What's new

Raiden Video: Blowing up the invincible teleport and interrupting strings

davidovitch

In Europe!
I have to say that video does not look very convincing. I know you can punish Raiden's teleport with most characters pretty well but even when the Raiden player was ONLY doing teleports the other player (Pig?) still missed more punishes than he hit, and those failed punishes are potential combos for Raiden. I think starting your input exactly when the teleport animation reaches Raiden's knees in the heat of battle requires godlike reflexes.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have to say that video does not look very convincing. I know you can punish Raiden's teleport with most characters pretty well but even when the Raiden player was ONLY doing teleports the other player (Pig?) still missed more punishes than he hit, and those failed punishes are potential combos for Raiden. I think starting your input exactly when the teleport animation reaches Raiden's knees in the heat of battle requires godlike reflexes.

I ask u to ask any raiden I've played

All I can say

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Pig posted this to show that Raiden's tp is actually punishable to those who didnt know it is, not if its easy to punish it or not.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
good stuff,again thanks for the video to go along with it
now i see why i was getting spark (16frame,db2) when went to charge9df2) just as radien teles

so if i need a 10 or under move baraka options would be..
spin (7frame)
charge (10 frame) but if ex tele is done radien can superman before my charge recovers, ex charge and ill be grand

also Pig Of The Hut when you were talking about reading the tele for a jip to block string, what is the best method to get this? alot of the time i try to read a tele and try jump back i over or under shoot for the punch to connect

Pig Of The Hut

good stuff,again thanks for the video to go along with it
now i see why i was getting spark (16frame,db2) when went to charge9df2) just as radien teles

so if i need a 10 or under move baraka options would be..
spin (7frame)
charge (10 frame) but if ex tele is done radien can superman before my charge recovers, ex charge and ill be grand

also Pig Of The Hut when you were talking about reading the tele for a jip to block string, what is the best method to get this? alot of the time i try to read a tele and try jump back i over or under shoot for the punch to connect
Hmm I just watch knees an jump back

I'll find a video for u

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
maaaaaaan! I'm being serious here. Ever since they nerfed his teleport it's really easy to punish. That's his main tool and they made it shit. Every string he has is interruptible except f24. He has no low starter. His normals are pretty slow. His d4 has no range. Once you are down on life good luck trying to win the match. He has no comeback ability. He can be out turtled by smoke and other turtle characters. Basically if i'm down on life what can i do? Can't teleport in. The only string i can use is f24. Wow... I HAVE to wait for someone to do something and make them whiff. If they play smart and make me come to them it's OVER. I HATE what NRS has done to Raiden who used to be top 5. Now is mid tier.
Not a raiden player but what is wrong with 1212? Maybe I just don't know the character well but I have never thought that string looked like it could be interrupted.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Not a raiden player but what is wrong with 1212? Maybe I just don't know the character well but I have never thought that string looked like it could be interrupted.
it's good after blocking something but it's not good to actually start an attack. If you duck it it's full punish.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I wanna see what other combos of raiden you can poke out of. Lol we need a poke video compilation for every character! Thatd be an awesome community project huh..? This will fuck up you jc's.. Frame trappin bastards

Not a terrible string but it's not that good either. Some of those will whiff on crouching opponents (if not all). 121 is the only variation that leaves raiden at neutral frames. 12 is negative, 1212 is negative. Still better than 334 and b312 IMO.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i dont think this makes him not a top ten character.. hes still a top character in my eyes, you just cant teleport randomly. and you can special cancel with teleport during those strings, so when his foe is trying to punish with armor or whatever raiden is now behind them..

my issue with raiden is the start up on the teleport not the reappearing.. however i will use that look at his knees tip..

with sindel i tend to punish with a IAF 3, but its more of a read then a reaction.

Pig Of The Hut

I wanna see what other combos of raiden you can poke out of. Lol we need a poke video compilation for every character! Thatd be an awesome community project huh..? This will fuck up you jc's.. Frame trappin bastards

I'm working on it

Sonya is next

The videos sarting w her will be more organized and planned

This was a spur of moment thing

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I don't get it, I'm glad its in video form, but how is this "new" tech? All of the punishes for the Teleport are found in the Raiden match up chart

Pig Of The Hut

oh man looking at their hips and knees i might get stuck looking at their package LOLOL :p

but yea fuck that i been using other characters for sindels bad/harder match ups now..
Lol nice

Pig what about kit and sindel...in terms of interrupting his string?
Let me test

Right now without trying and if I played w her u would anticipate it and go for a jump over into her kabal style offense

Other than Xray I don't think she can interrupt strings

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Lol nice

Let me test

Right now without trying and if I played w her u would anticipate it and go for a jump over into her kabal style offense

Other than Xray I don't think she can interrupt strings
Yea with sindel d+1 interrupts his strings. And the teleport she has to mix up. Not sure if her 11 frame 1 can punish it, never tried that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
CSZ can punish the teleport with 1 since its 9 frames. no need for instant dive kick that is punishable if done late.

but....Pig probably already knew that. CSZ is the Raiden-Destroyer!