What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think when a guy exclusively mains female characters there may be three reasons for that condition:
1) No father figure growing up.
2) Raised by two mothers.
3) A subconscious deep-rooted desire to be a woman and so exclusively maining a female character in some fantasy-way satisfies that desire to play as a woman.

I think you fall under that category. Maybe even you may have low testosterone levels. See your doctor.
That is really stupid, sexist, and rude.

I infracted you. Cool off or else.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Im sorry could someone point me the link to the terminology? Such as d1 or stuff like that. Sorry my first MK ish game
I think if you search for terminology you'll find the post. If I can find it I'll tag you here with the link.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Goldi

Noob
It's a video game. They could be stick figures for all it really matters. There's no deep psychological insight by which stick figure people are playing with. Damn.

I loved on Baraka in MK. But I have no desire to mimic him lol. Well, maybe his U4. But that's just a really awesome way to get on someone's couch.

I think when a guy exclusively mains female characters there may be three reasons for that condition:
1) No father figure growing up.
2) Raised by two mothers.
3) A subconscious deep-rooted desire to be a woman and so exclusively maining a female character in some fantasy-way satisfies that desire to play as a woman.

I think you fall under that category. Maybe even you may have low testosterone levels. See your doctor.
you are very bad at trolling.

Backfire

Noob
dont know if anyone knows this but when you lay a bomb on an interactable (down and interact button), you can change your jump direction if you press down right or down left.

i knew you could do this normally but didnt know you could do it with a bomb.

Rage post...

Ok I'm absolutely free to jumping. Cross up or not. I mb f3, back dash, even try d3 but I get hit out of everything. My f3 mb misses behind them half the time and everything else gets beat out. I try to j1 to beat them but it's a coin flip. On top of that, after I get 4 hit combos after a jump by randoms I've got jack squat for a wake up, so here comes another jump. And since half the jump attacks are effing ambiguous as to which side the hit box decides to register on I'm screwed. Hell even full trait is getting beat on wake up most the time.

I really think catwoman is a solid character, don't get me wrong. I'm just completely lost on what to do against dudes on pogo sticks.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Rage post...

Ok I'm absolutely free to jumping. Cross up or not. I mb f3, back dash, even try d3 but I get hit out of everything. My f3 mb misses behind them half the time and everything else gets beat out. I try to j1 to beat them but it's a coin flip. On top of that, after I get 4 hit combos after a jump by randoms I've got jack squat for a wake up, so here comes another jump. And since half the jump attacks are effing ambiguous as to which side the hit box decides to register on I'm screwed. Hell even full trait is getting beat on wake up most the time.

I really think catwoman is a solid character, don't get me wrong. I'm just completely lost on what to do against dudes on pogo sticks.

If they're doing their jump attacks early you can usually let it whiff and punish the land with d+1~cat claws. This works even on cross ups. If they're doing late jump ins that's when you can preemptive air to air them with jump 1. If all else fails you can try to scout it and jump back 2 then MB Cat Dash if it hits.

If they're doing their jump attacks early you can usually let it whiff and punish the land with d+1~cat claws. This works even on cross ups. If they're doing late jump ins that's when you can preemptive air to air them with jump 1. If all else fails you can try to scout it and jump back 2 then MB Cat Dash if it hits.
yeah jump back 2 really works the most consistent. I just get so mad when I keep getting jumped on and comboed when I know they are going to do it anyway lol.

Also why d1 and not 1? Is it because of lowering my hit box to insure the early jump attack whiffs?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
yeah jump back 2 really works the most consistent. I just get so mad when I keep getting jumped on and comboed when I know they are going to do it anyway lol.

Also why d1 and not 1? Is it because of lowering my hit box to insure the early jump attack whiffs?

1 works too. Whatever you wish. I just like d+1 because of it's reach.

Im not sure if this has been discussed yet. I don't know if I just suck at this or if the timing is strict as hell. What is the trick to landing a b3 after cat claws? I just can't do this consistently for the life of me.

Im not sure if this has been discussed yet. I don't know if I just suck at this or if the timing is strict as hell. What is the trick to landing a b3 after cat claws? I just can't do this consistently for the life of me.
Regular cat claws is a little tight. I was practicing last night and a lot of the times I would just step back a bit or miss the B3 altogether.
A little after the opponent has begun their descent is when you should input B3 and it should catch them right before they hit the ground.

iVital

Noob
Hello, I'm new to TYM, but I'm no stranger to the FGC. I've played MK9 since Day 1 and I can honestly say that I was above the average player.

I recently picked up Injustice about a week ago and I decided to main Selina, but I'm have a hard time establishing pressure with her. I hate having to jump in 24/7 and hope my jump in connects so I can confirm in Cat Claws. Do you all know of any pressure strings I can resort too?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hello, I'm new to TYM, but I'm no stranger to the FGC. I've played MK9 since Day 1 and I can honestly say that I was above the average player.

I recently picked up Injustice about a week ago and I decided to main Selina, but I'm have a hard time establishing pressure with her. I hate having to jump in 24/7 and hope my jump in connects so I can confirm in Cat Claws. Do you all know of any pressure strings I can resort too?
Watch my videos for some ideas http://testyourmight.com/threads/ninj-vs-insert-name-here.32261/ hope that helps

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
When her arm comes back around is when I input the B3...just watch catwoman closely and you can see the window of frames you have to execute ;)

otter

Noob
Hey guys im mostly a capcom player wanting to get into injustice, but I don't understand how to hit confirm into combo starters. I'd like to do b1,b2,d3, cat slaws, b3, ect.... but you have to input cat claws so early before you can tell if the oppoenent is blocking, and its so unsafe. cat dash is unsafe too. Do you just have to get yolo?