What's new

Punished for Winning. 15-year old girl Quits Smash after beating pro due to harrasment

stokedAF

casual kahnage
16 is a child. You think its ok for someone who can barely drive to be dating an almost 30 year old?
Yeah that’s fucked up. If you are 18 dating a 16 year old I could see that point of view. If you are 30 you are just a scumbag. What are you gonna do, pick them up from school and take them to chuckee cheese? Legal or not, how can you even relate at that point.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Smash community reminds me of why ppl hate it. I heard some smash player known as Inui who attacked a dude with a fucking Katana and apparently ate squirrels. The FGC has had some weirdos over the years but I don't think any tops that. Back on topic tho the ppl who were saying that shit to the girl are probably stream monsters who shouldn't be taken seriously anyways

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I agree, it shouldn't happen and in a perfect world, it wouldn't. When I say 'dish it back and learn to deal with it' it's just because it's needed, unfortunately. If you don't do that, it invites people to bully you even more. I don't see anything wrong with fighting back, and yes people need to adapt to friendly teasing and whatnot, but bullying from strangers should honestly just be ignored.

It's kinda crazy to me that in 2019 some guys still don't know how to act normally around women, we're not a different species, for God's sake. I'm just happy that all the dudes I play with on here are freaking awesome. <3
Absolutely, if you're being pushed around PUSH BACK. I don't mean that people shouldn't stick up for themselves (they 100% should and we should back them up when they do). But it can't be all on the person getting the shit. People who know that behavior is wrong should call it out when the see it.

I don't know that this kind of thing is our battle to fight, or rather that we should fight it by putting people on blast and kicking people out of the community. I'm more of a lead by example guy. I show up, play the game, and shake hands. We all do that and the community will look just fine.
Respectfully, I don't think that's true. Nobody has ever become less of an asshole because someone quietly set a better example without saying anything.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Smash community reminds me of why ppl hate it. I heard some smash player known as Inui who attacked a dude with a fucking Katana and apparently ate squirrels. The FGC has had some weirdos over the years but I don't think any tops that. Back on topic tho the ppl who were saying that shit to the girl are probably stream monsters who shouldn't be taken seriously anyways
Apparently it was on Twitter too.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
he is almost 30? i thought he was early 20. okay thats rough but i still think calling him a pedo is too much. zack is not a child anymore.
Your missing the point.

If was under 16 when he was engaging him sexually or casually with intent then it's illegal. Period. Especially if your an adult.

The age limit in this situation would be moot. He's from Canada where in Ontario the age requirement is 16 and your viewed as a minor till 18 under the youth protection act.

The other is from the U.S. where his state has a requirement that 16 with a similar act under law that views and enforces situations like this until the age of 19 I believe.

Regardless of consent or mutual agreement with both parties he's would be brought up on charges and or worse either in the U.S. or here in Canada.

It's a international incident at this point.

As for the assholes being butthurt on Twitter they are just that. Lil Twitter minions doing Twitter minion things. It should not reflect their whole community and most already apologized.

Are community is nutty enough on Twitter and discords. So much so I wouldn't even believe 90% of what most say.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm victim blaming because I'm telling people to stand up for themselves? Fuck off, I'm going to go ahead and assume you're not a girl and as such, can't comment what it's like to be bullied by men. Take the shit if you want, be a pussy if you want, but I never got anywhere in life acting like a dead fish around piranhas.

The problem with your mentality is you want people to act the way you want them to, but you can't control people and never will. You can only control YOUR own actions. So do the right thing, and people will follow.

Change takes time, and you're not gonna get it by crying victim blaming. Teach girls to fight back and not take shit from anyone, PERIOD.
Have I told you lately that you're awesome? Because, you're awesome.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
This is the rub with the Smash community: if I say "oh, did you hear about that Smash player who tried to kill that guy at an event?" the response is "which one?" because of how often shit like that happens.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
This is the rub with the Smash community: if I say "oh, did you hear about that Smash player who tried to kill that guy at an event?" the response is "which one?" because of how often shit like that happens.
Holy shit. I've heard things about the Smash community, but I didn't realize it was that bad. It's a fucking video game. There's competitive emotions and then there's being a borderline, if not actual, sociopath.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Medical science has proven that the rational part of the human brain doesn't fully develop into full functionality until around the age of 25. But pop-off my dude. I've seen a lot of girls and dudes ruin their lives before they even get a diploma or GED because screwing around in high school is great fun.
Oh, that explains so much about some people that I've met. And if you've ever worked a customer service job, you'll see that there's people that are older than 25 and this part of their brain hasn't fully developed yet.