What's new

Punished for Winning. 15-year old girl Quits Smash after beating pro due to harrasment

S+ Main

Noob
I can’t stand scampi. Got myself some flame grilled steak McCoys though. God tier crisps.
McCoys are fire yano especially before they changed the recipe for the salt and vinegar ones. but salt and vinegar discos are fire. that shit is so salty it burns but in a good way.

@Vslayer Ruffles did, right after I had to cut milk from my diet; never got to try them :(. Interestingly, Metro's Selection brand of chips are surprisingly good and cheap. Their Ketchup chips and BBQ chips are fantastic! They have a Poutine flavour now too.

@stokedAF I remember many years back when my cousin came up from Philadelphia, and I introduced him to Smokey Bacon flavoured chips. He reluctantly tried them, saying it sounded gross. He ate one, then snatched the bag from my hand and at them all! He bought several bags to take home with him.

Flavours that are Canadian in origin, as I understand it: Ketchup, All Dressed, Dill Pickle, Bacon, Poutine. I'm sure I'm missing some; there's great variety here. My cousin told me they just had Regular, BBQ, and Salt and Vinegar mostly. There has to be more now as that was about 25 years ago.

@ItsYaBoi The Ketchup Doritos here, specifically, are a limited time. They bring them around every few years. The other Ketchups chips are standard.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
McCoys are fire yano especially before they changed the recipe for the salt and vinegar ones. but salt and vinegar discos are fire. that shit is so salty it burns but in a good way.
I know what you mean. I love myself some salt and vinegar sticks, same kind of sensation. Like some satisfying self flagellation.

@Juxtapose damn son. The UK ran that shit for a limited time and they were nice, but not seen them in yearssssss. Omw to Canada.

You know this gives me the prefect segway talk about something that's been on my mind for a long time. Trolling, just like pranks, has lost all meaning on the internet. There's gonna be people dismissing death threats and other vile responses she's got as "people just trolling, they really are normal people who are bored, they aren't evil and out to get you." Some probably already have.

Wrong.

Trolling is Ed Boon posting a pic of Rain saying upcoming DLC character and it turns out to be Shang Tsung. That's fine.

Someone making fun of the fact your cat has died (which has actually happened to me) is not a troll, they're an asshole at best and evil at worse. A good person does not do that.

Anyone who does that and still thinks they are a good person is seriously fucked in the head and in some ways worse than someone who just doesn't care cause at least someone who doesn't care understands what they are doing is wrong. This isn't a case of they don't see your face and forget they are interacting with a real person with emotions and not some NPC in a video game, they know you're miles away and can't do anything about it so they want to hurt you like the coward they are, fire and forget, they move on while you are still steaming days later.

Let's stop calling assholes trolls and call them what they really are, asshole.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
An adult dating a teenager is wrong. I’m 19 and I wouldn’t date a 16 year old, some people are just disgusting. I work at a restaurant and I have to keep the other waiters from hitting on the 16-17 year old hosts that work there,

@Living Corpse Yup. People "get away" with too much awful stuff online. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, that's much of why I've limited where I go online now.

There's been talk here of the government regulating the internet in general, and of course everyone is up in arms about it. There are some days though that I actually think a regulated internet may not be so awful after all. People have long had a free internet, and much of it is a cesspool of awful. If people can't properly govern themselves, well...

@Living Corpse Yup. People "get away" with too much awful stuff online. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, that's much of why I've limited where I go online now.

There's been talk here of the government regulating the internet in general, and of course everyone is up in arms about it. There are some days though that I actually think a regulated internet may not be so awful after all. People have long had a free internet, and much of it is a cesspool of awful. If people can't properly govern themselves, well...
I'll admit I am not a fan of the government regulating the net, all I ask is law enforcement be better equipped and educated about it and to take threats more seriously. There's been too many stories of someone going to police saying they are receiving threats online and they are laughed at till they end up on the news either dead or having been raped. And then the cops act surprised like "if only we had a heads up".

Like you take threats from a phone call or snail mail serious, how is the net different?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Vslayer Ruffles did, right after I had to cut milk from my diet; never got to try them :(. Interestingly, Metro's Selection brand of chips are surprisingly good and cheap. Their Ketchup chips and BBQ chips are fantastic! They have a Poutine flavour now too.
Man, haven't had Metro brand chips in a long time. I'm all about the Ms. Vickies and Fritos BBQ rings.

Man, haven't had Metro brand chips in a long time. I'm all about the Ms. Vickies and Fritos BBQ rings.
Ms. Vickies are good, though most of their flavours have milk powder :(. Suprisingly, Selection Brand Kettle Chips are pretty good too; really like their Mesquite BBQ.

I was just eating Humpty Dumpty's Ringloos BBQ yesterday.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ms. Vickies are good, though most of their flavours have milk powder :(. Suprisingly, Selection Brand Kettle Chips are pretty good too; really like their Mesquite BBQ.

I was just eating Humpty Dumpty's Ringloos BBQ yesterday.
Really? So weird that chips have milk in them. I'm lactose intolerant so maybe that's why my stomach always hurts when I eat them.

Really? So weird that chips have milk in them. I'm lactose intolerant so maybe that's why my stomach always hurts when I eat them.
That could be then. Lots of chips have milk powder and/or modified milk ingredients as part of the seasoning. You can read the ingredients on the back to see. For Ms. Vickies, if you can't have milk, you'll only want to eat their Original, Unsalted, or the new Honey Dijon flavour. All others have milk in them.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
That could be then. Lots of chips have milk powder and/or modified milk ingredients as part of the seasoning. You can read the ingredients on the back to see. For Ms. Vickies, if you can't have milk, you'll only want to eat their Original, Unsalted, or the new Honey Dijon flavour. All others have milk in them.
Half of these brands are alien to me as a Brit, but I know quite a few of our crisps are vegan.

Salt and vinegar sticks are vegan, as are onion ring crisps. So are Pringles Texas Flame BBQ (ironic right). Don’t know about other flavour Pringles.

Half of these brands are alien to me as a Brit, but I know quite a few of our crisps are vegan.

Salt and vinegar sticks are vegan, as are onion ring crisps. So are Pringles Texas Flame BBQ (ironic right). Don’t know about other flavour Pringles.
One difference I always find interesting is the wording. What you call crisps we call chips and what you call chips we call french fries.

We have various brands of vegetable chips here, though I haven't had them in a very long time. We have Sour Creme and Onion Ring snacks here, and they taste great (though they have milk ingredients so they're out for me). I don't recall any Pringles here being advertised as Vegan. I know the regular BBQ Pringles have milk in them, and I typically only eat Original Pringles.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm a gril, so wut?

But seriously, this issue has never been black or white. Yeah, being a girl in a male-dominated hobby sucks sometimes, but at some point, you have to get with the teasing and dish it back. That's how I do it, bruh. And let's be honest, hanging out with dudes is really fun. I know that it's different online, it's 100x worse, and especially once you get a bit of traction and the spotlight on you, then you get all kinds of shitty comments.

15 is young to go through this, I hope she has friends that support her. But she also has to learn to either not read all comments or just brush them off. Cause who cares what some sweaty, Cheetos-eating drungo says about you? Do your thing and ignore that shit. Body his ass into the 5th salt dimension. Make him break his controller, hell make him break his console, it's all for the better anyways.

If you wanna run with the guys, you have to learn to not pull punches even if it's in our nature to be more passive. If you don't adapt, you'll get bodied, same as in FGs.

TL;DR: don't get RL bodied by Cheetos-eating drongos
I quit a local scene because someone's little sister bodied their ass with Mournful Kitana and they were spewing shit at her. I went to the side and gave the kid the 101 on how to deal with salty shit, shared fistbumps and then excused myself and never went back because if a scene condones calling someone a spammer and making their gender an issue I'm out.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I quit a local scene because someone's little sister bodied their ass with Mournful Kitana and they were spewing shit at her. I went to the side and gave the kid the 101 on how to deal with salty shit, shared fistbumps and then excused myself and never went back because if a scene condones calling someone a spammer and making their gender an issue I'm out.
Good stuff, I hope she's still kicking their asses.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@GLoRToR "She's now maining Jade in this game."

@Vslayer: "Yeah, screw that then, bitch had it coming."

Bu seriously, though, good on ya man for taking a stand like that.
I hope so too. I never went back.

I hope she isn't. People who don't lab the Jade matchup talk all sorts of dumb shit about the character.
She's really carried by Air Glaive and if you are good at blocking and spacing, she's practically free.
Yeah that's true I'm good with Jade now, we're cool. I was playing Cassie as if I was still playing MKX, tho some of her tools make it possible to play her like that so is it really my fault? :p