invincible tool that most people believe it is.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
It was against Nivek's raiden that it happened as well at svb when i was just messing with kabal dashing about the place the funniest things are found when your fucking around

Flagg

Noob
Wow, i've never really seen the Greeks in action and that was a quality video to watch!

I think the majority of Raiden players need to calm down if they think the character is garbage because teleport is easier to punish now. If your whole game was based on that then you got bigger problems than one special being blown up. It's like these Cyrax players that think Cyrax will be garbage without resets, which Mustard has proved you don't need.

If anything, discoveries like this will make Raiden players better. I mean, your character can walk backwards and forwards you realise?

Folux182

Noob
My friend and I play this match up all the time. You dont even have to anticipate it, you can do it on reaction. Its all bad for Raidens teleport

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
THTB blowing Reptile up
Pig Of The Hut blowing Raiden up

Pig's reaction = my reaction.

At least someone finally agrees with me that Raiden is ass.1f teleport big deal.CSZ has a 1f parry why isn't HE top? Fuck you lol.

So...time to find a new main.CHALLENGE ACCEPTED...Sub Zero lol.I'll be back to my baby now.

NKZero

Noob
Zer0Hundr3d how can you say Raiden is ass? If you are teleport happy then of course you are punished. You realise that the teleport is only a mind game and a counter tool right? Your interruptable strings can also work in your favour. You do B3 and then teleport while opponent throws out a move to interrupt, you punish. They respect your string. The teleport is the best move in the game in my opinion. You can even escape strings yourself with that move and then punish for 35%!!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
cant u just d1 with kitana? why not get your advantage of d1 on hit and pressure him? or can he escape the presur with teleport?

BTW What if the raiden player does the teleport between strings and waits for you to commit to something and teleports on reaction. for example 334 at the end of the string he waits for you to do something and then teleports?

Anyways good stuff, putting that out there
Her d+1 isn't advantage on hit.

B W1zZ

Noob
Haven't read through this entire thread yet, but the video isn't news to me and I'm used to playing with the assumption that my opponent knows of the string interrupts/tele punishers. But yeah this alone doesn't make Raiden any less a top character.

UsedForGlue

Il just say this, yes, the teleport is punishable if you just throw it out, without thinking.
If the opponent is expecting it and you just dial it in wrecklessly/impatiantly because you are trying to get in, then it won't work.

But that is the exact same for:

Any Teleport in the game - Minus Human Cyrax
The Dive Kick
The Spin
The Slide
The Jump In Punch
The Elbow Dash, The Blade Charge and Dive Punch.

I don't know who claimined it was invincble, but whoever said it, is an idiot, its a god dam special move.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
All i know is at MLG, Crazy Dominican was explaining to me why i can never teleport with Raiden. What I remember was.. "You cannot teleport or your dead" lol
You can teleport. You can't just go teleporting from tree to tree all nimbly bimbly like though. d4~tele, f2~tele, f23~tele, 2~tele, 22~tele, b2f1~tele all leave you at -3 on block. It's absolutely safe, but you're at disadvantage. It's really more just to throw them off and get them to make a mistake. This is about the only way you can use the teleport offensively.

UsedForGlue

You can teleport. You can't just go teleporting from tree to tree all nimbly bimbly like though. d4~tele, f2~tele, f23~tele, 2~tele, 22~tele, b2f1~tele all leave you at -3 on block. It's absolutely safe, but you're at disadvantage. It's really more just to throw them off and get them to make a mistake. This is about the only way you can use the teleport offensively.
The teleports that are -3 on block should be used to punish opponents who try to punish it on block wrong, same as any move that is -3 to - 4 on block.

Example, if you know you are -3 on block, and the opponent pokes you instead of going for a full block string, you can counter their poke with your poke, and be on advantage.

Same with Sonya's Cartwheel, same with Kung Laos Roll, Skarlets Red Dash into Low & Scorpions Take Down etc.

Bascially, anytime you think the opponent will block, don't poke, just full string instead, so if players do this to Raiden on his -2,-3 teleport block strings, he can counter them for punishing it wrong.

The teleports that are -3 on block should be used to punish opponents who try to punish it on block wrong, same as any move that is -3 to - 4 on block.

Example, if you know you are -3 on block, and the opponent pokes you instead of going for a full block string, you can counter their poke with your poke, and be on advantage.

Same with Sonya's Cartwheel, same with Kung Laos Roll, Skarlets Red Dash into Low & Scorpions Take Down etc.

Bascially, anytime you think the opponent will block, don't poke, just full string instead, so if players do this to Raiden on his -2,-3 teleport block strings, he can counter them for punishing it wrong.
how do you figure out the frame data for poke into teleport

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
http://testyourmight.com/threads/raiden-frame-data.13536/

Take the cancel on block advantages here and subtract the teleport's duration from it.

I don't know exactly if the 5 extra frames to turnaround can be applied here, though. If so, then the -3 strings when teleported would actually be +2.
You can turn around while he's teleporting so that wouldn't have any effect on the advantage.

EDIT: Assuming you make the read correctly.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Yeah that's true. Raiden's d1 and d3 give him +1 advantage on hit. This means after a d1 or d3 I can really only go for a 1212~teleport (if they block it i'm at -6) or a 121~shocker combo (which if they block it it's full combo punished) but any move that is 7 frame or faster will blow me up so it's character dependent. Any move 10 frames or faster would blow up a f2 combo or a 3 combo. Any move 13 frames or faster will blow up a b3 combo. I guess it depends on who I'm playing against. I could always go for more down pokes and escape pressure and play the spacing game which is probably my safest option. d4 will pretty much get beat by anything in this situation unless they go for a high string which is a total guess making it not safe enough for me to want to do. But yeah at least I can avoid getting full combo'd and poke my way out of pressure and at least try and start some sort of offense. Normally I could just teleport away but there's a cooldown on teleport.