What's new

Punished for Winning. 15-year old girl Quits Smash after beating pro due to harrasment

I'm a gril, so wut?

But seriously, this issue has never been black or white. Yeah, being a girl in a male-dominated hobby sucks sometimes, but at some point, you have to get with the teasing and dish it back. That's how I do it, bruh. And let's be honest, hanging out with dudes is really fun. I know that it's different online, it's 100x worse, and especially once you get a bit of traction and the spotlight on you, then you get all kinds of shitty comments.

15 is young to go through this, I hope she has friends that support her. But she also has to learn to either not read all comments or just brush them off. Cause who cares what some sweaty, Cheetos-eating drungo says about you? Do your thing and ignore that shit. Body his ass into the 5th salt dimension. Make him break his controller, hell make him break his console, it's all for the better anyways.

If you wanna run with the guys, you have to learn to not pull punches even if it's in our nature to be more passive. If you don't adapt, you'll get bodied, same as in FGs.

TL;DR: don't get RL bodied by Cheetos-eating drongos
The "im a gril" part still gets me lmao

One thing I love about Canada is all the chip flavours we have here: Smokey Bacon, Poutine, Roast Chicken, Ketchup, All Dressed, etc. Ketchup Doritos are absolutely (and surprisingly) fantastic.

Sadly I can't have milk ingredients now, so almost all of these flavours are out; but damn did they taste great!

Why would you let what some randos say online make you feel one way or another?
Sadly enough kids these days take it to heart sometimes. We may think it's silly but to them it's a issue. I've seen kids go to a house and wait for a 12yr boy to come out of his house to jump him. Over something said on the web. Can't imagine in that mindset something you poured a lot of your time into be disapproved and made fun of because you did good in a tourney. It's a soft world which creates all the problems tbh my thoughts anyway

Bigzo

Noob
Sorry mate but this take is bullshit.

It’s the ‘no true Scotsman’ fallacy. ‘No true member of the FGC would act like this’. Well let me tell you, a lot do. I even know many irl who consider themselves a member of the FGC who are toxic as fuck.

Nobody is saying that it’s the entire FGC or that all of the FGC should be held responsible. But you coming in here and acting like the FGC is perfect and has no toxic pieces of shit in it is hilarious and the complete other end of the spectrum.

How is this a no True Scotsman?

He's not saying no one in the FGC would act like this; he's saying that the people that are doing this aren't in the FGC.

And i'm inclined to agree. I haven't found any evidence linking any harrassers to the smash community other than the fact that they're trolls who might or might not play the game.

Bigzo

Noob
Why should a community take ownership for the actions of people when they don't even know whether or not they're active in it?

Bigzo

Noob
Smash community reminds me of why ppl hate it. I heard some smash player known as Inui who attacked a dude with a fucking Katana and apparently ate squirrels. The FGC has had some weirdos over the years but I don't think any tops that. Back on topic tho the ppl who were saying that shit to the girl are probably stream monsters who shouldn't be taken seriously anyways

It's pretty ironic really.

This is a community around a franchise that's known for pushing the boundary and being edgy with gore, violence, and nudity (albeit to a different extent these days with nudity). You'd think that we'd be the ones with the weirdos like this.

Nope. Instead, it's the community revolving around a game that was meant to be a non-competitive family fun game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Anyway, yeah that’s lame. Bullying is bad. Girls are cool and always welcome. Something about Jesus probably. Idk man

Bigzo

Noob
Anyway, yeah that’s lame. Bullying is bad. Girls are cool and always welcome. Something about Jesus probably. Idk man

Agreed. Trolling and fucking with people online is one thing. Doing it to a 15 year old girl is another.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just goes to show anyone can beat anyone in a video game. I watched her video a week ago, but that sucks that people harassed her. Obviously she's pro level since she beat a "pro" Kind of reminds me of fans of a certain player who whenever he gets beat go nuts defending this person. I shall not name this person. But I do genuinely feel bad for her but also respect her skills.

S+ Main

Noob
I'm from EU, and that shit ain't normal. Legal is not the same as normal, a grown up, 27 years old adult dating basically a boy is weird as fuck.
And as far as I know, the consent age being 16 doesn't mean it is legal to bang an underage person. It just means it is the minimal age where consent is taken into account by the court (before 16 it doesn't make a difference if they consent or not, if things go into tribunal is gonna be considered non-consensual), but I still think it's ilegal dating an underage unless you are one yourself, of course.
I'm not trying to defend him.
I'm just saying its different in some places, where I live a 16/17 with a 30/35 isn't unheard of and I know a girl dating a with a 29yr old and she got with them at 16 (been a few years from then). where I live its seen as weird but it happens more often than you would think.